Among the cucumbers, there are many species and hybrid categories. Varieties of cucumbers Babushkina, Gostinets and Granddaughter, are among the most famous.
- Characteristic of the varieties
- Description of the bush
- Description of the fruit
- Planting care
- Planting care
- Pests and diseases
These varieties are similar characteristics, but there are some differences.
Characteristics of varieties
In addition to the Grandmother’s Hotel Grandmother’s granddaughter has another variety of grandmother’s cucumbers – Secret. All Cucumbers belong to the category of F1 hybrids.
Description of the bush
According to the description, bushes of Grandmother’s varieties usually grow to 1 or 1.5 m. The scourges have medium branching.
Varieties are known for a long stage of fruiting, rarely get sick. The hotel gives fruit after 52 days, and the Granddaughter – after 32. The Hotel has a mixed type of flowering, the Granddaughter is female.
Description of the fruit
The length of the fruits is the same for both varieties – reaches 10 cm, and the weight is very different: at the Granddaughter, he is 130 g, at the Gostinets – 65 g.
Grandmother’s hotel has a peel covered with bright stripes, large tubercles and small spikes.Grandmother’s granddaughter has small tubercles and without thorns. Both cucumbers have good palatability. Fruits can be used in conservation.
Cucumbers are very useful. Their fiber content helps cleanse the stomach of harmful substances. The presence of vitamins and minerals helps the body better perform the functions of cleansing the blood, improves brain activity.
There are a number of rules for caring for the varieties Gostinets and Granddaughter.
Care during landing
Landing begins in the spring. Seeds are soaked in a solution of water and minerals, sown after drying. Greenhouse is the best place to grow Grandma’s cucumbers.
Cucumbers are watered immediately after planting, being careful: excess moisture can cause root rot.
Care after planting
After planting, the area is cleaned: dirt is removed, the remains of other plants, weeds are monitored. If the bush reaches 1 m in length, it is tied to a trellis for stability. Cucumbers are watered every day using mineral fertilizers (1 tbsp. L fertilizers per 1 liter of water).
Pests and diseases
F1 hybrids rarely get sick, but they don’t protected from pests.
Pests appear even if the vegetables are properly looked after.Fortunately, there are many ways to get rid of harmful insects.
- Whitefly is a small white fly that feeds on plant sap, which causes leaf decay. Against whiteflies, a solution of garlic and water (150 g of garlic per 1 liter of water) helps. The whole bush is sprayed with a solution.
- Aphids are green insects. This pest drinks juice from the leaves. As a result, aphids deprive bushes of healthy leaves and cause decay. In the fight against the pest, a solution of wood ash, soap and water is used (2.5 l of water per 50 g of wood ash and 20 g of soap).
- Spider mites are insects 0.3-0.6 mm in size. The spider mite leaves cobwebs on the leaves and drinks the juice of the plant. To combat the pest, a soap solution is prepared (1 tbsp. Soap per 1 liter of water).
The most effective and expensive pest control option is to use branded insecticides.
F1 hybrids quickly recover, but they themselves can not cope. At the first symptoms of the disease, treatment should be started.
- Powdery mildew. White-yellow spots appear on the leaves of the bush, they fade, fruiting stops. For treatment using a solution of fungicide and water (10 g of fungicide in 5 l of water). If the disease has gone too far, the plant is destroyed.
- Cladosporiosis. Leaves and fruits are covered with brown spots. To cure the bush, it is stopped watering for 4 days and treated with foundationazole (10 g of foundationazol per 0.5 l of water).
- White rot.Sticky white growths appear throughout the bush. For treatment, use a solution of urea, water, zinc sulfate and copper sulfate (10 g of copper sulfate, urea, zinc sulfate per 2 liters of water).
- False powdery mildew. Yellow spots appear on the leaves. The bush dries, the leaves fade. For treatment, stop watering the bush for 5 days and treat it with a solution of polycarbacin (10 g of polycarbacin in 4 liters of water).
Sick plants infect healthy plants. Running bushes destroy.
Varieties of cucumbers Grandmother’s granddaughter and Grandmother’s hotel will definitely please gardeners who will appreciate ease of cultivation and taste of the varieties.