Eggplant is whimsical to the environment and also needs nutrients in the soil. The optimal temperature of eggplant seedlings allows to grow a healthy culture.
- Seed selection for planting
- Preliminary seed preparation
- Calibration and expiration date
- Seed disinfection
- Basic planting requirements
- Temperature <
- Seedling care
- Additional requirements
- Conclusion <
Selection of seeds for planting
First of all, pay attention to the choice of eggplant seeds and prepare them for planting.
The acquisition of high-quality seeds is the basis for obtaining good the crop. It is better to purchase planting material in specialized institutions.
The main selection factors:
- If you prefer to purchase seeds on the market, take it only from trusted sellers.
- When choosing a variety for sowing, give preference to those plants that have been bred for a particular climate. For example, hybrids, which are recommended for cultivation in the middle lane, withstand minor temperature extremes and increased humidity.
- When choosing planting material, pay attention to the integrity of the package. Tears, fading, drips of paint indicate improper storage of seeds.
- The next point is the expiration date. Eggplant seeds can be stored for 5 years. But buying fresher ones increases the chance of good seedlings.
- Buying treated seeds (granular, glazed, coated, inlaid) is a great advantage, because the special coating that appears around the seeds contains a large number of different substances that contribute to quick sprouting.Such material does not need additional processing and disinfection.
- It is better to buy several types of seeds. In this case, the chance of the appearance of good sprouts increases significantly.
Preliminary preparation of seeds
If you prepare the seeds in advance, you can speed up the process of growing, hold prevention of various diseases and get the highest quality and rich harvest. Preplant planting includes a number of measures.
Calibration and expiration date
First of all, we sort the seeds by size, separate large and small ones. This allows you to grow friendly seedlings and a larger crop. Seeds of the same size germinate and produce the same crop for the reason that at the time of growth, more and more nutrients are absorbed, respectively, those that germinate earlier absorb more substances than those that have not yet sprouted. Thus, they inhibit the development of other seeds.
They believe that small seeds should be discarded and only large ones should be left. It’s a myth, just plant seeds of approximately equal size, making them easier to grow.
Carefully inspect the material. Ideal seeds for planting have a light beige color without holes and damage. If the seeds have damaged spots, spots or an unusual color, sift them out.
After a visual inspection, you need to check the seed for germination.To make sure that something grows out of them, put them in the seminal solution for about 10-15 minutes. Those that remain on top are thrown away, the remaining ones are dried and prepared for the next step.
Before growing plant seeds, sanitize them with a manganese solution to reduce the likelihood of disease or heat treatment
For disinfection in the second way:
- Soak in warm (over 45 °) water for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour into cold water for a couple of minutes.
- P place in the prepared solution of trace elements for 12 hours.
- Move to a refrigerator or other cold and dry place for a day and dry well.
The recipe for a solution that will replace the purchased one: 2.5 column dilute wood ash in 0.5 l. water. If there is no ash in the arsenal, use nitrofoska. The effectiveness of the home mortar is lower, but the composition is natural.
Basic planting requirements
For eggplants to grow well, they need a fertile piece of land and a regimen.
They can not stand stagnation of moisture and heavy clay soil. The main need is airy, loose and nutritious soil.
Do not plant the crop in the beds where before that there were tomatoes, potatoes and the like, because they are attacked by similar infections. It is better to grow seedlings after pepper, cucumbers, legumes, melons, pumpkins. After them, a nutrient medium remains, this applies to pepper, despite similar diseases with eggplant.
The recommended temperature for planting eggplants is -15-30 ° С. Vegetables love heat and at temperatures below 15 ° C the sprout loses leaves and can completely deteriorate, it is recommended that the temperature when planting rise to 30 ° C. You should not hurry to plant in a greenhouse or in open space, in the middle Russian zone, a favorable time begins in late May and early July.
After the first sprouts appear, we’ll adjust temperature conditions.
Day from 23 ° C to 27 ° C, and at night 14-18 ° C. Minimum drops are necessary for hardening the root system of the future vegetable.
Another plus of this drop is addiction to low seedling temperatures, and from here there are great chances that it will not freeze and does not disappear, especially in the climate in our country.
As a rule, natural lighting is not enough for stable growth and development of seedlings. It is best to use phytolamps, but regular fluorescent lamps are also suitable.
Additional lighting is required so that the sprouts do not stretch and become pale and weak.This condition can be called prevention from various infections of seedlings already planted in open ground.
The second additional condition for seedlings care is top dressing.
Many experts recommend the following types of top dressing, if necessary:
- the first feeding should occur without picking, as well as 7-10 days after emergence, and when using picking, the optimal days 10 and 11 9 after the procedure);
- any of the following dressings are used to stimulate vegetation with at intervals of 7-10 days.
Each top dressing is combined with watering, the only way to grow high-quality seedlings.
All processes take from 50 to 70 days and as a result get excellent seedlings for open plot of land.
The temperature for young eggplant seedlings should be high, so transplantation is usually done either in the evening from 17 to 20 hours, or on a cloudy day. Also, in the first weeks, each seedling needs to be protected from direct sunlight, for this they use either greenhouse film or paper cones-covers.