Cabbage Mirror is one of the most common vegetable crops grown in summer cottages. The variety gained popularity due to its high taste characteristics and unpretentiousness in care.
- Characteristic of the variety
- Description of the head
- Application <
- Care <
- Pests and diseases
- Pest control
Mirror F1 “This is a hybrid variety. Its advantage is a consistently high yield. Even with high humidity or, conversely, dry and hot. Year Mirror gives a good harvest.
A distinctive feature of the variety is resistance to shooting. Heads of cabbage, not collected at the stage of technical maturity, increase in size, but do not go in arrows.
Description of a head of cabbage
A head of cabbage grows medium in size. Its weight does not exceed 3 kg. The leaves do not fit tightly together and form a round, elongated at the base of the forks.
Description of Mirror cabbage:
- light green color at the stage of technical maturity of the vegetable;
- tender veins on leaves that do not coarse over time;
- thin elongated poker, edible.
Cabbage leaves contain a large amount of glucose. This makes them sweet and juicy.Also, the vegetable is rich in iodine, selenium, vitamins A, B and C.
Mirror cabbage is most often used fresh. It is sweet and juicy, therefore suitable for salads and vegetable slices. Cold snacks are prepared from the vegetable with the addition of fresh cucumber, carrots, radishes and onions. This preserves the maximum of useful vitamins and minerals, but you can use such salads no later than 6-7 hours after cooking.
Also cabbage is suitable for preparing hot dishes. You can make meat or vegetable cabbage rolls, hot side dishes, stew a vegetable with tomato and carrots. This variety is not suitable for winter preservation, pickling or pickling. The delicate structure of the leaf loses its taste and becomes too soft. Such dishes quickly deteriorate.
The seeds of ultra-early Mirror cabbage are planted in seedlings in late February or early March. It depends on where the vegetable will grow: in a greenhouse, greenhouse or in the open field.
The advantage of the F1 hybrid is immediately visible when the seeds germinate. Shoots appear 6-7 days after planting.
The vegetation period when planting under cover material is up to 50 days. If you plant seeds in open ground, the period increases to 60-65 days. To grow Mirror in the middle strip, the beds are covered with a film or other heat-saving materials.
Sowing in the ground is carried out in early April.The sowing depth is 1.5-2 cm. When the seeds are deepened, excessive stretching of the plants is observed.
The crop gives high yields not only on fertile peat lands, but also on clay soils. It is important to change the places of planting cabbage and to observe crop rotation. Vegetables are planted in areas where they were previously grown:
Preparation of land for planting early cabbage begins in the fall, the site is dug up and fertilized. For fertilizer use organic compost, manure and humus. In the early spring, the garden is again dug up, adding wood ash.
Mirror cabbage is fertilized with mineral fertilizers in stages:
- During the first week after planting in open ground, seedlings are fed urea. The solution is prepared at the rate of 3 tbsp. l on 1 bucket of water. This amount is enough for 10 bushes.
- Before starting to head out, the culture needs nitrogen. The growth of the plant, the size and weight of the head of cabbage depends on this.
- When the forks are tied, organic dressing is necessary. How often it depends on poverty or, on the contrary, soil saturation.
Organic fertilizers, such as bird droppings, manure, wood ash, are prepared in advance, a day before feeding.Fertilizer is filled with water in half in a large tank. This mass is stirred several times until a homogeneous liquid is obtained. Before top dressing, the fertilizer is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10.
Early cabbage loves moisture, so it is watered 3-4 times a week, soil should not be allowed to dry out. After each watering, the soil is loosened for oxygen to access the root system.
The first crops, with proper care, feeding and watering, are harvested in mid-May. If you plant seedlings with a difference of 1.5-2 weeks, cabbage is harvested in 2 stages.
Pests and diseases
Cabbage Mirror F1 is resistant to fungal diseases. Even a disease like fusarium is not afraid of the hybrid of this variety.
Insects can harm cabbage:
- Cabbage fly harms the roots of the plant, after which the leaves turn yellow and wilt. She lays eggs at the root neck of the plant. Larvae that are born gnaw the roots and penetrate into the stoker, where they feed on the tissues of the plant. Cabbage quickly dies.
- Cabbage white damages leaves of cabbage and already tied heads. The fly itself is not terrible, but its offspring. The insect lays eggs on the leaves of cabbage. After hatching, the caterpillars devour the head from the inside.
- Aphids are small insects that live in huge colonies. The pest eats plant juices, which leads to its depletion. The bush stops growing and does not form forks.If the aphid infects young seedlings, it dies.
- Cruciferous fleas are small black bugs that feed on cruciferous leaves. They quickly destroy all plantings.
To control pests, sprinkling with chopped wood ash and spraying with a decoction of tobacco helps. To get a decoction of 0.5 kg of tobacco dust, pour 2 liters of water. The solution is boiled and filtered, then soap is added. The resulting liquid is diluted in a bucket of water. If necessary, this solution is sprayed with leaves and ovary of cabbage.
An infusion of red hot pepper is also effective. The powder is insisted in 1 liter of water and then cabbage bushes are abundantly sprayed with it. This procedure does not harm the plant itself.
Mirror early cabbage is one of the harvested varieties, therefore, it is grown in private plots and on farm fields. and to the markets.Cabbage of this variety is easy to transport, it does not lose its presentation . It can be transported on special racks or in mesh bags.