Cabbage Centurion – a hybrid of French selection, which has established itself well thanks to its high yield and stable fruiting. It is suitable for growing in different regions.
- Characteristic of the variety
- Sowing and planting in the ground
- Landing in the open ground
- Feeding <
Characteristics of the variety
The variety belongs to mid-ripening hybrids, from the moment of sowing the seeds to ripening 120 -125 days. It has an average yield of 120 tons per 1 ha. grow under film coverings and in the open field. It is suitable for double crop rotation. White cabbage of this variety is well transported and can be stored all winter.
Cabbage Centurion F1 is highly resistant to Fusarium, rarely affected by thrips, tolerates temperature fluctuation and drought without loss of crop quality. The variety is undemanding to the soil.
Description of the head:
- heads are even, large with tight-fitting leaves.
- color is green with a blue tint;
- round shape;
- weight 2.5-3.5 kg;
- density 4.3 points;
- the stoker is short, small ;
- the leaves are smooth, thin, with a wax coating.
In the context of a white head of cabbage with a very dense structure.
This cabbage is suitable for all kinds of culinary processing, has a pleasant sweet taste and is suitable for fresh salads, does not lose density and remains crispy.
Sowing and planting in the ground
White cabbage is grown in seedlings. Centurion cabbage seeds are sown, starting on March 20.
A universal nutritious soil mixture is suitable for sowing. Before use, it is disinfected. To do this, pour soil with boiling water or a slightly pink solution of potassium permanganate. Seeds before sowing can be treated with a growth stimulant:
Prepared seeds are sown in soil to a depth of 1-1.5 see seedlings appear after 7-10 days. For containers with seedlings, choose a sunny place with an air temperature above 18 ° C. Young plants are watered in small portions of room temperature water as the soil dries.At the age of 10-14 days, seedlings are dived into separate containers (peat pots, plastic cups, seedling cassettes).
Planting in open ground
Cabbage seedlings Centurion f1 are planted in the ground when it reaches 15-20 cm high and will have 4-5 true leaves, and the soil will warm up to 12-14 ° C. Before planting, the seedlings are hardened, and for this they are taken out for several hours every day. The time spent by plants in the open air is gradually increasing.
Seedlings are planted on prepared and carefully dug beds.
Cabbage holes are made in rows according to the 30 x 40 cm pattern. A mixture of sand is laid out in them, humus and ash, watered, seedlings are carefully planted together with an earthen lump. If the average air temperature is below 15 ° C or there is a risk of frost, the bed is covered with agrofibre or foil.
A stable and high yield of cabbage depends on proper care throughout growing season.
Centurion F1 can withstand periods of drought, but regular growth should be required for good growth and for forming good heads. Irrigation rules:
- Water should be warm, with a temperature above 20 ° C.
- It is better to water in shallow furrows in the aisles.
- In sunny, hot periods, they are watered every 2-3 days, in cloudy weather – once every 6-7 days.
- Do not overfill and allow stagnation of water.
- After watering or rain, you need to loosen the aisles.
- During periods of lowering temperature and rains, watering is stopped.
- 3-4 weeks before harvesting, watering is stopped to avoid cracking of heads.
To improve the quality of water for irrigation, hydrogen peroxide is added to it (per 10 liters of water 2 tbsp. l. peroxide). This will facilitate soil aeration, as well as disinfect the soil for the prevention of fungal diseases.
Centurion cabbage is enough to feed twice for good yield and growth of solid heads. Mineral and organic fertilizers are suitable for feeding. It is important to ensure a sufficient amount of nitrogen in the initial period of growth and enrich the soil with phosphorus and potassium at the time of heading ovary.
The first top dressing is carried out 14-21 days after the seedlings are planted in open ground. Feeding options:
- 5 l of rotted cow manure is dissolved in 10 l of water, mixed well, insisted for 12-24 hours, before use, diluted in a ratio of 1: 5 and shed between rows.
- Urea (30 g) is dissolved in 10 l of warm water. 200 ml of solution is enough for one plant.
- Ammonium nitrate (20 g) is dissolved in a bucket of water. The resulting solution is sprayed on the leaves.
- Mix in 10 l of water 1 tbsp.ash and 30 g of superphosphate. Aisles are watered.
The second top dressing is carried out in 15-20 days after the first. It provides plants with nutrients for the full growth of the head of cabbage. You can use the following formulations:
- 0.5 l of chicken manure mixed with 30 g of superphosphate and dissolved in a bucket of water. Insist 12 hours, stirring occasionally. Before use, dilute with water in a ratio of 1: 5 and only then pour.
- Pour 10 liters of warm water 1 kg of chopped fresh nettle, add 2 tbsp. l superphosphate. Insist 1 day. 200 ml of finished dressing is enough for one plant.
- Pour 2 cups of wood ash with a bucket of water, mix well, water the aisles, and also spray on the leaf.
Centurion, like many hybrids, is resistant to various fungal and viral diseases, but if agricultural technology is not observed or weather conditions are difficult of such diseases:
- keel – growths appear on the roots, cabbage stops growing, is easily taken out of the soil;
- parasporosis – gray and yellow spots appear on the leaves, leaves gradually fade and dry out ;
- Fusarium – on the leaves near the veins yellow spots appear, gradually the leaf dries up;
- brain aika turnip – dark spots appear that grow and spread over all leaves, as a result the head of cabbage is damaged and unsuitable for use.
To prevent defeat by diseases, you need to carefully weed out, loosen the soil, do not allow waterlogging of the soil. Also, before sowing seeds, the soil and seeds are disinfected. If a disease is found, the affected plants are removed, and the plantings are treated with special fungicidal agents.
Centurion f1 is resistant to thrips, but can be affected by other pests characteristic for cabbage.
Most often it is aphids, cabbage flies, cruciferous fleas. They can cause significant damage to the crop, as well as become carriers of diseases.
For preventive purposes, sprinkle the leaves with wood ash every 10 days. You can also sprinkle with garlic infusion. For cooking you need 2-3 heads of garlic, they need to be chopped and seasoned 5 l of hot water, allow to cool and spray the plants.
Centurion is a high-quality hybrid that will allow you to get a high yield with good taste and a long storage period. agrot machinery, top dressing and prevention from diseases and pests allow you to get high yields.