Growing vegetables on your own plot is not easy, especially if the region has difficult climatic conditions or the plant is susceptible to diseases and pests. Against the background of all other varieties, Karatop potato occupies an advantageous position, since it differs from all other varieties in excellent taste and high immunity to pathogens.
- Features of the
- Straws <
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Planting potatoes
- Preparing the soil
- Planting potatoes
- Main points of care
- Pest Control
If in the process of growing all the norms and rules of caring for the crop are followed, then the gullet will get a good harvest that can be used to prepare a variety of dishes.
Description and characterization give a clear idea that Karatop is a very early variety of potato The bush is medium-tall, with small-sized green leaves. During flowering, white flowers appear on the plant.
The vegetative period is 60-65 days (this is the time from the moment of planting to the state of technical ripeness). After 50-55 days after planting, it is already possible to start harvesting from one bush; more than 20 pieces are received
Description of the potato variety Karatop says that the tubers are rounded oval forms, weight from 80 to 120-130 g.The flesh in its structure is granular, yellowish in color, the starch content is 11-12%. Potato Karatop has a high keeping quality, the preservation of tubers from autumn to spring reaches 96%, so it can be left for a long period of time.
Advantages and disadvantages
Recently, This variety has gained great popularity, which proves its clear superiority over other members of the Solanaceae family. To verify this statement, it is enough to consider all the strengths and weaknesses of the Karatop potato variety.
A definite plus will be:
- Attractive presentation of the product.
- High rates yields: from 1 ha are collected from 30 to 50 tons.
- Universality of use (average starch content) On a 5-point scale, taste is estimated at 4.6-4.7 points.
- Variety develops well in almost all types of soil.
- This culture is characterized by its resistance to the development of diseases, such as viruses A and U, . Elezistaya blotch, cancer
But, despite all the strengths Karatop potato variety has some drawbacks:
One of the main disadvantages is that it does not tolerate drought. If you do not provide for an additional irrigation system, then root crops will form very slowly. And this, in turn, affects the quality of potatoes. Another negative side is that the variety is weakly resistant to late blight.
Description of the varieties Potato Karatop indicates that this is an early crop, therefore, planting can begin in mid-April, when the soil is sufficiently well warmed up. If the gardener lives in the southern regions, the date may shift, the main thing is that the weather conditions are favorable for the normal development of the plant. An important stage in planting will be the selection of potatoes, in the process it is necessary to adhere to the following criteria:
- root crops that are not affected by fungal diseases are considered good;
- planting material that has many eyes, able to give more shoots;
- the mass of the tuber should be from 60 g to a maximum of 75-80 g
Well, if the seed material is germinated in advance, a small box is taken for this, slightly acidic soil is poured into the bottom with a thin layer. Its temperature should be at least 15 C. Selected fruits are laid out here, and they are covered with soil from above. This process is repeated until the box is completely filled. The box is exposed, the average germination period is 2 weeks. After the root crops are sorted into a separate container.
Preparation of the soil
Potato Karatop will grow well and bear fruit if the place of cultivation of the crop has been previously selected in autumn.
But there are a few conditions. Tomatoes, cucumbers or carrots should not grow on this site.
Fertilize it with rotted manure, first spread it over the territory, and then dig the earth. Large clumps of land should not be broken, so the soil will freeze better, and the germ of pests and weed seeds. In the spring, the land needs to be plowed, loosened and leveled with a rake.
When the seeds are ready and their description matches the standard characteristic, you can start planting. The whole procedure consists of the following points:
- First, dig trenches, the depth of which is calculated from the type of soil: heavy 7-8 cm, light 9-10 cm, clay – half as much.
- The distance between the rows should be more than 60 cm.
- Planting material is laid out every 30-35 cm and sprinkled with soil on top.
Main points of care
The maturity of the crop depends not only on climatic factors, but also on how well the grower cares for the plant. In this case, it is necessary to know all the nuances in order to prevent mistakes thereby causing harm and reducing the amount of yield. It is unrealistic to completely abandon watering and fertilizing, given the current environmental features.
It does not matter what kind of potato grows in the garden, you need to water this plant under the root. Why so?The first reason is that some do not follow the recommendations and water the plant in the morning, but you can’t do this because the sun can leave burns on the leaves. Second, the culture undergoes late blight, and if the plant is filled with water, then this is fraught with the development of the disease. Under normal climatic conditions, karate is watered once a week.
One of the central roles in the process of obtaining a large crop is feeding.
If a plant lacks certain elements, then it will not be able to develop normally. Oversupply also has a negative impact. The optimal solution would be:
- At the beginning of the growing season, up to the beginning of flowering and budding, fertilize tubers with phosphorus.
- As soon as this need passes, potatoes need potassium, which improves the characteristics of the crop.
- Some gardeners add fertilizing during irrigation, as on dry ground, it can burn lower leaves or roots.
To ensure that the crop can be further stored, care must be taken to protect plants from harmful organisms. The nematode, the bear and the Colorado potato beetle eat the tubers. Preventive measures can be taken in advance. To do this, perform:
- Spraying. Root crops are laid out on oilcloth, cellophane or tarpaulin. Chemical products are bred in a bucket and tubers are irrigated with them. Then they are turned over so that all sides are treated with the medicine.
- You can still take the preparation in a dry form, add ash to it and roll potatoes in this mixture.
- Soaking. The drug is poured into a small container and water is added there.Then they put the fruits and they stay there for 2-4 hours, after which they are dried and planted in the ground.
Karatop – table a variety that can rightfully be called one of the best options. Since it involves getting a rich harvest. Subsequent transportation and storage of the product is not difficult. If the gardener does not want to spend time preparing tubers for planting, then planting material can be purchased at agricultural companies.