One of the most attractive breeds of rabbits is the Soviet chinchilla. The name is quite natural. Valuable, thick, very beautiful fur is similar to chinchilla fluff. Thanks to this, the variety received this name.
- Breed characteristics
- Maintenance and care
- Feeding <
Often the breeding process is carried out to obtain beautiful fur and tasty meat. But sometimes you can meet people who breed the breed for decorative purposes. Consider a description of the rabbit of this breed, especially its content and breeding.
Breed stick character
The rabbit breed of the Soviet chinchilla is in great demand on the territory of our country, and therefore you need to consider its description in detail. The chinchilla has an original bluish-silver color. The quality of the fur is determined by color, density and uniformity. Often the color can be zoned and have rather uneven transitions. The fluff is dense, and the edges themselves are black. A diverse color is inherent only in the outer hairs. On the back of the head, rabbits of the Soviet chinchilla breed necessarily have a light wedge, which distinguishes this species from others. In this case, the belly, tail and part of the legs on the inside are lighter.
The eyes of the pussies have a cherry-brown color and a light border around. The tail end is often black, just like the edges of the ears. The head size is small, which distinguishes these rabbits from other species. The weight is small, but the body is quite large and strong. Its length is about 66 cm. The chest is massive. The back is surprisingly wide, and the croup itself is slightly rounded. Sometimes you can meet an individual weighing up to 5 kg, but this happens extremely rarely.
If we consider all the productive characteristics, then the rabbit of the Soviet chinchilla breed is on a par with silver, black-brown and gray breeds. Often these rabbits are selected for the so-called culling, which is carried out according to the following criteria:
- the presence of redheads in the color;
- unevenness on the surface of the skin;
- the appearance of bald spots ;
- a heavily hanging croup;
- a rather hunchbacked back;
- broken and saggy ears.
How much does this eared varieties? Weight is 2.5-2.7 kg.
Maintenance and care
Soviet breeding of chinchilla rabbits obliges to consider the conditions of care and maintenance of this species in sufficient detail.The requirements include:
- maintenance of the premises of constant cleanliness (you need to regularly clean and change the bedding on which the animal is sleeping);
- providing a systematic and balanced diet;
- the ability to go to clean water at any time of the day: it must be warm in winter;
- providing a room that will be protected from drafts and cold in the winter;
- permanent shading, especially on sunny days.
When exposed to in winter, you need to increase the daily nutritional intake of the diet by 15%. Soviet chinchilla rabbits in the breeding process feel good in sheds and mechanized rabbits.
In order for the described rabbits to eat normally at home, you can choose the following food options:
- various wild-growing or seeded herbs;
- ordinary and fodder vegetables, among which at least one potato must be present;
- all kinds of concentrated feed and cereals, the price of which is quite high;
- waste, which can be obtained from the vegetable grower and gardener;
- coarse fibers, including straw and hay;
- mineral and vitamin supplements;
- various animal feeds.
In addition, you can feed these rabbits with the so-called live food and a special hand-made mash. It is extremely important to create a balance between the consumed minerals and vitamins.
Despite the fact that the animal world is rich enough, yes A special role belongs to this breed. A video about the Soviet chinchilla breed will allow you to better learn the features of growing this variety. Breeding rabbits of this chinchilla breed is a real pleasure.