Among the different species of vegetable crops, the humpbacked horse variety deserves special attention.
- Characteristic of the variety
- Description of the bushes
- Description of the fruit
- Planting care
- Planting care
- Pests and diseases
Belonging to F1 hybrids gives the Little Humpbacked Horse variety a number of positive qualities: good harvest Alignment and resistance to negative external factors, as well as self-pollination.
Description of the bushes
The height of the bush does not exceed 1.5 m on average. The hybrid forms up to 15 fruits at a time. No more than 7-8 ovaries form in its nodes, and 46 days after sowing, fruits are harvested. Also, the bush belonging to F1 hybrids saves him from most diseases. The female type of flowering dominates in the bush.
Description of the fruit
The size of the fruit reaches 12 cm, weight – 90 g. Cucumber The Little Humpbacked Horse F1 has a thin skin covered with medium tubercles. size.
According to the description, the fruit is distinguished by juicy pulp and lack of bitterness.Cucumbers F1 Humpbacked Horse are good for consumption because they contain a large amount of vitamins and substances that cleanse the blood and stomach.
If you follow all the rules for care, no problems with pests and diseases.
Care during planting
Seeds are planted in the first ten days of April. Grains of cucumbers are planted by pre-treating them with a solution of water and minerals. It is recommended to use small pots with good soil. After fertilizing the soil, the seeds are planted to a depth of about 3 cm. The soil is watered every day, without overdoing, so that the soil does not acidify.
Care after planting
Proper care of the variety Skate -Humpback assumes compliance with basic rules. On the site, the remains of other vegetation, dirt, weeds are removed. When the bush is old enough, it is tied to a trellis to give support. During the development period, the bush is fed. Without proper care, the plant may become sick or die.
Pests and diseases
- Whitefly is a small white fly that drinks plant sap and leaves sooty mushrooms. A solution of garlic and water (150 g of garlic per 1 liter of water), which is sprayed on cucumbers, helps against whiteflies.
- Aphids like colonies to settle on leaves and eat them.The consequences of its wrecking – wilting leaves. A solution of wood ash, soap and water helps against aphids (50 g of wood ash and 20 g of soap are added to 2.5 l of water).
- Spider mites are small mites that leave a web under the leaves, where they are sitting. Against them, spraying with soapy water (1 tbsp. Soap per 1 liter of water) helps the back of the leaves.
If pests settled on one bush, you should try to exterminate them before they switch to others.
More effective in the fight against parasites are branded drugs “Tanrek”, “Actellik”, “Commander”, “Fitoverm”, “Wofatox”, “Kinmix” and others.
Diseases most often occur due to the carelessness of the owners of the site.
- Powdery mildew. White spots appear on the leaves, gradually spreading throughout the plant. Because of it, the leaves dry out and fruiting stops. To combat the disease, the infected parts are cut off, the plants are sprayed with fungicides (10 g of fungicides in 5 l of water). With a strong spread of the disease, the bush is destroyed.
- Cladosporiosis. Brown ulcers appear on the plant, the fruits look rotten. To combat watering, plants are stopped for 5 days and treated with foundationazole (10 g of foundationazol per 0.5 l of water). Affected parts of the bush are removed.
- White rot. This is a viscous texture of white color, which causes the fruits and the bush itself to rot.The affected parts of the plant are removed, the bush is treated with a solution of urea, water, zinc sulfate and copper sulfate (10 g of copper sulfate, urea, zinc sulfate per 2 liters of water).
- False powdery mildew. Small yellow spots on the leaves. The disease causes the leaves to dry, and then the whole plant. Stopping watering and feeding for 3-4 days, as well as subsequent treatment with polycarbacin (10 g per 5 liters of water) will help in the fight against this disease.
- Yellowing of the leaves. The usual yellowing of the leaves is often due to a lack of potassium. Spraying the plant with an infusion of ash (200 g per 2.5 liters of water) helps to cope with this.
It is necessary to ensure that the disease does not pass from the diseased plant to healthy ones.
If the disease has gone too far, there will be only one option – get rid of the planting.
Cucumber Horse F1 humpback is an excellent variety that does not cause trouble if you follow the basic rules for caring for it.