Seasonings add spice to ordinary dishes, therefore they are present in almost all national cuisines. Chili pepper is one of the most popular spices in the world. Let’s take a look at the characteristics, harms and benefits of chili pepper.
- Composition <
- Features of agricultural machinery
- Composition <
- From diseases
- For beauty
- For weight loss
- For male power
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Individual intolerance
- How to cook
Chilean pepper is of Mexican origin According to pagan beliefs of the Aztecs, the spice belonged to the goddess Causholotl and had magical properties. In Europe, the plant hit in the XV century with the second expedition of Christopher Columbus. Another popular spice is called kaptsikum, but this name has not taken root.
The name “Chile” appeared, thanks to the conquistadors who were engaged in its distribution. They considered the country of Chile to be the birthplace of this plant.
Chile pepper contains capsaicin, an alkaloid that is responsible for a specific burning taste.The substance is irritating to receptors of pain in the brain and on the mucous membrane. The result is increased heart rate, increased sweating and the production of endorphins. Complex chemical elements eliminate discomfort and cause emotional uplifting, euphoria.
Seeds are the most bitter in hot chili peppers. By removing the internal partitions with grains, you can reduce burning and bitterness. With regular use in food, a person gets used to the taste of a vegetable. Unlike other products, the substance does not cause withdrawal syndrome and the subsequent discomfort.
What the vegetable looks like:
- red Chile pepper.
- among the species of Chile pepper there are practically no differences in the structure of tops and leaves, the size of which remains almost unchanged.
- the height of the bush varies from 15 cm to 1 m, white flowers , sometimes have a yellow coating on the pestle.
Features of agricultural technology
A perennial plant prefers to develop in warm, humid conditions. You can grow both seeds and seedlings.
In cool regions, culture can be grown without problems in a greenhouse. If you take proper care (watering, top dressing), the vegetable will delight you with an abundant harvest.
The bush grows in nutrient soil, so when planting pay attention to the composition of the soil. With a deficiency of fertilizer, the plates turn yellow, and the yield is small. The value of such products is small and difficult to maintain until the next season.In conditions where summer is not all year round, seeds are germinated before planting.
What are the varieties of chili pepper? A popular spice is not limited to one plant, breeders derive many interesting species. To prepare a dish, you need to know the features of spice.
- Ancho. The birthplace of the plant is Mexico, but recently the bush has spread throughout the world. This is a sweet green pod with medium sharpness.
- Yellow, or Guero. Not a very burning spice with a pleasant smell and sour finish.
- Mini, or Thai. A small plant with small fruits is easy to grow in a pot instead of a flower. Despite its size, it is one of the most bitter species.
- Mr. Max. Large pods have a bright, memorable aroma.
The stinginess of peppers is usually measured on the Scovilla scale. Now the sharpest plant in Chile is a variety of Caroline reaper. The variety has more than 1.5 million units of pans, which makes it a champion among hot spices.
Is Chile Pepper useful for the body? One of the important advantages is the presence in it of a huge number of useful elements. The product is rich in dietary fiber and has virtually no fat (no more than 1%), cholesterol.100 g of vegetable contains only 40 calories, although it is rare for anyone to eat spice in such a volume.
The benefit of Chili pepper is that it contains a huge amount of ascorbic acid, which covers a double daily rate. In addition, vitamins A, K and B6 are present in the burning vegetable, affecting important functions of the human body. Regular addition to food has a positive effect on internal organs, bones and skin.
Minerals: iron, magnesium and potassium – affect the cardiovascular system. Zinc is involved in biochemical reactions, helping the immune system. Phosphorus maintains the quality of bone tissue, improves mental and muscle activity.
Chile pepper, whose properties have been surprising for more than a year, is a favorite in many national cuisines. It is important to know the strengths of the product.
Chili peppers are recommended to be consumed regularly. First of all, the product is useful for improving health. It helps relieve or alleviate the symptoms of many ailments.
- High blood pressure. Hot spice dilates blood vessels and stabilizes the heart.
- Kills infections. Capsaicin easily copes with bacteria, therefore it is effective for disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, food poisoning, tonsillitis.
- Prevents the development of diabetes mellitus (type 2). By lowering blood sugar, red chili helps reduce glucose.For the body to function normally, less insulin is needed.
- Cancer prevention. Scientists have noticed that with regular eating of spices, people are less likely to develop oncology.
- Helps with diseases of the musculoskeletal system. When applied externally, it is possible to overcome such ailments as arthritis, rheumatism and radiculitis.
- Strengthens the nervous system. Due to the acute properties of chili peppers, receptors signal the brain and endorphin is produced. The hormone helps relieve pain, stress, and helps treat insomnia.
- From worms. Parasites do not live in the digestive tract of people who prefer burning foods. It will be possible to neutralize insects at a certain concentration of the active substance.
In addition to the above, the vegetable reduces the amount of salt consumed, as a result, the body stops holding water, which positively affects the general state of health.
What are the beneficial properties of chili peppers for cosmetic purposes? Due to its hotness, the spice is often used to improve the appearance of skin and hair. Peppers are popular among the peoples of India. Domestic beauties use alcohol tinctures to enhance hair growth.
When eaten, a sharp vegetable improves the formation of the hormone testosterone.When used wisely, you can get rid of hair loss. Excessive eating leads to excess hairiness on the body.
For weight loss
Hot chili pepper perfectly suppresses appetite, which helps to quickly lose weight. The active substance begins to work with food, the effect lasts several hours. A person eats less food, while saturation comes earlier. BZHU in 100 g of red spice:
- proteins – 11%;
- fats – 6%;
- carbohydrates – 70%.
The low calorie content of the product allows you to use it on a diet. If spice is added to food, taste characteristics will increase. Some people include this vegetable in their diet because it speeds up metabolism and normalizes digestion.
The drug produces endorphin (a hormone of happiness), which positively affects mood. If a person does not sleep well, his body is under stress and stores extra pounds. Using chili peppers in daily dishes, a person gets rid of insomnia. Spice removes water from the body, which also contributes to weight loss.
For male power
Scientists have proven that regular consumption of a small amount of spice improves sexual life. The abundance of vitamins and minerals positively affects the human body. Blood is diluted, which affects the work of the genitals.
Testosterone production is increasing, which helps maintain physical fitness and improves stamina in men. To build muscle mass, athletes prefer to add a pinch of pepper in shakes.
Many people still believe that the product is an aphrodisiac, so they introduce spicy spices into the diet. However, do not abuse chili peppers. Excess spice increases sexual intercourse, but negatively affects sperm motility and vitality.
Pepper has many useful properties, however, there are contraindications for its use, because chili peppers can adversely affect health.
Problems with the gastrointestinal tract
If you eat a lot of chili pepper, the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines is destroyed. When abused, the benefit grows to harm, gastritis and an ulcer can develop.
Patients prone to heartburn should not abuse the product. Active substances and bitterness irritate the digestive tract, this causes an unpleasant effect. If the discomfort recurs, it is better to abandon the acute. People with high levels of acidity may experience a burning sensation in the abdomen.
Burning plants can cause a chemical burn or severe tissue irritation.When in regular contact with the product, it is better to use gloves. Affected areas are washed extensively with water and wiped with sunflower oil.
You need to be as careful with your eyes as possible. The smallest particle on the surface of the mucous membrane causes pain and redness, and the consequences are difficult to remove without medical intervention.
Despite the healing properties of pepper, if consumed every day , can cause harm to the body. It is undesirable to consume more than one sharp pod per day: this can cause allergies. Symptoms are:
- redness of the skin, mucous membrane;
- general weakness.
Children under 12 are also not allowed to eat spicy foods.
For pregnant women, spice can cause a miscarriage. During menstruation, blood flow increases, which negatively affects women’s health. Spice lovers suffer from lower abdominal pain and severe bleeding.
Many people are unaware that they are allergic until they receive the results of the study. In this case, it is recommended to refuse the use of Chile or reduce the amount to a minimum. An allergy can develop into asthma.
How to cook
Famous English chef Jamie Oliver recommends eating chili peppers to change the taste of familiar dishes.Spicy vegetables can be pickled and smoked, dried and ground into powder. Depending on the type of spice and the method of preparation, the food will have a different taste.
Types of pepper:
- Fresh. After removing the internal partitions and seeds, the pulp is added to the food.
- Dried. The most popular processing method that allows you to experiment with different varieties and fully control the process. Use the fruits, both whole and ground.
- Freezing. In order to keep the spice without problems, they prefer to freeze it. At the same time, nutritional value and medicinal properties are not lost.
The vector of application of Chile pepper is extensive. Any dish acquires not only the uniqueness of taste, but also usefulness.Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the spice, you can avoid problems.