Foliar top dressing of potatoes is often used to provide vegetables with the required nutrients, which is the key to a good future harvest.
- The action of foliar feeding
- Features and timing
- SAWs <
- Dates <
- Schemes and recipes for foliar top dressing
- Humates <
- Urea <
- Copper sulfate
- Boron with manganese
- Phosphorus <
- Rules for
The action of foliar feeding
Often used in growing vegetables to In Ulthra, leaf nutrition can provide up to 100% of the yield, due to the fact that by its nature potatoes have a strong susceptibility to foliar nutrition due to the ability of its leaves to absorb nutrients required for growth and development. In the process of such replenishment, not only the leaf part of the plant, but also the stems with inflorescences take part, which gives a high degree of absorption and assimilation of the fertilizers applied. that part of the potato bush that requires it and needs to be nourished.
In contrast to the usual root feeding for gardeners, which requires the introduction of a large number of fertilizers due to the reduced susceptibility of potatoes to it, foliar can reduce material costs for fertilizing a vegetable crop.
Features and timing
Leaf nutrition of potato culture has its own specifics. Spraying with organic and inorganic fertilizer solutions requires additional techniques and meeting the deadlines for this.
If spraying is incorrectly performed, the multilayer epithelium of the plant leaf blades coated with a wax protective top film with cutin becomes a persistent barrier to the penetration of nutrient solution.
The natural barrier layer of leaves reduces the effective effect of foliar nutrition by at least three times.
To overcome In order to increase the penetration rate of fertilizing into plant cells, experienced gardeners resort to the use of specially designed means – surfactants, or surface active substances, also called adjuvants.
In many cases, adjuvants are already contained in those formulations which are intended for nutrition of vegetables. Instructions will tell about their presence as a component. When surfactants are not part of the drug, it is purchased separately and added to the spray solution.
The point of using adjuvants is to increase the area of liquid spreading on the leaf surface, destroy the protective layer of the leaf plate and retain nutrients through the formed microdamages in the leaf surface.
Among the terms when it is necessary to carry out leaf bait, there are four main stages:
- the initial fertilizer is carried out 15-20 days after the tubers are planted in the soil, when there is a need for nitrogen fertilizers, the best foliar top dressing in e urea appears from the period,
- secondary processing falls on the flowering period of the potato culture and requires a complex solution that involves solutions of copper sulfate, potassium chloride, ammonium nitrate, superphosphate,
- third and fourth bait is carried out by fertilizers, in which among the main components are boron, iron, manganese, potassium and magnesium.
Each gardener has his own potato bait recipes that help plant growth and act as a prophylactic in the fight against fungal diseases:
- through nitrogen spraying, protect vegetables from nematodes,
- nettle infusions are often used to effectively fight aphids,
- copper sulfate is known as a remedy against late blight and a way to increase the shelf life of the crop,
- boron is used to there were no voids in the grown tubers,
- the manganese contained in the solutions improves the palatability sugar content of potatoes.
Treatment of plants with boron and manganese, and the use of potassium are held on the stage of formation of potato tubers when finished flowering. Often used ready-made drug Azofoska. Urea spraying has a beneficial effect on the growth of tops. At the last stages of the development of potato culture, three weeks before harvesting, superphosphate treatment is carried out. Humates are used throughout the growing season.
Schemes and recipes for foliar top dressing
The use of a particular composition for potatoes depends on the stage of development of the vegetable crop.
They are used throughout the growing season, starting with the fourth leaf on the sprout.There are ready-made solutions, for example Gumat 7, which are bred 2 grams per ten-liter bucket. The consumption of such a bait will be about 3 liters per 1 hundredth planting.
Foliar feeding of urea potatoes is used during the period when the first sprouts appear. Treatment with urea contains nitrogen and thereby compensates for its deficiency in the initial stage of plant development. The urea spray solution includes:
- 10 l of water,
- 0.2 kg of urea,
- 0.3 kg of potassium monophosphate,
- 10 grams of boric acid.
A carbamide spray is used often, before the onset of flowering, subject to a two-week break between procedures. In the secondary and subsequent spraying, an increase in concentration is allowed with a decrease in the amount of water to 5 liters. In some cases, ready-to-use micronutrient fertilizers are added to the urea solution.
It protects the growing shoots of potatoes from diseases and pests and provides proper nutrition for the development of potato tubers. Spraying with copper sulfate is carried out at the flowering stage and includes a set of components:
- ammonium nitrate and potassium chloride – 2 g each,
- superphosphate – 20 g,
- vitriol 0.1 g,
- water – 10 l.
Boron with manganese
At the end of the flowering process at the ripening phase of root crops, it is recommended to feed potatoes with boron and manganese. To do this, there is a finished preparation Mag-bor, which is diluted in the proportion of a large spoon (15 grams) per ten liter amount of water. Together with them, foliar top dressing of potatoes with potassium can be carried out.
Foliar top dressing of potatoes with superphosphate occurs at the end of the vegetative stage of development of the vegetable crop. Superphosphate is the key to improving the taste of potatoes and increasing the shelf life and shelf life of the future potato crop. For spraying, 100 g of superphosphate is diluted in 10 l of water.
Rules for conducting
Due to the specific structural features of the leaf plate of potatoes with a dense film protection, feeding potatoes it is carried out according to certain rules in order to ensure greater efficiency in the supply of nutrients to plant cells.
- First of all, it will be useless to spray in the rain or directly in front of it, since the potato digestibility of the obtained fertilizing takes at least 3 hours.
- When top dressing, it is not recommended to exceed the allowable dosage.
- When frost occurs, potato top dressing is postponed until warm.
- To avoid getting burned by potato bushes dressing in hot weather is not carried out. For this, morning or evening hours are selected.
- It is recommended to choose small droplets for spraying.
These simple rules for foliar top dressing of potatoes will provide plants with proper nutrition and will bring the expected potato harvest.