If you want to create a decorative breed of chickens that has good meat characteristics, Bentamki chickens will be an excellent option. Bentamki is not only a decoration of any courtyard, but also owners of high tastes of meat. Due to the fact that Bentamka chicken has a huge number of various breeds, each farmer will be able to choose the suitable option for the farm.Let us consider the characteristics of decorative bentamka chickens and features of keeping birds at home.
- Bentamka chicken and its origin
- Appearance and description of Bentamka
- Bentamka and its breeds
- Proper content of Bentamka
- Distinctive features from other types of hens
Chicken Bentamka and e its origin
Bentamki first appeared in Japan. In this area, a similar chicken lives in the wild. If we compare Bentamok with other varieties of chickens , then they are sufficiently adapted to live in any conditions, have good health and high taste indices. This breed has an inherent feature: even the most serious diseases .
bypass the side of Bentamok. Due to the fact that Bentamok is left to herself in the wild, she can protect her offspring and fend for herself. By protecting the brood, chickens can fight back even predatory kites. Despite the fact that they are quite fighting, in the same yard, these hens are able to get along with other species of winged and not attack them.Moreover, sometimes it happens that chickens of other breeds breed well with the help of Bentamki.
In Russia, the Bentamka chicken breed appeared quite a long time ago, since the very first mention of it dates back to the 18th century. At that time, Bentamki acted as decorative pieces that were the decoration of the garden. Such hens in the courtyard indicated the wealth and wealth of the family. The colorful cockerel was called “king.”
Appearance and description of Bentamki
Description of this chicken is useful and necessary information for the breeder. Considering a similar breed, it is worth noting that this is a dwarf version of the decorative direction . The weight of the chicken is about 500 g, and the cockerel is about 1 kg. In the event that the keeping takes place in very good conditions, in 1 year it can bring about 150 eggs, while 1 egg weighs about 45-50 g. At the same time, you should pay attention to the real number of egg production, which is guaranteed by all farmers: this 80 eggs per year.
The legs and skin of Bentamok are yellow, but the crest has a slightly pink tint. Any Bentamka has a sufficiently bright plumage, which distinguishes it from representatives of other varieties. Despite the wide variety of all kinds of colors, the tail of this bird can sometimes be black. But the main features of this bird are rightfully miniature sizes and an individual bright color, which even hens have.
Bentamok and its breeds
Looking at the photos of the Bentamok, already in appearance it can be determined that there is a huge variety of species of this bird. Below we consider what the representatives of the breed are.
- Nanking. This breed is inherent in a yellowish-yellow color. The Bentamok rooster has a rather contrasting plumage of black on the neck, tail and chest with small inclusions. There is no plumage on the legs.
- The Beijing Bentamka is the most popular among all species, appreciated for its miniature size. Also, this breed has such a name as “Kokhinkhinsky bentam.”
- the leggy differs from other species in the thick plumage located on its legs.
- The bentamka of the genus Seabright, the peculiarity of which is that this species is on the verge of extinction. All kinds of diseases actively kill young animals, while egg production is at their lowest level. In adulthood, a small number of representatives of this breed can be found. At the same time, the cock is distinguished by strong militancy, and the hens are not fertile, which is not at all inherent in such a breed. At the same time, looking at the photo, you can see that their color is unique: gold or silver.
- Shabo, also called “Japanese”. As for the color, this kind is not inherent in any uniform color. But in fact, these are Bentamki dwarf chickens, having quite miniature shapes and body sizes.In fact, this is the smallest instance of this species.
- Altai Bentamka comes from Barnaul, and it differs in that it is completely furry. The Altai breed has a large number of colors and a magnificent hairstyle on its head.
- Calico Yuntamka. A similar chintz breed is now widespread in Russia. The rooster has black plumage on the tail with a greenish tint. The chintz variety on feathers has beautiful white spots. There is absolutely no plumage on the legs. At the same time, Bentamka chintz acts as the ancestor of the walnut look.
- Walnut has a delicate plumage of chocolate color with legs bluish in color.
- Java is the black variety that occurs most often. It may also have a pure golden color, but rarely enough. The rooster weighs about 900 g, and the representative of the chicken weighs 500 g.
If you decide to buy Bentham types of chickens, you should definitely pay attention to the wide variety of species that amazes with its original appearance.
The correct content of the Bentamka
To maintain the Bentamok for sale does not require a large amount of cost. The only thing that chickens need is the presence of a well-heated room, because they are too sensitive to cold weather. The floors must be insulated and lined with shavings or straw.In order for Bentamki to be able to systematically clean their own feather, it is necessary to put a box in the premises containing sand and ash in the same ratio.
Since these hens are quite miniature, they carry poorly. At one time, a chicken can hatch several eggs, but no more than 7. On the 21st day, chickens appear. At the same time, chickens of such a Bentamka should be fed the softest food in the first 3 days. Most often this is a crush of cottage cheese and eggs, and subsequently – millet. After several days, adult representatives begin to teach chickens to independently search for food.
In the summer, they can be kept in specially equipped enclosures , the dimensions of which are 3 x 2 meters. At the same time, it is desirable to divide the space of the enclosure into 2 zones: in one there should be dried sand, and in the other – cereals. A stick should be nailed as a perch.
As for nutrition, it will be quite simple. In the summer, it can be a mixture of compound feed with chopped herbs, and in other seasons the diet is much larger. It can be potatoes, grains, carrots, vitamin supplements with flour, food waste, cottage cheese and even yeast. The Bentham rooster and the chicken should be fed about three times a day, and the nestlings should be fed every 2 hours.
Distinctive features from other types of chickens
This breed has a number of features that distinguish it from other species.These include:
- diverse and vibrant appearance;
- dwarfism, as the weight does not exceed 1 kg;
- high protective characteristics;
- good health;
- gorgeous palatability: meat is not only tasty and nutritious, but also tender;
- well-developed instincts of brood hens, females are able to hatch chicks of other breeds.
If you decide to buy this breed, then do not doubt the perfect choice. The meat and egg are quite tasty, and the price for them is more than available for the purchase of a whole pen of this bird.