Tomatoes are subtropical in origin, therefore, in open space they can be grown exclusively in regions with warm climatic conditions, in all others, only greenhouse (seedling) is allowed way. Tomatoes are one of the most beloved vegetables, housewives can make one hundred different dishes and salads from it, respectively, many gardeners try to plant as many more different varieties on their site as possible to get a rich harvest.Tomato Kievljanka is one of the favorite varieties that is chosen because of the high yield indicator, as well as because of its unrivaled taste characteristics.
- Varietal Features
- Characteristics of Kievlivka
- Features of cultivation and subsequent care of the plant
- The first stage – preparation
- Stage – cultivation of seedlings
- Picke and related procedures
- Planting seedlings
- Benefits and disadvantages with that
- Conclusion <
In the list of the most popular varieties, there is often a description of the Kiev woman tomato, because they have unique characteristics, in comparison with other representatives of the culture:
- The bush is referred to as indeterminate plants (that is, which do not stop growing).
- On average, the height of the bush is 1.7-1.8 m., but as reviews of vegetable growers show, some oryh shrub grows up to 2,5 m
- Leaves -. the ordinary, medium – large size, dark -. Emerald color
- The peduncle has no stains.
- Tomatoes of this variety have an ordinary type of inflorescence.
- According to the description of tomato Kiev, large-sized fruits have an average weight of 300-500 gr., if you follow the basic rules for growing tomatoes, you can grow fruit weighing 1000 grams.
- “Kyivan” is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. Therefore, eating them will help prevent the development of diseases of the cardiovascular system, in addition, tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and organic acids, which favorably affects vision.
- Unripe tomatoes, light green in color, as soon as ripening begins in greenhouse conditions, they turn pink, with some orange blotches. If the plant is grown in an open area with a normal amount of light and a warm climate, then the tomatoes of this variety get a raspberry color.
- This variety has high yields.
Tomatoes are suitable for home spin, housewives prefer to make juice from Kiev. If you select exclusively ripe fruits, then it will have a honey aftertaste. During processing, you can notice that there are small voids inside the fruit, this is due to the features of this type of tomato, but this fact does not affect other parameters of the fruit.
Characteristics of Kiyivanka
According to the description of “Kiyvianka” they are not tolerated by temperature changes, respectively, the culture is not suitable for growing outdoors in an area where there are sharp changes in temperature or heavy rains . Given these characteristics, the beginning of cultivation falls in mid-April – the first decade of May. This is a medium-late greenhouse variety. Sowing seeds for seedlings is performed 2-2.5 months before the intended planting in the ground. It is best that the fruits ripen on the bush, as they can increase in size. This variety is not particularly well tolerated transportation over long distances. In vegetable stores with normal (standard) conditions, it can be stored for 1 – 2 months, no more, because over time, the tomato begins to deteriorate and rot.
In order to maximize the use of fruits, they must be harvested in a state of full ripeness. If the vegetable grower plucked unripe tomatoes, then they can be left for several days to ripen. In this case, it will acquire a pink hue.
Features of cultivation and subsequent care of the plant
These tomatoes have some features of cultivation, but even the inexperienced vegetable growers can do the whole production process.The main condition for success, strict adherence to the rules, then in the end, a person will receive a high yield indicator. The whole process consists of several stages.
The first stage is preparation
Before sowing the seeds, you need to thoroughly prepare the soil. Professional vegetable growers, for these purposes, recommend using a mixture consisting of ordinary garden soil, but it is supplemented with special fertilizers (ammonia, phosphate additives or wood ash) and animal humus.
Some gardeners add tobacco or tobacco dust to the ground, which is rich in phosphorus, potassium and nitrogen. The preparatory stage also applies to seeds, before they are planted, they must be soaked in a specialized solution (potassium permanganate is diluted with water).
Stage – cultivation of seedlings
After they were all preparations have been made, the seeds are planted in the ground. Some manufacturers preliminarily abundantly fill the earth with water, but as practice shows, it is better when the planting is carried out in moist soil, and after a while you can irrigate the sprouts a little. The depth of planting seeds is 1.5 – 2 cm. If the container with soil for seedlings is in the greenhouse, and not as an option in the house, then to improve the conditions, the soil is covered with a film.
As soon as the first sprouts begin to appear, tomatoes need to be rearrange to a place where there is good sanctification.These bushes need a sufficient amount of heat and light, in the first stages fluorescent lamps are suitable for this, but it is enough if the container is rearranged closer to sunlight.
Pick and its accompanying procedures
When full-fledged small leaves appear on the tomato, you need to dive (seating in separate containers, it can be cups). All of them gather in a large box, installing next to each other, then it will be possible to observe and compare the development of seedlings.
To characterize the crop, the word resa is suitable, that is, the grower receives a great many fruits.
Therefore, in order to equalize the ratio of the number of tomatoes and green mass on the bush, stepsoning is performed. This helps to adjust the load on the branches, as they remove unnecessary shoots in the axils of the leaves. The procedure is carried out during a dive, when the seedlings are less than 10 centimeters. If you carry out pinching later, then there is a very real possibility of causing injury to the plant, after which the yield indicator decreases.
Everyone who has previously cultivated this variety knows that the bush is large, so the minimum permissible distance between the bushes is 50 cm. It is desirable that the row spacing be approximately the same distance.
If the climatic conditions of the region of residence are cold, then “Kievanka” better planted in a greenhouse. Due to the fact that the plant reaches 2 m, they must be tied. The bushes form in 2 to 3 stems.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The positive characteristics include the following:
- High taste.
- Rich harvest.
- The large size of the fruit (some vegetable growers are called from the rera (translated from the ancient languages hippopotamus), they really look like these animals).
- Low keeping quality and poor transportability.
- This variety is not suitable for northern (cold) regions, because of the climate the fruiting rate decreases .
Kievlivka is a unique variety, the cultivation of which allows gardeners to enjoy sweet, beautiful and meaty tomatoes. Many reviews say that it is one of the highest yielding varieties recommended for cultivation.