The herbaceous plant of the genus Wormwood has several species. A special place is occupied by annual wormwood due to its wide range of applications. It is used for medicinal purposes and in other various fields (gastronomy, cosmetology, chemical industry, etc.). What is grass, where does it grow, how is it used? Are there any contraindications to its use?
- Scientific classification
- is Made of
- Healing Effect
- Recommended Recipes
- Improving appetite
- Against malignant neoplasms
- For the treatment of cancer
- Limitations to use
- Other areas of use
- Conclusion <
Scientific Classification katsiya
An annual wormwood belongs to the family of asterscent astrocotypes. The class is dicotyledonous, the department is angiosperms (flowering). The international scientific name in Latin is Artemisia annua.
It grows in bushes. The bushes have the shape of a pyramid, can reach a height of 1-1.5 m, as a result of which they are often planted along the boundaries of the site in the form of a hedge. It blooms from mid to late summer. Fruits appear from August to September.
What the grass looks like:
- Stem. Height from 30 cm to 1 m. Erect, bare, ribbed. Young growth of bright green color, growing, it gradually acquires a brown or purple hue.
- Leaves. Attached to the stem with the help of short petioles, the arrangement of the sheets is next (in a spiral).The color is dark green, bottle. Size – from 2.5 to 10 cm in length and from 2.5 to 4 cm in width.
- Flowers. Unsightly, small, yellow. They are located in hemispherical baskets forming a paniculate branched inflorescence. The basket is on a thin leg from 1 to 3 mm long. On the edges of the basket are localized female flowers with a filiform tongue, in the center are bisexual flowers of a tubular-tubular shape.
- Fruits. They are an elongated flat one-seeded seed.
What it consists of
The composition of ordinary annual grass contains many useful substances:
- essential oil;
- vitamin C.
In addition, the substance sesquiterpene lactone artemisinin was found in it. It is widely used as a treatment against malaria.
According to the description, the essential oil consists of a number of chemicals, including acids (ethane, butane), alcohols, camphor, borean camphor, camphene, eucalyptol , cadinene, pinene, caryophyllene. They give a characteristic fragrant aroma of freshness and wood.
In Russia, annual wormwood is not very common.It grows mainly in Eastern Siberia, the European part of the country, on the Caucasus foothills.
Most often can be seen in the south and southeast of Europe, in some countries of Central Asia, in Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Iran, North America.
In the wild grows on sandy soil, in fields, along the railway. It is common to grow near houses, on lawns, in city parks and squares. It has increased drought-resistant properties, resistance to diseases.
The healing and restorative properties of the herb have been known since ancient Rome.
- heals wounds, burns, eczema, pustules and other skin lesions;
- enhances immunity;
- improves appetite;
- promotes weight loss;
- relieves helminths;
- normalizes the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- has an antipyretic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory effect.
One-year different visibility (annua artemisia) successfully fights against the following diseases:
- malaria (formerly known as swamp fever);
- tuberculosis of various organs and systems;
- renal and hepatic diseases;
- pathologies in the field of gynecology.
Information: official medicine confirms that annual wormwood in the form of an extract is able to fight even with oncological diseases. The main condition is the correct dosage of the product and the use of annual grass, rather than perennial or slide. Since, for example, bitter has more alkaloids in its composition.
It is used as a medicine in fresh or dry form, as well as in the form of extract, tincture , decoction, ointment.
Improvement of appetite
To improve appetite, use the following recipe from annual wormwood:
- take 1 tbsp. spoon of grass;
- pour 1 cup boiling water;
- put the resulting mixture on low heat;
- boil for 10 minutes;
- carefully strain.
Drink 1-2 teaspoons before each meal.
Important! To achieve the maximum effect of treatment, it is necessary to strictly observe all the recommendations for preparing and taking the drug.
Against malignant neoplasms
Tincture of annual wormwood has some contraindications, but still it is less toxic than chemotherapy that is widely used against cancerous tumors.
Method of preparation:
- heat alcohol or moonshine to 40 ° С;
- place the roots of wormwood in a glass bowl;
- pour the roots alcohol so that it completely covers them and the liquid level is 2-3 cm higher;
- insist for 15 days.
Use three times a day, diluting 1 Art. l in 50 ml of warm water, half an hour before eating.
Tincture can be purchased at the pharmacy. Also, dilute with water, from 10 to 15 drops of the drug.
Information: the prepared tincture can be used as a compress applied to the tumor area.
For the treatment of cancer
Annual wormwood in the form of a decoction is suitable for those who cannot tolerate alcohol. It helps well with cancer of the liver, lungs, blood, gastrointestinal tract, rectum, female genital organs.
To prepare, you need a rhizome of grass: 1 tsp of crushed product pour boiling water. Let it brew for 40 minutes, strain. Drink 4 times a day before meals. The duration of treatment is 10 days, then take a break of several days and repeat the reception. It is necessary to conduct 3 courses.
Tip: for malignant tumors of the ovaries or uterus, douching or microclysters with a wormwood broth (200 ml) diluted with 1 liter of warm water is recommended.
There are restrictions on the use of
In addition to useful healing properties, there are contraindications to the use of the product:
- allergic reaction;
- pregnancy, breast-feeding;
- venous diseases;
- nervous disorders;
- stomach ulcer.
In connection self-medication is not recommended with this. Only a doctor will be able to correctly determine the required dose, duration of administration, as well as assess the possible risks of consumption.
Other areas of use
In addition to medical purposes, wormwood of this type is also used in other areas:
- Cooking. Young leaflets are recommended as a fragrant spicy seasoning for meat. Seed is added to cereals, flour, tea is brewed.
- Chemical production. The aerial part of the grass is used to create red cr a dye for coloring leather products, natural fabrics, rhizomes – lemon yellow, for dyeing wool, silk and leather items.
- Perfumery industry. Essential oil is used as a perfume in the manufacture of perfumes, toilet water, and cosmetics. They add it to some types of soap.
Due to its versatility, the grass is in special demand in various areas of life. For greater efficiency, it is advisable to collect it away from highways.
Annual wormwood has unique healing properties and an extensive spectrum of action. The main thing is not to forget about the possible negative consequences from improper use.