Cucumber variety The director is a parthenocarpic form of the hybrid, today it is considered a novelty created by Dutch breeders. This variety can be grown almost the whole year and in the early spring seasons and from summer to autumn.
- Characteristic of the variety
- Description of the plant
- Description of the fruit
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Seed growing method
- Seedling method of growing
- Rules for the care of seedlings
- Diseases and pests
Characteristic of the variety
Main feature varieties are propagation in bunches. s is located in the middle of the trunk and usually the minimum number of cucumbers on one bush is 8 pieces that ripen in a very fast time. The fruits appear a month after planting.
Cucumber variety Director is a crop species that It is famous for its stable fruiting and multiple fruits. The type is sun-loving, so it is important that the place of landing is sufficiently light and warm. This is a type that can be grown in warm climates and in slightly cool (temperatures should not be lower than 15 ° C). Cucumber Director F1 is often used for pickling, fruits are well suited for this function. In addition, they are easy to transport and stay fresh for a long time on the road. Productivity is equal to 310 kg / ha.If you use high agricultural technology, you can harvest a rich harvest.
Description of the plant
Hybrid cucumber Director is a class that has an attractive appearance. It has a parthenocarpic pollination method and ripens in the medium term. Bushes of small size, with a characteristic average ripeness, lateral shoots grow quickly. A female type of flowering is observed, bundle ovaries are actively forming.
The leaves are bright green in color, quite dense.
Description of the fruit
This plant has a characteristic taste , which many find excellent, so this variety is used for salads. On average, one fruit reaches 11-13 cm. Surface without various roughnesses, with a glossy structure. The shape of the fetus is cylindrical. Across the fruit, the length is 2-4 cm. Cucumbers are average in weight category, one can reach 82 g.
A lettuce variety is considered, first of all, due to the pulp: it is juicy, crispy, it does not feel any bitterness at all , seeds are present, but very small. All fruits on the plant will be of the same shape, size and color (the variety has a dark green hue). There is no white coating on the fruits.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber Director-f1 is distinguished by excellent taste, as well as high yield.But besides this, the variety has many other good characteristics:
- it’s easy to take care of the plant because it is large and not overgrown;
- the fruits are tasty;
- Zelentsy are popular in the market;
- fruiting is characterized by a long period;
- the variety is resistant to various diseases;
- not susceptible to the virus of yellowing of the vessels of the fetus;
- almost does not suffer from powdery mildew.
The big plus is the fact that cucumbers can be grown not only in open ground, but also in cold weather in greenhouses or various heat s.
Seed method of growing
Director in question planting is no different from most other varieties. So, their seeds can be sown in the ground along with others. Optionally, you can put already slightly swollen seeds in the ground, as well as those that have come out with greens. But you must remember an important rule: parthenocarpic and bee-pollinated plant species must be planted far from each other.
Plant cucumbers according to the formula – 50 * 50 cm. You need to plant the seed in the ground about 3 cm, but not higher. In one hole you have formed, you need to place 2 seeds at once. Later, bad seedlings will be rejected and the strong will supplant the weak.
If you want the seeds to germinate quickly, you need to understand what the temperature regime should be. For this variety, it is an average of 26 ° C. In the event that you are going to produce direct sowing of seedlings, you must adhere to the rule: the temperature of the earth should be at least 14 ° C.
Important: before cultivating the beds, they must be disinfected with a solution of potassium permanganate 0.05%. After this, the beds need to be dug up.
The greatest effect on the crop can be achieved from the variety of cucumbers, if you plant a plant in the ground, which used to grow early potatoes, any kind of cabbage or legumes, but not beans, which will not bring any benefits to the cucumbers.
Seedling method of growing
It is better to cultivate the Director-f1 variety not with seeds, but with ready-made seedlings. Then you will get a quality result from the work you have done.To get a rich harvest, you need to know the main stages of planting:
- the seed planting depth reaches a maximum of 2 cm;
- for seedlings, 8 by 8 cm cassettes are suitable;
- all cassette-type containers need to be filled with a soil mixture of vegetable crops and treated with Extrasol-55 with a composition of 0.2%;
- after the appearance of the first large leaves, it will be necessary to feed the roots, it is advisable to use such funds like Kemir Suite or Radifarm;
- before planting seedlings in the ground, treat the roots with Epin or Chi .
Seedlings should be planted only in a staggered way, while remembering to keep a distance of 30 cm between plants and 1 m between beds if planting occurs in open ground. As a result, you should get 1 square meter. m. 4 plants.
If the plants are planted in a closed area, then the scheme is 55 by 65 cm. Then you should get 1 square. m no more than 3 plants.
Rules for the care of seedlings
Hybrid Director is a variety that is characterized by the formation of large and high-quality fruits, but to maintain such characteristics, you must follow the standard measures for the care of bushes.
- The irrigation scheme will depend on what method of cultivation you use and what humidity of the territory in which you live.
- If the plant sprouts in greenhouses, then watering should be carried out on a regular basis and it should be only warm water. Keep an eye on the humidity of the soil, the earth should never dry out.
- Watering on the beds should be done much more often, especially if the climate is dry and on dry days. Experts recommend watering cucumbers closer to night, in the evening, and only with water that has warmed up in the sun.
- You should also regularly feed with known means: ammonium nitrate, superphosphate.
- After a month, carry out root dressing bush: diluted manure in warm water or bird droppings.
- All foliar supplements, experts recommend constantly after 2 weeks with complex solutions based on trace elements.
- You can start pinching after the first 8- mi leaf Cove on the bush. If the bush grows in a greenhouse or greenhouse, it is imperative to carry out the formation process.
Diseases and pests
This variety has strong immunity against many diseases due to its hybridity. The director will be able to repulse diseases such as powdery mildew, mosaic, and brown spotting.
According to experts, the Director cannot always cope with white mold and rot, more often this phenomenon manifests itself in greenhouse conditions.In this case, prophylaxis must be carried out before planting.
To prevent the fruits and the bush from getting sick, it is necessary to carry out preventive spraying using drugs:
- based on the fungicide Previkur;
- Abiga – peak;
- Copper oxychloride (it is especially popular among gardeners).
These drugs have recommended themselves, as active preventive agents that can not only protect the root system of the plant, but also significantly affect the fruits, making them hardy and attractive by saturating them with vitamins.
The price of cucumbers F1 can be different, everything will depend on the yield and method of cultivation, as gardeners have different types of seeds, which are then put up for sale. The description confirms that this plant is ideal for any gardener.