Eggplant Diamond of category F1 has a high yield, good transportability and long shelf life. We consider a detailed description of the variety in the article.
- Characteristic of the variety
- Description of the bush
- Description of the fruit
- Taste and use
- Growing process
- Seedling method
- Landing in open ground
- Pests and diseases
Eggplant variety Almaz was bred in Russia in early 1980. In 1983, it was accepted It is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation. Elita is engaged in seed supply. Ideal for cultivation in all regions of the country. In cool regions, planting should be carried out in greenhouse conditions. Due to the density of fruits and plants, harvesting can be done using mechanized equipment. p27>
Characteristics of the variety indicate that the vegetation period is only 120 days from the moment of the appearance of the first seedlings. Productivity is high: from 1 m2 you can collect about 10 kg of selected products.
Description of the bush
Consider the characteristics of the bush of this variety.
- eggplant bushes Diamond are compact, their maximum height is 50-60 cm;
- the branching is uniform, which allows an early harvest;
- the leaves are medium in size , saturated green color, with a matte surface;
- leaf shape is wide and oval;
- veins on purple leaves;
- petioles are purple in color, there are no thorns on them , which greatly simplifies the harvesting process.
Description of the fruit
Fruits are cylindrical in shape with a glossy surface. The length of an individual fetus can be from 10 to 19 cm, depending on the quality of care. Width can vary from 3 to 7 cm. For the period of technical maturity, the fruits are a pale purple hue. As soon as they reach biological maturity, they change color to saturated brown. The average weight of an individual fruit is 150-200 g. Productivity is high: about 1 kg of selected products can be collected from 1 m2.
The description indicates that the color of the pulp is green, with a slight cream tint. The fruit contains many seeds that are not suitable for planting.
Taste and use
The pulp is characterized by high density, which allows you to cook various dishes from this product. As such, taste is not observed. The only fact that should be noted is the absence of bitterness.
Diamond eggplants are universal in use: you can cook delicious fresh salads, which are often used during dietary meals, casseroles, vegetable stews or just bake the flesh of these vegetables in the oven, adding various protein products (eggs, cheese and etc.).
Eggplant varieties of Diamond can be transported over long distances. For this reason, this crop is grown for the purpose of further sale.
Proper agricultural technology is the key to a quality crop. Cultivation of this variety can be carried out in several ways. Each of them is suitable for a specific region.
In the central and southern regions, you can plant a crop by the seedling method. A warm climate helps protect plants from frost. In all other areas, it is recommended that seedlings be planted in order to protect the crop from diseases and pests.
This variety is planted in early March. There are several main stages of planting with seedlings.
- You need to prepare containers in which fertile soil is poured (loamy or chernozem).
- Now you need to plant the seeds directly.If you plant them in a common container, then you need to adhere to a distance of 7 cm. For better seed safety (from root damage or dryness), it is better to plant in separate glasses. The sowing depth is 1.2 cm.
- Planted seeds must be watered with warm water and cover the containers with foil. After 10 days, it can be removed. This is done so that the first seedlings appear much faster.
- Move the container with seeds into a warm room with a temperature of about 20-27 ° C. With the advent of the first shoots, the temperature is reduced to 13-18 ° C. This action is necessary to form a powerful root system.
- 2 weeks after planting, you need to feed the seeds with a solution of urea (20 mg per 2 liters of water).
- Planting in open ground is carried out after 30 -40 days after planting seeds. During this time, it must be formed and be prepared to move to a permanent place. You can only plant seedlings on which 2-3 pairs of leaves are formed.
- The place for planting should be well-lit and not shaded by other plants.
- Planting pattern 60×40 cm.
Planting in open ground
The first step is to prepare the seeds at home. To do this, the seeds must be soaked in warm water, literally for 20-30 minutes. Those that come up need to be thrown away, because they are not suitable for landing. The remaining planting material should be planted in warm soil, i.e., only soil that has warmed up to a temperature of 14-16 ° C is suitable. This is usually done in mid-May.
Seeds should be planted at a distance of 5-7 cm from each other. As soon as the first shoots appear, it is important to remove small seedlings, leaving only large. The seedlings should be located at a distance of 30 cm from each other.
Diamond eggplants are not demanding for care. You should normalize the watering schedule – you need to do this 1 time in 3 days, and only with warm water. Irrigation procedures are carried out in the morning or in the evening to reduce the risk of moisture evaporation under the influence of sunlight. After each watering, weed the area and remove weeds. This will get rid of the top crust on the soil, which can lead to root rot. Loosening allows you to make sure that the necessary amount of oxygen and nutrients gets into the root system.
Fertilizing is carried out in several stages.
- 3 weeks after planting in open ground. At this point, organic fertilizers should be preferred. The ideal option is to use urea (100 ml per 2 liters of water).
- 20 days after the first. 30 mg of superphosphate and 1000 ml of urea should be diluted in 10 l of water. About 2 liters of solution are poured into each bush. At the time of active seed germination, dilute 2 kg of mullein in 10 l of water and pour 1.5 l of solution into each plant.
It is important to form a bush correctly.For better growth and high yields, you need to leave only 3 stems. Due to the heavy and dense stem, each bush needs a garter to support.
Pests and diseases
Eggplant varieties of Diamond are resistant to phytoplasmosis, viral mosaic and vertex rot. Resistance to fusarium and late blight is noted. The only drawback of this variety is its susceptibility to pests.
Beetles and aphids are considered the most widespread enemies of Diamond. You can get rid of bugs by collecting them with your hands, or using chemical insecticides. Chlorophos (40 g per 10 l of water) should be used as chemical preparations. A similar solution is sprayed every 10 days. You can fight aphids with the help of the copper-containing preparation Oksikhom (50 ml per 10 l of water). It is used to spray at intervals of 7 days.
Eggplant varieties of Diamond are popular in the modern market.Many grow this crop for further sale, because it is not only high-yielding, but also not exposed to disease. early products can be transported over long distances, it is stored for several months without loss of marketability and taste.Elementary cultivation and minimal care allow even beginners to plant this culture.