Ural thick-walled pepper is a hybrid variety that has a thick pericarp. It has a sweet taste and resistance to changing weather conditions.
- Characteristic of the variety
- Description of the bush
- Description of the fruit
- Watering <
- Loosening <
- Mulching <
- Pests and diseases
Capsule vegetable crop of the Ural species – an early ripe variety with a high yield. One bush U A thick-walled Al vegetable f1 gives about 20 vegetables (5 to 8 kg).
Peppers are not recommended to be planted where solanaceous plants used to grow. Peppers are planted in open and closed ground during cool summers.
Sweet pepper Ural thick-walled f1 does not like transplants before landing in the ground. For planting, seedlings or seeds are used.
Vegetable is designed for cultivation in extreme, stressful conditions, is resistant to many pepper diseases and is characterized by versatility in cultivation. It has a long ripening period.
Hybrid seedlings are grown for 2 months. Suitable time for planting in open ground is mid-June; for greenhouses – May, after frosts.
Description of the bush
The bush of thick-walled pepper has medium height (up to 70 cm). After landing in the ground, it is tied up. The variety grows up with one stalk. On one bush there are about 7-10 wide elongated leaves.
This is an annual vegetable crop with single or group leaves in the form of a rosette. The flowers of the vegetable are large.
Bushes are planted behind the scheme 40 cm x 60 cm or 3 bushes per 1 square. m in closed ground.
Description of the fruit
According to the description, Ural thick-walled pepper has an early ripe fleshy sweet fruit f1. It has a prismatic shape. Weight approximately 250-400 g. Length reaches 18 cm.
The main characteristics of the fruit of the Ural vegetable:
- During ripeness, it is green in color, and in the stage of biological ripening acquires a rich dark red color.
- Vegetable thickness up to 1 cm.
- Juicy fruit with a sweet taste, without bitterness.
A large fruit is suitable for any use. It is consumed fresh, but more often used for cold salads. The fruits are good for canning or cooking lecho, tolerate freezing in the refrigerator compartment.
First you need to determine the place of planting. The vegetable culture of the thick-walled plant f1 grows in the garden, film greenhouses and in greenhouses.The plant’s resistance to ailments allows it to be grown in any soil.
Vegetable seeds germinate from 15 to 20 days. To speed up germination, it is recommended to use a mixture of water with aloe juice, soaking the seeds in it.
It is easy to take care of the plant. The main care is:
- plowing the land;
- good feeding.
Unpretentious variety and to sudden changes in temperature. To achieve a high level of productivity, he needs moist, warm and loose earth. Hybrid loves moisture, but it’s important not to overdo it with watering.
A solution for feeding birds droppings is an excellent fertilizer for the Uralsky variety. To do this, take a bucket of water and a small glass of litter (200-250 ml). Humus is also added to the soil, but just before planting.
A hybrid vegetable responds well to fertilizers with minerals. In the summer, fertilizing is added 3-5 times per season. The plant is fed with fertilizers with phosphorus or potassium before active flowering and fruiting. Nitrogen top dressing is used only in a dosed manner, increasing green mass.
For good yield, you need to maintain soil moisture. It is necessary to soak the soil to great depths in hot weather.
Thick-walled hybrid peppers are watered only during dry days, without overfilling it. In rainy weather, there is no need for additional watering.
Weeds must be removed all season. Loosening makes the soil rich in oxygen and promotes high-quality fruiting.
It is necessary to dig up the plant as necessary. To increase productivity, large vegetables are harvested even in the technical stage of ripeness.
Mulching is an ideal option for a vegetable crop of the Ural variety. Use fertile mulch. To do this, take humus and euthanize in a circle of a bush. Together with watering or rain, all the nutrients get to the root.
Mulching keeps moisture well and prevents the soil from becoming covered with a dry crust. Mulch makes the earth soft.
Pests and diseases
If the plant is poorly maintained, External impairments are possible. A weak plant is most exposed to pests.
The main ailments for a hybrid plant are:
- Phytoplasmosis (columnar). It appears from the top of the shoots. Leaves curl and dry. The transition to the whole plant is possible.
- late blight. Starting from the leaves, the bush of the vegetable crop acquires a brown color, with time it becomes covered with dark spots.
- Black leg. It affects seedlings and vegetable seeds. Its sign is a dark stem that rots and dries out.
- Fusarium. The disease is not treated – they dig a bush. The leaves turn yellow, the vessels in the stem become clogged.
- Verticilezis.Its signs are pale leaves, a decrease in the number of fruits, and deformation of peppers. It is also not treated, the bushes destroy.
- Spotted wilting. Leaves turn purple-bronze. In case of deterioration, the fruits fall with spots in the form of multi-colored rings.
Before using preventive methods, you need to carefully examine the bush or fruits. Recommended daily inspection for timely prevention. For the prevention or control of disease:
- use Topsin-M 0.2% and Fundazol, which prevent the development of fusariosis;
- treat the soil with a solution of vitriol (1 st. of copper sulfate is diluted in 10 l of water);
- with leaf mold, the bush is sprayed with fungicides “Barrier”, “Barrier”;
- against top rot of pepper for a season, calcite is added 3 times 3 times 3 or calcium nitrate.
Sometimes the leaves are sprayed with Vuksalom. Incurable bushes must be burned or thrown away to protect the rest of the crop. After removing infected plants, the remaining ones must be treated with Fitosporin.
Thick-walled Ural pepper has high yields. He is immune to most ailments. Its fruits are juicy and strong, therefore they tolerate transportation well.