Beijing cabbage is a vegetable with delicate light green leaves, which are collected in a loose oblong head. The heads are well stored and do not require special conditions. The composition and calorie content of Beijing cabbage will be considered in the article.
- Composition of the cabbage
- Calorie content of cabbage
- Useful properties
- For weight loss
- For digestion
- For a woman
Composition of cabbage
The Chinese began to grow cabbage. At home it is called Petsai or Chinese salad. It tastes like celery.
The main use of cabbage Peking is concentrated in the light fleshy part of the head of cabbage. It owes its juiciness to the fact that it consists of 95% water. Nutritional value of BZHU per 100 g of product is:
- Protein – 1.1 g;
- Fat – 0.3 g;
- Carbohydrate – 1.2 g;
- Fiber – 1.7 mg.
The calorie content of Beijing cabbage is negligible – only 16 kcal.In addition, the composition includes:
- Vitamins –A, C, E (tocopherol), K (phylloquinone), PP (nicotinic acid), choline, lycopene, B2 (riboflafin), B1 (thiamine ), B6 (pyridoxine), B5 and B9 (pantothenic and folic acid);
- Minerals – trace elements (salt of iron, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium), macrocells (potassium, sodium, iodine, fluorine, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus);
- Organic acids (citric);
- Amino acids – lysine, histidine, isoleucine, omega-3 and -6;
- Antioxidants – lutein, sulforaphane, isothiocyanate, indole-3-carbinol, zeaxanthin, carotene;
- Alkaloid and natural sugars.
Vitamin C in Beijing wonderful vegetables in 2 times more than the cabbage cousin and 5 times more than lettuce.
Calorie content of cabbage
KBJU table per 100 g of finished product:
It is not recommended to season salads with mayonnaise, since in 1 tbsp. L. This product contains 100 kcal. Such a dish ceases to be dietary. It is better to replace it with sour cream, which contains only 20 calories.
Tender cabbage leaves contain a record amount of nutrients for the body.
- Helps to combat nervous disorders and stress. The alkaloid lactucin, which is part of the chemical composition of the vegetable, is responsible for this. It also helps to normalize blood pressure and activate metabolism.
- Boosts the immune system and physical activity.
- Chinese cabbage is recommended for anemia. It promotes the formation of red blood cells in platelets, reduces the number of cholesterol plaques and displays the already accumulated.
- Indispensable for atherosclerosis.
- Protects the liver from toxic fatty deposits.
- Enriches the body with potassium, and, therefore, favorably affects the cardiovascular system, strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Lysine cleanses the blood and removes unnecessary proteins. Vitamin B9 helps restore brain function and develop memory.
- Beta-carotene helps maintain vision. Chinese cabbage is recommended for improving sleep, as well as normalizing blood sugar levels.
For weight loss
Due to the low calorie content of fresh Chinese cabbage, it is widely used by the beautiful half of humanity.
Nutritionists strongly recommend using it to overweight people. It is included in the diet of most diets.
When dieting, it is recommended to eat salads from cabbage and lean meats (turkey, beef, chicken) no more than 400 grams per day. You can lose about 4 kilograms per week.
A Beijing guest is usually consumed raw, but the use of heat treatment will not harm her merit. The prepared dishes are not only tasty, but also light. Losing weight you need to know the calorie content of Beijing cabbage in 100 grams of dishes prepared in various ways.
Fiber gently envelops the walls of the stomach and helps to improve the functioning of the digestive tract. Rare vitamin U promotes the healing of duodenal ulcers and stomach.
Cabbage restores intestinal microflora and blocks the growth of harmful bacteria. Improves metabolism, regulates stool, removes toxins from the body.
For a woman
Helps preserve the beauty and youth of the skin. The most important chemical element in a vegetable for a woman’s health is indole, which turns estradiol into a less dangerous form of the hormone estrogen. This reduces the risk of developing oncology of the breast and prostate gland.
Thanks to the rich vitamin-mineral complex, it is recommended for pregnant women.A huge complex of minerals favorably affects the work of the kidneys, as it removes excess fluid from the body and eliminates swelling.
Beijing cabbage can be harmful.Due to the high content of citric acid should be used with caution in people with high levels of acidity. This can lead to acid-base imbalance, exacerbation of ulcers, pancreatitis, gastritis, colitis. Salt added to a dish from Beijing cabbage blocks the action of sulfur and chlorine, which help cleanse the intestines and can lead to internal bleeding of the stomach. indigestion.
A healthy adult is recommended to eat no more than 150 g per day. Nursing mothers should refrain from eating Chinese vegetables in the first two months after giving birth. Infants can be introduced into the diet in small portions, gradually increasing to 100 g.