“Onions are good both in battle and in cabbage soup” – which dishes do not make of it! It is also used in cosmetology, in the fight against domestic pests such as cockroaches and ants. And also its juice helps if there are not enough tears to beg a fur coat from a spouse. The trouble is that the vegetable is not as unpretentious as it seems: good soil, good care and nutritious fertilizers for onions are needed for growth. Without dressing, the bulbs will grow small.
How to grow a good cropEven the most fertile soil, rich in useful elements, will be depleted over time, but for the growth and development of onions (and any other) onions in -hand turn, need good soil. To solve this problem, you need to make fertilizer for onions in the garden. The catch is that without knowledge and experience it is easy to accidentally harm plants: excess bait, as well as improper use of it, can destroy an innocent vegetable. Nevertheless, properly used fertilizers will allow the onion to grow large and strengthen its immunity against diseases and pests. Cultivation, in addition to fertilizers for onions, includes other requirements. It is useful to know how to fertilize onions better, however, if other factors are not observed in caring for vegetables, they will not be able to grow.
- It is better to plant a garden on a loose piece of land, preferably in a well-lit area.The sun is an important element in the cultivation of almost all garden crops, including onions of different species. Soil composition is vital. The culture does not like acidic soils: it develops poorly and easily gets sick on them.
- Moderate watering is a necessary procedure, especially when the feather grows, but in June-July it is time to reduce watering, and when it is time to harvest, abundant soil moisture is no longer so beneficial. Overmoistening leads to a delay in ripening and, in the worst case, to rotting of the roots. High humidity leads to a reduction in onion storage time. For the same reason, you can’t plant plants in the area where groundwater lies near the surface: in such places the soil is too wet.
- Like many other crops, onions refuse to grow next to weeds. You need to regularly weed the garden.
- You can’t grow a vegetable every year on the same plot of land - there is a good reason why this should not be done. Firstly, the earth is depleted for those substances that are needed for plant growth. The second reason is the illnesses left to the followers by the onions that grew here last season. It is better to choose places where potatoes or cabbage used to grow, but in no case where carrots or garlic were grown.
- Before planting the seeds, you need to prepare it. Unlike seedlings and seeds, seeds are more unpretentious.
- Growing is possible in different ways and for different purposes: it depends on how to fertilize onions.Let's say fertilizer for onions on turnip differs from top dressing a plant bred for greens.
Preparing for plantingSince top dressing is so important, then what to fertilize bow on landing? Mineral fertilizers are needed, and still plants need to be fed with organic substances. It is necessary to apply top dressing at least 3 times. In order for the culture to grow better, it is worth preparing the soil long before planting, back in the fall. How to do this?
- Since vegetables do not like acidic soil, lime must be added in the fall.
- Manure is brought into the ground mixed with peat and a small amount of ash. Another option at will: a complex potassium-phosphorus fertilizer.
A variety of fertilizersThe bait is saturated with various useful minerals, but what Do you need fertilizers for onions?
- Organic saturate the soil, facilitate the assimilation of other types of fertilizers.
- Nitrogen-rich fertilizers are needed for onions to make their feather grow more actively. The lack of this substance entails weakening of plants, a delay in development, which ultimately affects the richness of the crop. Nitrogen fertilizers are primarily represented by chicken droppings.Urea is also suitable, and you can also feed the earth with nitrate;
- Potassium strengthens the plant, allowing it to withstand the drought test. Ash and some mineral additives contain potassium, summer residents often use potassium salt;
- Superphosphate is a complex fertilizer that includes various substances, including phosphate, necessary for the growth and development of onions. Superphosphate is an excellent fertilizer for onions, which increases the immunity of the plant.
- Feeding is most conveniently carried out with purchased complex mixtures. Such fertilizers for the growth of onions differ in a balanced composition. Let's say Agricola-2 fertilizers are good for onions and garlic or Reflex.
- You can feed future products with yeast: this is an excellent tool for preparing the soil for planting. Summer residents do not use undiluted yeast: they are first bred in warm water.
Feeding schemeIt’s not enough to know how to fertilize onions, you still need to know how to do it. Fertilizing is recommended in the evening. Dry mineral fertilizers for onions are either sprinkled on the ground shortly before rain, or they are diluted with water and carefully begin to make the resulting solution under the root. The main thing is not to accidentally water the feather. Complex dressing is applied according to the same principles. Organic and mineral fertilizers for onions are applied at 3 stages of plant growth. At different stages, feeding should be with different substances.Do not forget to fertilize onions in the spring, before planting, and even better - in the fall. The following are the rules for feeding and fertilizing onions:
- For the first time, feeding begins 14 days after planting. The feather should grow up to 9 cm long. During this period, nitrogen fertilizers are applied. Urea in this role is especially good, as it is safe for young vegetation and is quickly absorbed. Urea is also useful for other plants in the garden.
- The second time fertilizer is applied 2-3 weeks after the first. It is necessary to feed him mainly with phosphorus and potassium. You can add a little nitrogen. For this stage, summer residents buy "Agricole No. 2". After 7 days, for prevention, it is better to spray. The tool can be made by yourself: a little copper sulfate on a spoon of soap and a bucket of water.
- The third time they start feeding, when the onion forms a head. This time they use preparations with a large amount of phosphorus and potassium.
These signs may indicate diseases and pests, in any case it is worth being wary. Good growth and a plentiful harvest please only with a balance of nutrients. Excess of them is also harmful, as well as disadvantage. Nitrogen favors the growth of greenery. If there is too much nitrogen, the vegetables will grow good and lush greens, but they will not have the energy to form large bulbs.You can do without 1 feeding if you can see that the plant feels great, greenery grows well on it and the onion itself is green, not pale. The third top dressing is also not always needed, it is carried out only when the soil lacks nutrients.
Care for different speciesOnions are the most famous type, its head is used in culinary and traditional medicine. However, other types of useful plants are also included in the vast family: shallots, leeks, and decorative varieties. Growing onions on a feather occurs differently than on a turnip. When talking on a feather, it is assumed that vegetables are grown on greens, not on the head. Chives contain many healthy substances. In the spring, when the immunity of the human body is too weak, the vegetable becomes a real salvation. Fertilizing onions on turnips should be balanced, and the amount of nitrogen in the dressings is gradually reduced. In order for only greens to grow, on the contrary, you need more nitrogen fertilizing. Ammonium nitrate is fed into the first stage.A small amount of other elements are added to the following, for example, good wood ash.
- Leek. Leek does not look like its counterparts, but this does not mean that it does not need abundant fertilizing of onions with organic fertilizers, alternating with mineral ones. The first is done 2-3 weeks after planting with ammonium nitrate and potassium salt. When the time of hilling comes, wood ash will go into business.
- Shallot. The first time you need to fertilize shallots with the growth of three leaves. To do this, preliminarily prepare an infusion of weeds, add potassium and carbamine to 10 liters of water. Urea is an alternative to carbamine. For the second time, shallots are bestowed with potassium and phosphorus.
- Decorative onion. Grow his beauty for the sake of. Growing and fertilizing for a beautiful onion must be correct, only then will the plant become truly beautiful. For the "flower" you need a lot of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, so it is abundantly fed with ammonium nitrate, superphosphate and potassium. Some summer residents add the mentioned dressings and fertilizers for wintering onions in the early spring. You can’t make a hole with a decorative bow next to the garden where its edible brothers grow, otherwise they will get too “close” and as a result an unusable hybrid will grow.
Growing at homeFresh green onions grown on the windowsill are much better than purchased, despite the fact that sevok requires no more care than flowers.It is enough to take the sowing, prepare it for planting, plant it in a container with soil or substrate. On a feather, vegetables grow twenty-one days. For the house, you can take not even a sowing, but the most ordinary bulb. There are several ways to grow a "home" garden:
- Growing on water. For this, the roots need to be lowered a little into the water and wait. Water should be changed once a day, after the roots are strengthened - once a week. Minus: few useful vitamins will be in such a vegetable. They get rid of the lack by using fertilizers for onions during such a landing. You need to buy liquid fertilizers for hydroponics.
- Flower pots on the windowsill. If you feel sorry for the pots, it is permissible to take a cut piece of a plastic bottle, arrange pebble drainage in it and pour soil on top. Organic fertilizers should be used, but you need to measure their dose.
The success of growing garden crops depends on fertilizer, you can not neglect it, so the sevka can turn into a large bulb or please a rich, juicy erom.