Green pepper is a type of bell pepper, it is specially harvested until it has time to turn orange, yellow or red. The vegetable came to Europe quite by accident, America is considered its homeland. Today we will find out what the peculiarity of the variety is: its composition, useful and harmful properties.
- Nutritional value of pepper
- Application <
- Composition of pepper
- Capsicin in green pepper
- Useful properties
- Cancer Prevention
- The harm of green pepper
- How to save vitamins
- How to choose peppers
The nutritional value of pepper
Often, green bell pepper becomes the main ingredient in diets for weight loss. The fact that the vegetable is endowed with low calorie content, which allows you to eat it in large quantities, without fear of gaining weight. 100 grams of pepper contains about 40 calories.
It is due to the low calorie content of sweet green pepper can you put your weight in order for a fairly short period of time and lose a few kg, isn’t it a miracle?
Indicators of fetal BJU (per 100 grams):
- Carbohydrates – 7 g
- Protein – 1.5 g
- Fats –0.2 g
green peppers are added to salads, meat and vegetable dishes, he add specific fresh taste to any dish, whether it’s stew, lecho, some sauce, pasta or stew.
Everyone knows about the benefits of vegetables, as they contain a lot of vitamins.
green pepper is a champion among vegetables in the content of vitamin C, it was surpassed only by red currants and rose hips. It should be said about vitamin P, which is also present in its composition. The maximum concentration of this vitamin is contained closer to the stem, so do not completely remove it.
This composition has a beneficial effect on the condition of the heart, benefiting the entire circulatory system. Regular consumption of pepper will make the vessels more elastic by clearing them of plaques.
Doctors say that the presence of yellow or green sweet pepper in your diet will help reduce the risk of stroke by 48%.
Vegetables are also rich in vitamin A of the group A; in this indicator, it even surpasses carrots. If you want to have beautiful skin, prevent the formation of early wrinkles, and not lose sight with age, you should definitely include pepper in your diet.
There are also B vitamins in the vegetable, which beneficially affect the state of the nervous system, increase mood , normalize sleep.
- Potassium – is vital for the normal functioning of the heart muscle.
- Iron has a beneficial effect on blood circulation.
- Silicon – is responsible for the beauty of the skin and hair.
- Iodine – has a positive effect on mental activity.
Capsoicin in green pepper
It should be said that green pepper is a direct relative of capsicum and pepper, as well as such varieties as chili peppers. All three varieties have a unique component in their composition, which is called capsoicin, it is he who gives the fruit a characteristic taste. You can be sure that you do not spoil the taste of the dish with pepper, because capsoicin is found in large quantities only in seeds.
The pepper itself also contains this useful substance that favorably affects the appetite, improving the entire digestion process. For this reason, a green vegetable is often used to prepare snacks to wake up an appetite for the main course.
Green pepper can be useful in the following cases:
- Regular consumption of pepper this variety will be useful for hair loss, especially true for allopecia in men;
- Due to the fact that Bulgarian green pepper does not contain starch, it is recommended to eat it for people with sugar diabetes, also applies to the red pepper;
- It is recommended to include in the menu for pregnant women, as well as pairs at the stage of planning a child.The fact is that the composition of the vegetable will be able to fill the deficiency of such trace elements as iron, calcium and potassium, which the expectant mother so needs;
- Pepper contains betacarotene, which has a very positive effect on visual acuity
- Improves digestion
- It is worthwhile to include pepper in the menu if you have problems with pressure, namely, suffer from hypertension
- Improves the state of immunity. With it, you can get rid of diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract and even get rid of asthma attacks
- It can also be used externally, for example, making lotions and ointments on its basis for the treatment of neuralgia and radiculitis
- If you are engaged in mental work, it is worth eating green bell pepper, it can be used to improve memory and attention
- Red and green peppers are often a component of cosmetic products, because they have whitening properties for the skin, and also strengthens hair. Some people use freestanding masks to get rid of freckles and simply improve their skin condition.
Scientists from Italy came to the conclusion that Bulgarian pepper has in its chemical composition substances that prevent the formation of cancer. The most effective in the fight against cancer of the mammary glands.
Of course, to cure cancer that has already developed, but its presence in the diet will be a good prevention.Enough to eat only 1 pepper per day, this will be enough to protect yourself from an insidious disease.
Harm of green pepper
Even a healthy product like sweet green pepper has a list of contraindications that should cause refusal of its consumption. These include:
- Gastric ulcer
- Diseases of the liver
- Kidney Diseases
How to Preserve Vitamins
We all know how difficult it is to preserve all vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables. Shelf life of green pepper in the refrigerator for about 7 days. To increase its lifespan, you can marinate the pepper. In this case, it is possible to save about 70% of all vitamins and minerals. However, people with heart diseases need to be careful here, since marinade and pickles contain a high salt content, which can provoke an increase in blood pressure.
You can also freeze a vegetable, with this method you can save about 100% of useful substances . To do this, wash the vegetable and remove the seeds and tail.
It is forbidden to re-freeze peppers so as not to destroy the remaining vitamins. For convenience, you can decompose the pepper portionwise in small packets to defrost the desired amount.
How to choose a pepper
If you buy a green pepper, you need to pay attention to how it looks. The fruit should be dense and resilient, its skin should be smooth and not have any damage. Pay attention to the tail, it must be green and not dry.
Remember that the maturity of the fetus can be determined not only by size, but also by color. The darker the color of the vegetable, the more mature it is, moreover, the vegetable turns red a little as it ripens.
Maturity directly affects gustatory quality – an unripe vegetable will be more bitter and may be slightly tart. If you bought an unripe vegetable, put it on a window sill for ripening, after 2-3 days the fruit will ripen.
Now you know what the benefits and harms of green sweet pepper are We detail dismantled its chemical composition and resulted in a list contained vitamins, be sure to include it in the menu and be healthy.