Ficus cultivation at home is common among many home flower lovers. The popularity of the plant lies in its pickiness, as well as its attractive appearance. However, in order to grow the flower correctly, you need to know how to transplant ficus. It is important to pay attention not only to the procedure itself, but also to the moment when you can perform it. So, is it possible to transplant home ficus in the winter and how to do it correctly in general?
Cuttings and the propagation process with their help
Semi-lignified cuttings are a wonderful way to propagate in a home in the warm spring five seedlings and root. When propagating cuttings must reach lengths of 15 cm, drawing cut obliquely with deviation of half a centimeter of the node. The sheet must be cut off completely. To perform manipulations necessary to use a garden knife, which will not be expensive. Each plant, injured under any conditions, emits juice, which protects the wound and worsens the rooting process, because as soon as the cut is finished, the cuttings must be immersed in liquid.
Soil and water are suitable for working with cuttings. In the second case, an opaque pot is selected so that green algae do not develop. Rooting takes about 30 days, after the end of the process, the cuttings must be transplanted into separate pots.If soil for transplanting ficus is used for rooting, then it is necessary to withstand the cuttings in water for a couple of hours in order to completely eliminate the juice. After they are dried and planted in a sand-peat mixture with vermiculite.
The earth should be disinfected with water vapor. The soil when deepening the cuttings reaches the next node after the cut. You can also use a mini greenhouse or a special terrarium with the desired temperature. The appearance of new leaves will tell you when the ficus can be transplanted.
Features of flower care
After buying a ficus, it’s not hard to notice that the plant is unpretentious and therefore it’s pretty easy to take care of him. It will be necessary to remember only 5 rules:
- The pot is located in a place that is lit by the sun, but excessive brightness cannot be allowed. When the flower is in the shade, you can notice how the number of leaves decreases. After the purchase, you need to put the ficus on the window facing east or west. It is important to remember that the flower cannot stand under the drafts.
- Care and watering should be carried out regularly. The largest amount of fluid requires ficus from the beginning of spring to the end of summer, and the smallest – in the autumn. All water should be infused for about 13 hours. To determine that the earth is dry and the plant needs water, just look at the yellowed leaves.If the soil is oversaturated with moisture, the leaves may begin to fall and turn yellow.
- The temperature for flower development should reach 25 ° C in the summer and 15 ° C in the winter. Indoor heat is ideal for wintering plants.
- It is important to feed ficus with liquid mineral top dressing in spring and summer every 14 days. Trim it to stop growth and form branching 2-3 years after the previous manipulations, when the flower reaches the optimum height.
- The soil may be a mixture of humus, drainage and sand, or the ratio of peat, sand, leaf and turf land.
Transplantation, even if it is the first, as it turned out, is a fairly simple procedure, which is easy to handle. In order to properly transplant a plant such as ficus, it is necessary to listen to the basic instructions of professionals and provide the flower with proper care after purchase.