In almost every apartment you can see potted flowers. Most are grown for decorative purposes, but there are plants that can boast not only an attractive appearance. The article tells what the benefits and harms of ficus are – a popular tenant of our homes. So, is ficus harmful to humans or not?
- Plant Features
- The benefits of homemade ficus for people
- What other properties does
- harm and contraindications
A ficus belonging to the mulberry family, a native of hot countries, an evergreen plant with more than 1000 species of shrubs, trees and creeper, noteworthy in that it secrete milky juice. But it is a key component that determines the harm of domestic tricks and their benefits.
Everyone knows the mulberry and figs also belong to the representatives of this plant. Among domestic species (no more than 1.4-2 m high), ficus is most common Benjamin (elegant, patterned, with small leaves) rubbery (powerful, large-leaved), Benedict, Bengali, lyre-shaped, dwarf. Differing in size, color of leaves and shape, they require different care. But all species are characterized by warmth and photophilia, intolerance to drafts, getting used to a permanent place.
In summer it is advisable to move the flower to a balcony or garden, while remembering to protect from direct sunlight.Watering ficus in the cold season is required once every 10 days, in the summer – much more often; the leaves are wiped daily, the air in the room where the plant is standing must be very well moistened: fresh air is important for the flower. In spring and summer, the soil is fed with special fertilizers. It is recommended to transplant a young ficus every April, an adult – every 2-3 years. Reproduction occurs by cuttings and seeds. Should be careful! Rotting roots and stains on leaves are signs of a plant’s disease. Among other things, one must be wary of pests.
The benefits of home ficus for people
This flower is not just a part of the interior; gardeners can tell a lot of interesting things about its merits. Let’s get acquainted with the main ones:
- Purification of the air in the apartment, its saturation with oxygen, the processing of harmful substances into amino acids.
- Healing property in the treatment of oncology, diseases of the joints, back, female ailments, hematomas: a decoction is prepared from the leaves and, depending on the type of problem, it is applied to sore spots or taken internally. The rubbery variety of the plant has the most healing properties in relation to human health.
- Frozen juice from it is useful as a raw material in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- This is an excellent basis for alcoholic drugs that treat diseases of the oral cavity and toothaches by rinsing.
- According to popular beliefs, ficus is a powerful energy protection of the house from evil forces (according to popular beliefs).
Before external and internal use, you should always consult a doctor. To prepare a decoction of ficus juice, 3 sheets are scrolled through a meat grinder and squeezed juice through cheesecloth. To prepare the tincture, pour the frayed leaves with a glass of vodka and insist 2 weeks in a dark cool place. After straining, add egg yolk and 1 tbsp. l honey. Keep such a tincture in the refrigerator for no longer than 3 weeks.
What other properties does
have In case of diseases of the female reproductive system, traditional medicine advises taking a tincture of 1 tsp . per day, regardless of food for seven days, after half a month can be repeated. With fibroma, raw ficus juice is useful. Frozen juice or crushed ficus leaves are used to treat bruises and mechanical damage. A leaf with ground gruel is applied to the boil, then a dressing is done. The next day, pus comes out of it.
The usefulness of a flower is determined by everything else by its type. As mentioned above, the largest value in folk medicine is the large leaves of rubber ficus.
As for esoterics, it all depends on what you yourself believe in. There is an opinion that it is necessary to acquire ficus exclusively on the growing moon, and it is necessary to give the donor something in return.A flower received free of charge will bring the new owner only trouble in the house. So thank the one who gives you the flower, at least symbolically.
It is also said that ficus helps childless couples. If you put it near the place where money or food is stored in the house, the family will be provided with prosperity.It is interesting that in Asian countries it is revered for the sacred and grown everywhere. To receive such a flower or a thing with its image as a gift is a sign of great respect and a wish for success in business and personal life, as the ficus transfers its energy to the person to whom it is given.
When the owner starts such a flower in the house, self responsibility for him, for his safe existence in the home. With proper care, the ficus will benefit the owners and delight in their appearance.
Harm and contraindications
There are certain restrictions, because of which not every owner can allow his apartment is ficus. What are its features that are harmful to humans, damage their health?
- Strong allergen. In the list of the most common pathogens of an allergic reaction, ficus occupies the top places along with cat hair and ticks. If asthmatics are present in the family, this plant is forbidden to start.
- Ficus juice, falling on open wounds, can cause skin irritation. If there are pets in the apartment, you should not let them feast on ficus leaves: the animal can earn poisoning.
Before you get this plant at home, make sure that no family members no intolerance. Precautionary measures should not be neglected, otherwise the damage from indoor ficus to health will be significant.
In general, we can say that this plant is a great option for a small apartment: unpretentious, pretty and possessing a lot of useful properties. The harm to the ficus is also understandable, and if there are no such threats, there will always be a place for it in the house.