Breeding any kind of animals, you must learn all about them. For example, if we are talking about rabbits (and these are some of the most popular pets), then the main reason for their popularity is friendliness and ease of breeding. Suppose there are more than 150 species in the world, there are general and very interesting facts. So, the most interesting thing about rabbits in this article.
- Personal hygiene
- Unusual abilities
- Rabbits and hares
- Surprise and only
- What else is interesting
The animals are extremely clean, which is manifested in daily washing procedures. They do this at least 5 times a day and do not require additional bathing.
Sometimes there is an unpleasant smell from rabbits. This indicates that it is necessary to clean the paraanal glands, where excess secretions accumulate over time.The owner should simply moisten them with boiled water and carefully, but gently wipe with a cloth.
But the hygiene products created for other pets ( cats and dogs), which include flea shampoos, are extremely dangerous for rabbits because of their toxicity.
Under the supervision of humans, pussies live much longer than in their natural habitat. On average, this figure is from 8 to 10 years. There are individuals who live up to 15 years. And the animal who lived 19 years old set a record!
Rabbits are very jumping and easily overcome a height of 1 m, and the longest recorded jump is 3-meter .
Individual breeds reach puberty at 3 months of age.
Babies are born with eyes closed and devoid of fur. The most fragile organ is the spine, which makes the owner be extremely attentive and cautious with the pet.
There is a record that recorded the simultaneous birth of 24 rabbits at once.
Interesting facts about rabbits they say that only the cushions on the hind limbs sweat in the eared and nothing else, and even if the front legs have 5 fingers, then the hind legs have 4 fingers.
Rabbits and hares
The stereotype that a hare and a rabbit are practically the same thing has no foundation. In fact, the wild West European rabbit became the ancestor of domestic breeds.
Officially, animals belong to the family of the hare-like, but differ in their manner of living in groups, rather than alone. Hares even run faster: their speed approaches 75 km / h , while the rabbit run reaches a speed of only 56 km / h.
Surprise and only
We will consider interesting facts about domestic rabbits in more detail below.
- It has also been proved that ears are smart and resourceful animals. This is manifested in the ability to open the deadbolt on the cell and in how they begin to make noise, hinting at hunger.
- The heart muscle contraction rate is from 130 to 325 beats per minute, it can simply stop from fear.
- The good-natured and affection of rabbits bribes and extends not only to the owners, but also to others pets. Experts recommend starting at least 2 animals at a time.
- Everyone knows that they are herbivores, but prefer to eat in the dark, and when they feel threatened, they become very aggressive.
- they are higher than in humans, normally – 38-39 ° С.
- The health of furry pets depends on the purity in the cells and the availability of drinking water, which they need to be provided daily. If the diet is enriched with vegetables, then the need for water is reduced, but the water in the cells must be constant.
- The teeth of the eared grow throughout life. When they rattle, the rabbits make purring sounds.
- Different species have different ear lengths, but officially the longest were 75 cm. Each ear turns independently.
What else is of interest
The maximum possible weight is 25 kg, and the smallest of the registered is 450 g. Domestic animals not adapted to the conditions of the wild will die without the usual care, so make sure that they do not could run away.
Rabbits have a great appetite and can eat at a time a volume of grass equal in size m large pillow.For the normal development of the skeletal system, fluffy animals need vitamin D. But they do not suffer from the fact that they rarely go to the sun, as nature took care of its production in the animal’s body. It is concentrated on the ears. That is why after washing, rabbits lick their paws.
They are smart and respond to their name, and when they see the owner, they rise to their hind legs. The view of the animal is 360 ° С, and rotational head movements are a way to estimate the distance. It’s risky to drive an animal into a corner, because for protection it will certainly use its main weapon with a powerful blow with its hind legs.
If for Europe the rabbit is the third most popular in the ranking of pets, then Australia suffers from their invasion and, at least somehow stop their spread throughout the territory, builds special fences in places of mass congestion of rabbits. Another measure of protection against them was the ban on breeding and keeping.
Females have an interesting ability to carry two offspring from different males at once. All thanks to the specific structure of the reproductive organ of uterine bifurcation.
Interesting facts about domestic rabbits are numerous and varied. Every day there are more and more organizations that inform people about cute animals.But, despite their touching appearance and affectionate disposition, there are still those who treat them cruelly and do not provide appropriate care. But the animals have low needs and, in order to breed them, it will not take much time and energy.
These cute creatures seek contact with people and need warmth and affection. By taking care, you can get a true friend in return.