To increase the yield when growing vegetables in the garden in the open ground and in the greenhouse, not only everyone knows the chemical preparations. Among the folk remedies there are many that can increase the home crop, and one of them is iodine for tomatoes.
- The effect of iodine feeding
- Timing for iodine top dressing
- Recipe for top dressing
- Order of iodine top dressing
The effect of iodine nutrition
A lack of iodine for a tomato in the process of developing a vegetable crop adversely affects its future crop, especially in regions where climatic conditions do not allow tomato seedlings to semi a lot of sunlight. Insufficient illumination in the greenhouse also adversely affects productivity. Iodine solutions can have a beneficial effect on plant growth, from the stage of tomato seedlings to the ripening of vegetables.
Fertilizing tomatoes with iodine and made Based on it, iodine solutions lead to undoubted advantages:
- overall improvement in the condition of tomato bushes,
- hardening the stems and active growth of foliage in tomatoes,
- shortening the term ripening tomatoes,
- increase about oschey in size.
In addition to these useful properties in agricultural technology for growing vegetables in open ground and in a greenhouse, the spraying of tomato bushes with iodine and solutions made on its basis protects against pathogenic microbes, fungal diseases and pests. To feed and fertilize the root part with iodine for treatment, reviews of gardeners who practice iodine for tomatoes in a greenhouse and in an open garden are advised already at the stage of growing tomato seedlings.
As tomato lovers note, many varieties in the process of fertilizing with iodine and the solutions made on its basis, they accumulate a large amount of vitamin C useful for us with iodine in ripened tomatoes, while simultaneously increasing their taste.
Timing for iodine top dressing
How it has already been noted in experienced og springs fertilizing tomatoes iodine and prepared on the basis of its solutions starts at the beginning of the cultivation of tomato seedlings, which will undoubtedly help to grow and further develop properly vegetables. When carrying out fertilizer for tomato seedlings, the vegetable crop gains strength sufficient for successful subsequent transplantation into open ground or into a closed greenhouse.
Iodine for tomatoes as fertilizer for seedlings and bushes can be used and watered several times in one season as needed. The deadline for this is the end of summer. Feeding iodine for tomatoes ends by mid-August.
After the initial replenishment of tomato seedlings, fertilizer with iodine top dressing occurs a second time after two weeks from the moment the tomato seedlings are transplanted into the open ground or closed greenhouse. Re-feeding tomatoes with iodine is important for the formation of increased environmental resistance of the plant, helping to take root after transplanting.
Topping tomato iodine is used in the form of solutions prepared on its basis, based on – water. Sometimes gardeners add additional components to such solutions. To prepare the bait, it’s like regular iodine sold at drugstores.
In order to avoid iodine burning of tomato bushes, it is necessary to observe the proportions and norms specified in the instructions on how to water tomatoes with iodine.
The required standard and the necessary recipe for the preparation and use of iodine-based solutions depends on the purpose of feeding:
- when iodine is fertilized with tomato seedlings, a solution based on water is prepared, from the proportion 3 l 1 pipette drop,
- when feeding only planted tomato bushes 3 pipette drops of iodine are dissolved in a 10-liter bucket of water,
- for irrigation of the root and foliar systems planted in open ground or a greenhouse of tomato plants in a bucket of water requires about 4 – 5 pipette drops of iodine,
- when feeding adult tomato bushes for serum on a ten-liter bucket, about 20 pipette drops of iodine will be needed,
- when fed at the stage of tomato ripening, they make a concentrated solution with ash infused in water for an hour in a ratio of 5 to 3, mixed with boric acid (10g) and iodine (10ml), a liter of such a concentrate is diluted in a 10-liter bucket of water,
- in the fight against plant diseases, including late blight, you will need a liter of serum, a large spoon of hydrogen peroxide, 40 drops of iodine and a ten-liter bucket of water.
Also, iodine bait against late blight can be mixed with potassium permanganate, but in the presence of late blight, they do not use tomato fertilizer with brilliant green.
The order of iodine bait
The effectiveness of processing by bait or spraying tomato bushes with the prepared iodine solution is determined by each gardener independently, based on the size of the plot or greenhouse. The recommendations made by experienced gardeners practicing fertilizing tomatoes with iodine when growing them will allow you to choose the most suitable option for watering and fertilizing the crop:
- at the stage of growing tomato seedlings of iodine bait, one will be enough, this is enough for the tomatoes iodine was used as a source of strength for subsequent transplantation of vegetable crops in open ground or in a closed greenhouse,
- after the transplant, the norm for watering tomato seedlings is at least a liter per 1 tomato bush ,
- subsequent watering that has taken root in the open ground and in the greenhouse of tomato bushes requires at least 2 liters per 1 unit, such watering, the same amount for both the open area and the greenhouse, one per week is enough,
- once – twice in one garden season they feed the adult bushes of tomatoes with serum, which improves the ripening of vegetables and destroys pests and pathogenic microbes, this is done by watering directly under the root or in the furrow beds.
Iodine bait for feeding on the midors prescribed in the fight against tomato diseases, including phytophthora, are intended for the spray treatment method.She can also not only spray, but also water the foliar and root systems of the bushes. Many people use the water-soluble pharmaiod complex as a finished product. It is required to spray the entire foliage, while it is worth spraying on both sides of the foliage. In some cases, gardeners prefer to replace whey with plain milk with low fat content. To prepare a solution based on milk, you need 250g, 1 liter of water and a few drops of iodine. Spraying is done with an interval of two weeks. Such folk remedies can be sprayed with tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini and other vegetable crops and plants.
Some experienced gardeners resort to spraying with iodine solution (3-4 pipette drops to 8 liters of water) of tomatoes and cucumbers before the ovaries appear, in a hurry to process the foliar part after the seedling growing stage, doing this procedure with a two-week interval. how to do it right, why, how much and when to water it is possible to look at the numerous videos of experienced summer residents who will tell you about the intricacies of one bait.