Red apples improve metabolism, help cleanse the body of toxins.Vitamins and trace elements have a more accessible formula – the percentage of their absorption They are much higher than their pharmacy counterparts. In order to use the fruits properly, you should learn more about their characteristics containing large doses of pectin.
- Useful properties
- Overview of early-growing varieties
- The most productive varieties
- The most winter-hardy varieties
- Disease-resistant varieties and pests
Scarlet and burgundy shades on the peel of apples indicate the presence of anthocyanins, which are responsible for the normal function of immunity, high resistance to pathogens.
Natural pigment provides protection against ionizing radiation causing cancer.
The presence of all water-soluble B vitamins strengthens the nervous system, and fat Orim A, β-carotene, E prolong youth and maintain the skin’s ability to regenerate.
Red apple varieties are distinguished from the green and yellow. Basically, this is due to the fact that they have more carbohydrates, so it is undesirable to eat fruits in the evening hours, otherwise nutrition will affect body weight.
The abundance of nutrients does not preclude the possibility of harming the excessive use of sweet treats.
Who should limit the daily portion of bright red apples:
- people prone to allergic reactions;
- peptic ulcer, gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome;
- for weight loss It is not recommended to eat more than 200 grams of fruit per day;
- people with type 1, 2 diabetes should add fruit to the diet with the permission of the endocrinologist.
Overview of early maturity varieties
These relate to the dessert category. They are characterized by weak keeping quality, the optimal shelf life does not exceed 1.5 months.
The early harvest occurs in the summer months of harvesting – juices, jams, preparation of dried fruits.
- Vista Bell – frost resistance is reduced, does not tolerate strong winds. The peel of aromatic fruits is covered with a yellow-gray coating, the flesh is sweet, with a slight sour taste. Tasting score 4.6 out of 5.
- Melba – summer apple trees are low, early ripe, fruiting occurs by the 4th year, becoming periodic with aging of the tree.Advantages – transportability, keeping up to 5 months in a cool room.
- Minusinsk – does not like drought, soon dies without watering, tolerates a cool climate. From frost, the flowers do not crumble. There is immunity to scab fungal infection. Small red-yellow fruits – 50-60 g, grow annually, taste sweet with a subtle acidity.
Early and mid-summer varieties are characterized by high frost resistance, but the flowering tree is sensitive to spring repeated frost.
Short-term frost reduces the yield in 80-85% of cases.
Ready for harvest from early September to October, require 2 week d ripening after removal from the branches.
Unlike the early ones, autumn varieties are more productive, subject to a temperature of 10-15 ° C and low humidity, retain their presentation until mid-January.
- Macintosh – blooms in early May, the surface of the fruit is bright red with green spots, the flesh is white with a greenish tint. The maximum tree grows up to 180 cm, bears fruit by the 4th year of life, is resistant to severe frosts to -30 ° C, but is prone to powdery mildew, scab.
- Delicia – apples are reddish-pink, in a cool store lie until the end of December.The trees are medium-sized with a compact crown, bear fruit in the 3rd year.
- Long – highly decorative appearance, the crown is wide, the leaves are dark green, similar to plum. Ripening by the end of September, small apples take an elongated shape, have a pronounced dessert aroma and brittle juicy flesh.
- Pepinka Lithuanian – the size of the crop depends on its quantity: the more apples, the smaller they are. Winter hardiness is low, sufficient drought tolerance. The pulp is sweet, juicy, grainy, lasts up to 2 months.
Important: to prevent over-pollination of summer apple trees, planting of early species near autumn is undesirable. Neighborhood with winter is possible with an extreme lack of free space.
The advantage of the late appearance is excellent keeping quality until the end of spring, the beginning of summer. The dense structure of the peel tolerates transportation well.
Harvested crops are not eaten immediately, apples should ripen for 1-2 months, gaining the desired degree of sweetness.
- Idared is an early winter apple tree that bears fruit in the 5th year, the fruits are large, crunchy and juicy, appreciated due to their high palatability. Inside, light cream, after prolonged storage they become soft.
- Gloucester York is a pyramidal crown shape, reaches a height of 3.5-4 m. Large bright raspberry-speckled fruits are slightly elongated, ribbed at the apex, one-sized . The surface is glossy, thin and durable.The cut is white, very sweet and juicy, brittle.
- Anise red – an adult tree with a sparse crown, has a high yield – up to 120 kg per year. Apples are not very large, pale yellow with dark red spots on the sunny side. The pulp is greenish, there is no pronounced fruity odor.
- Spartan – large juicy fruits are distinguished by a dark burgundy hue of the peel with small white dots. Reaching the fruiting age, the apple tree slows down rapid growth, inflexible branches form a spherical crown.
Planting seedlings can be carried out in the autumn, 2 months before the onset of frost. Before planting, the soil must be enriched with chernozem or complex organic fertilizer, otherwise the pace of development will be slowed down.
The most fruitful varieties
To stimulate the yield of red varieties, you need to prune annual vertically pruned crops annual shoots. This procedure is carried out at the end of February or March.
To prevent young leaves from damaging diseases and pests, a one-time spraying with a quality preparation is sufficient, preferably in the fall.
- Zhigulevskoe is a medium-sized variety. The difference is large dark green leaves and whitish flowers. It requires protection from the codling moth, poorly adapted to prolonged frosts.
- Lungwort – large, imported fruits. The ripe flesh is granular, crisp, and is well preserved during transportation. An adult plant brings up to 70 kg of crop.
- Sunny – weakly reacts to dry summers and temperatures up to -45 ° C. The skin color is red with small orange stripes and dots.
Trees need regular spring top dressing with mineral fertilizers or organic self-prepared.
Mandatory during active loading installation of special props to protect branches from breaking off.
The most winter-hardy varieties
Planting of seedlings is planned for the spring months, so that the root system emea managed to gain a foothold in the soil, prepare for frosts.
Species growing in the northern latitudes are small-fruited, medium-sized trees with a spreading wide crown.
- Saffron pepin – ripened bulk fruit of a small size, weighing up to 140 grams, oblong, with a yellow barrel. The tree successfully restores the damage field with extremely low winter temperature;
- Antei – the ripened apple is large, slightly oblong, the peel is with a red shaded blush.
- Gorno-Altai – the crown forms in the form of a hill, bright scarlet the surface is striped at the base, tender, quickly damaged, requires careful storage. Pouring simultaneous.
- Anis Sverdlovsky – the fruits are pale pink, the cover is saturated red-yellow.The section shows the average density, it is resistant to mechanical damage during transportation.
- Arkaim – early-born, covered with flowers for the 2nd year after planting, the crop is removed for the 5th year. The apples are large, up to 200 g, white, coarse-grained, without veins.
The fruit pulp of apple trees growing in a cool climate has a higher percentage of solids and ascorbic acid, so it is convenient to harvest as dried fruit and urine in combination with vegetables.