Garlic arrows are suitable for eating, because they contain many useful substances. The arrows have a delicate, slightly spicy taste, but not as burning as that of the root crop. These young green stems are used in the treatment of a number of diseases, but can also be harmful to health. Consider the benefits and harms of garlic arrows.
- Chemical composition of the arrows
- Useful properties of garlic arrows
- Infusions and decoctions of garlic arrows
- Use of garlic arrows in cooking
- Harmful properties of garlic arrows
- Conclusion <
The chemical composition of the arrows
The shoots of garlic are light green shoots with buds growing from leaves that, when ripe, Myanas become inflorescences. Until the buds have bloomed, they can be eaten. The vitamin composition is the same as garlic, but there is no pronounced specific smell and taste.
Arrows contain vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, E, PP, organic acids, sulfur, chlorine, iodine, magnesium, potassium, selenium, phosphorus, sodium, titanium, antioxidants, volatile, essential oils and other macro- and microelements.
Useful properties of garlic arrows
Natural phytoncides have a beneficial effect on the human body. For immunity, trace elements found in garlic essential oils are important. Phytoncides act on the body as a whole, disinfecting and destroying harmful microorganisms.
Benefits of garlic arrows:
- They are sources of antioxidants and flavonoids, replenish vitamins and minerals such as A, B6, B12, C, participate in the regeneration of skin cells and slow down aging .
- They are used as a preventive measure for viral diseases. Their effective action contributes to a speedy recovery.
- They normalize the intestinal microflora and contribute to the elimination of parasites.
- They are used to treat staphylococcus, dysentery bacillus, fungal diseases.
- They reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases (heart attacks, strokes).
- They displace toxic substances and prevent the development of oncology.
- They normalize blood pressure and lower cholesterol, thin and purify the blood.
- They help stop farm production nts involved in the destruction of bone tissue protect the kidneys and liver.
- They increase appetite, help normalize the gastrointestinal tract, and kill bacteria that cause rotting and fermentation.
- They help cope with stresses and depressions
- In men, they have a beneficial effect on potency.
Infusions and decoctions of garlic arrows
For treatment, not only fresh garlic shoots are used, but also boil and insist.So, cold tincture is very useful for the body, rich in vitamins and minerals. Recipe:
- 250 ml of cold water
- 10 pcs. green arrows
The arrows are crushed, poured a little water, rubbed, pour the remaining liquid, cover and put in a dark place for a day. Filter the infusion and take 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day after eating.
To prepare a decoction in 1 tbsp. boiling water add 1 tbsp. l finely chopped garlic shoots. Boil over low heat for 5 minutes, then wrap and infuse the broth for about an hour, filter.
Once the stems have twisted and changed color, the valuable substances move into the ripening head of garlic – they no longer represent any values.
The use of garlic arrows in cooking
Green shoots can be eaten not only raw, but also fried, boiled, in the form of salads, omelets , soups, sauces, main dishes.
Arrows can be frozen: this way they retain all the nutrients. Juicy green shoots are crushed, salted, put in a freezer. In winter, it can be used to prepare various dishes.
A great addition to meat and fish dishes is the pickled arrows.
After heat treatment, some of the useful trace elements are destroyed. When oil is added, arrows lose their dietary properties.To enjoy these valuable green shoots in the winter, they are frozen.
Harmful properties of garlic arrows
Using garlic arrows before going to bed can lead to insomnia.
Despite its beneficial properties, the arrows of garlic can cause irreparable damage to health.
- Appetite is aroused, so people who are overweight should eat it with caution.
- May aggravate hemorrhoids , attacks of epilepsy, hepatitis, stomach ulcers, gastritis.
- Contraindicated in patients with anemia, pregnant breastfeeding and breastfeeding.
- Leads to bloating, diarrhea, bleeding.
- People with cancer and HIV should be eaten with great care.
Garlic shooters are rich in vitamins and have a wide range of useful and healing properties, but it is necessary to remember about the harmful properties. Before you use arrows in food, you need to assess the condition e health.