The benefits and harms of young garlic for the body, its composition and methods of use are something any gardener should know about.
- Features of the composition
- Useful properties
- Harmful garlic
- Contraindications <
- Conclusion <
Features of the composition
Young garlic contains a high percentage of potassium, chlorine, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, as well as iron, zinc, copper, iodine and manganese. In addition, a huge amount of vitamins of group C, B, PP and K, essential and aromatic oils was recorded.
Garlic has a high energy value: about 75 kcal per 150 g. The main component of the composition is volatile, possessing the ability to fight various microorganisms.
The smell of a plant can suppress the appearance and development of diseases such as typhoid and dysentery, and also protect nearby crops from fungal and yeast diseases.
- Normalizes blood circulation. Cleans blood vessels and arteries from blood clots and plaques. Visibly reduces tension in the walls of blood vessels. It is also recommended to be added to the diet for people with a predisposition to diseases such as atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- Reduces blood sugar. It is important for diabetics to consume the product because it helps the absorption of fructose in the blood.
- Helps prevent heart attack and stroke. Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Strengthens the immune system.Serves for the prevention of various viruses, inflammations and the development of bacteria in the human body. Also, the plant has ascorbic acid.
- Normalizes the digestive tract. Helps accelerate digestion, strengthens the gastric mucosa. Regulates the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
- Is a prophylaxis of oncology. Trace elements contained in its composition do not allow the development of cancers.
- Promotes rejuvenation. The benefit of green garlic is that it contains a high percentage of selenium, which regulates intercellular metabolism, and also improves skin condition, cares for its tone and elasticity.
- Improves memory.
- Is antioxidant. It removes toxins from the body that poison the body and normalizes the oxidation of organic compounds.
- It has an antiseptic effect: it helps blood coagulate and also resists wound infection.
Most often, green garlic is used to treat the following diseases:
- bronchial asthma;
- suffocating cough;
A uniform gruel is prepared from the cloves of a young vegetable, mixed with ghee fat or butter. The resulting mixture is recommended to rub the area of the bronchi and neck, then wrap with a towel and leave for a couple of hours.In no case should you leave the ointment on the skin all night: this will result in a slight burn or irritation.
Harm of garlic
Garlic can bring both good and harm to the body. Overuse of a vegetable is fraught with the following consequences:
- Violation of the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. An overdose of trace elements from the composition of this vegetable can disrupt the metabolic processes, as well as provoke irritation of the gastric mucosa.
- Flatulence and diarrhea. Vegetable contributes to the accumulation of gases, as well as impaired stool. In diseases of the stomach, it can lead to internal bleeding.
- Bad breath. The allicin already mentioned above causes a bad breath.
- Overweight. Vegetable helps increase appetite.
- Frequent urination. Garlic increases the tone of the bladder, which leads to increased urgency.
- Irritation of the respiratory tract. Due to the strong smell and sharp specific taste, irritation of the respiratory system is possible. This is rather unpleasant than dangerous.
Eating young green garlic is strictly contraindicated:
- Pregnant, and also breastfeeding women. Due to the strong taste and smell, the quality of milk may change.
- With an ulcer.There is a violation of the intestinal microflora, the mucous membrane is exposed to a strong effect.
- With kidney disease (glomerulonephritis).
- With hemorrhoids. An overdose leads to internal bleeding.
- Before surgery. Do not use with blood-burning medicines.
Young green garlic is one of the most healthy foods.It is rich in vitamins, suitable for cooking is also a great medicine and should be included in reasonable amounts in the diet.