Sheep milk is used by humans a long time ago. And this is not surprising, because it has unique properties and attractive taste, and also contains a huge number of all kinds of trace elements and is not contraindicated for allergy sufferers. This is why people who cannot consume cow, lamb or goat milk are advised to switch to sheep’s milk.
- Unique composition
- What are the benefits of
- Cheese made from sheep’s milk
- Harm and contraindications
The Caucasus, the Middle East, Central Asia, Greece – this is not an exhaustive list of places where sheep’s milk is regularly used in the diet. To increase the productivity of sheep’s milk, a special sheep was specially bred by breeders. which in a period of 3 to 5 months gives up to 150 kg of this unique product.
Sheep milk is used like any other. It has a rather specific smell – it is rarely consumed undiluted. This product is indispensable for culinary purposes. Sheep milk can be used to make wonderful yoghurts, delicious butter, other fermented milk products, and cheese that is amazing in taste.
Sheep fresh milk is very popular all over the world with Cheese from it (Roquefort, Provencal, Brynza, feta). A huge plus is that its nutrients are light and well absorbed by the body, therefore, sheep products are always recommended by specialists for dietary and balanced nutrition.
What is contained in sheep’s milk?
- First, a group of different useful vitamins. So, vitamin A not only helps improve vision, but is also indispensable in the fight against various eye diseases. Drinking a drink will enrich the body with vitamins D and E and thus help your skin become beautiful and healthy. Especially this combination of vitamins will be useful to those who suffer from various skin diseases.
- Secondly, sheep’s milk contains an excess of vitamin B12 and folic acid. As a rule, these vitamins are necessary to maintain the body and are most often taken as supplements to strengthen immunity in the cold season.
- Thirdly, the high concentration of potassium contained in it will help to improve the health of the cardiovascular system .
- Fourth, another plus of the drink is that it is rich in zinc, which is indispensable for the beauty and health of hair, as well as the vitality and energy of the whole body. In addition, the intake of the necessary amount of zinc increases the appetite, therefore, nutritionists prescribe sheep milk to those who struggle with anorexia.
- Fifth, sheep’s milk contains a lot of calcium, which is why it is often advised to drink to treat this diseases like osteoporosis.
What are the benefits
The benefits of sheep’s milk are a separate issue. This product will be useful to everyone, as it is the best assistant for raising immunity.It is especially important to drink it for children, nursing mothers, as well as workers in the physical professions.
- The milk produced by the sheep has excellent antioxidant properties: in a person who regularly uses it, oxygen is better absorbed, thanks to which it normalizes brain function, concentration of attention and memory.
- After suffering a catarrhal disease, a sheep product is especially useful.
- A drink that was drunk at night completely ensures cheat a sweet dream.
- The main difference between sheep’s milk and goat’s or cow’s milk is that there is practically no allergy to it, so people with asthma and eczema can safely use it in their diet.
- You can also use this product when feeding thoroughbred pets.
Cheese made from sheep’s milk
Do not like cheese? Most likely, you just never tried cheese made from sheep’s milk. Thanks to useful and nutritious substances, this drink is a wonderful raw material for the production of cheese that is unique in taste. Many countries have developed their own unique manufacturing technology for this product. Now on the shelves of stores you can often find analogues of such cheese, however, they differ significantly in taste from their originals.
Like sheep’s milk, the cheese obtained from it contains not only beneficial amino acids, but also trace elements. People who regularly include cheese made from sheep’s milk in their diet practically do not suffer from eye diseases and diseases of the digestive tract, they tolerate fractures and follow a diet more easily.
Harm and contraindications
If individual intolerance is observed, of course, sheep’s milk is contraindicated and can be harmful. Due to its high fat content, this product is not recommended for complete people, as well as for those suffering from renal and hepatic insufficiency, dyskinesia.
Do not forget that this drink has a high fat index, which increases cholesterol in the body, therefore its use must be treated with caution. You should take into account the number of food calories that it contains, and eat without overdoing it. How much is this? The daily norm per day should be no more than 150 g.
Useful also will know that, lthough sheep and produces less milk than other pets, it is worth much more expensive Plus -. it is much easier to store than other dairy products. The product is easy to freeze, and this process does not affect its taste and nutritional value at all.