Gardeners have long been came to the conclusion that you can use pharmacy drugs to fertilize vegetables. The most commonly used solution is manganese. Potassium permanganate for tomatoes is an ideal treatment option, because it helps to cope with various diseases that tomato crops undergo.
- Using manganese solution
- Seed processing
- Seedling treatment
- Planting care
- Conclusion <
Using potassium permanganate
Processing tomatoes with a potassium permanganate solution is the best you can think of. small, but despite this, it helps prevent pain A large number of diseases of tomatoes.
Advantages of using a solution of manganese:
- Due to the fact that this agent is considered an antiseptic, it is ideal for disinfecting crops. That is, the leaves and soil completely get rid of all negative bacteria that can adversely affect the plant. But, it should be noted the disadvantage of this method. The thing is that the positive microflora of the soil is destroyed.
- As soon as the product enters the substrate, a chemical reaction occurs. As a result, an oxygen atom begins to be released. As soon as it interacts with the soil, ions form. It is ions that have a positive effect on the roots of the plant.
- If a crop is sprayed with such a pharmacy, this also positively affects the tops of the plant – it becomes stronger and more beautiful in appearance.
- Potassium permanganate is used to feed the soil and disinfect the plant.
- After pinching, manganese allows you to heal all wounds and cracks in tomatoes. This reduces the risk of infection.
Tatyana Orlova (candidate of agricultural sciences):
Full name of potassium permanganate. This chemical substance contains elements necessary for plants, manganese and potassium.
- With potassium permanganate, seeds can be processed even at the preparatory stage. First of all, it is recommended to spray the seeds. Despite the fact that there is a large amount of funds for such processing, experienced gardeners prefer potassium permanganate as the most affordable drug.
Tomato seeds are treated with a 1% potassium permanganate solution. To prepare it, dilute 1 g of the product in 1 liter of water. Water the seeds or seedlings only with warm water.
After you have selected the seeds for planting, they are placed in a gauze bag. Next, the seeds are placed in a container with a solution and incubated for about 20 minutes.It is not recommended to increase the time of disinfection, since the seeds may lose their germination properties. Now you need to wash the seeds in the fabric in plain water and leave until completely dry. Please note that it is not recommended to make a very strong solution and use a large amount of a pharmacy product, because this can negatively affect the further germination and development of the plant.
Tatyana Orlova (Candidate S.-x . Sciences):
Inlaid seeds do not need to be disinfected with potassium permanganate. In large seed farms, tomato seeds are prepared in a certain way. They are first ground to remove villi from the surface to give them better flowability. Then a disinfectant is applied, to which a dye of a certain color is added as an indicator that the seeds are already decontaminated and do not need to be pickled. Soaking such seeds before sowing is not recommended.