Cucumbers are characterized by a fresh taste and aroma, and also contain a lot of vitamins. Everyone who plans to grow this vegetable should pay attention to the most common and fruitful varieties of cucumbers for open ground.
- Seed Selection
- By method of excretion
- by pollination method
- Self-pollinated varieties
- Bee pollinated varieties
- By maturity
- Early ripe
- Late ripe
For planting in chernozem, you must select the seeds of cucumbers for open of the soil, because the yield and predisposition of the plant to diseases depend on this. Hybrid species occupy a special place, since they are most adapted to unstable conditions.
When choosing seeds, pay attention to a number of factors:
- fruiting period;
- size of vegetables;
- intensity of branching of the bush;
- importance of special care;
If you adhere to these rules, growing a quality plant is not difficult.
Before choosing and buying seeds, you should focus on climate. Different seeds are required for Ukraine, the Moscow Region, Siberia, and the northern strip of Russia.Growing late varieties in areas with cold weather means losing the fruiting of the crop.
By method of breeding
Most often, hybrids marked F1 are chosen for planting in the open ground. These are the best varieties of cucumbers for open ground, as they are resistant to any environmental conditions.
- Admiral F1. The variety is pollinated with the help of bees, it is cold-resistant and heat-resistant, therefore it is suitable for both the south and Siberia. You can grow Admiral F1 to get an early rich harvest.
- Bedrett F1. Unpretentious and hardy variety that can grow even in adverse conditions.
- Emelya F1. One of the best pickling cucumbers, and therefore the purpose of cultivation is pickling. The fruits are small, have excellent taste. Emelya F1 does not require frequent and plentiful watering.
- Faithful friends of F1. Variety Faithful friends F1 bears fruit already on the 30th day after transplanting seedlings. It is not very active weaving, and therefore it is permissible to sow densely, and also not to forget about pinching.
There are a number of non-hybrid high-yielding varieties recommended for planting in open ground . This:
- Siberian janitor.
By the method of pollination
The varieties of cucumbers that are planted in open ground are divided into 2 groups: those that are pollinated independently and those that propagate with the help of bees.
They can be called super-resistant, they grow in the most adverse conditions and at the same time give good yields. They breed independently. Each cucumber flower has both a stamen (male organ) and a pistil (female organ), due to which it is able to pollinate itself.
Gardeners increasingly prefer this particular group of plants, if we are not talking about growing in conditions telitsy. There are 2 reasons for this:
- taste and appearance;
- early fruiting.
Because the variety has both a female and a male type flowers, she lacks the ability to create seeds.
The best self-pollinated varieties of cucumbers for open include the following:
- Gerda. It is ranked among varieties with an average ripening period; it is characterized by good resistance to diseases and productivity. Gerda’s fruits grow to 10 cm in length.
- Friendly family. This species is also classified as mid-early, the fruits do not require special care, adapt to various conditions. Fruits reach 12 cm in length. A distinctive feature is the lack of bitterness.
- White angel. The variety brings cucumbers of a characteristic white color, up to 7 cm long.The fruits weigh about 70 g. There is no bitterness.
- Zadavaka. The view allows you to enjoy dark green vegetables with a clear white pattern that resembles stripes. A characteristic feature is the black color of the tubercles, because cucumbers are also called black-spiked. Harvest from cucumber bushes of this variety can be obtained right up to frost.
- Spring. The subspecies bears short cucumbers with a pleasant sweet taste. There is no bitterness. It is short-braided, resistant to most diseases.
Bee pollinated varieties
Pollinating the culture requires the participation of pollinating insects – bees or bumblebees. This feature enhances the aroma and taste of the fruit. In addition, bee-pollinated vegetables feel quite comfortable in the shade, because they are also called shade-tolerant.
Such varieties of cucumbers can only be planted in the open ground, because only under these conditions access is reserved for all types of pollinating insects.
- Swallow F1. The hybrid belongs to the early ripening varieties. One fruit weighs about 100 g. The first crop is harvested 40-45 days after transplanting seedlings in open ground. Plant it in May.
- Alphabet F1. The subspecies is characterized by excellent productivity, it can be attributed to gherkins. Culture resists most diseases.The fruits are covered with solid black pimples, not faint in taste.
- Compass F1, like the previous 2 2 types, is resistant to root rot. Compass F1 tastes good. It is recommended to plant the variety in June.
- Farmer F1. The subspecies is characterized by unpretentiousness, bears fruit longer than usual. It has a green peel covered with white spikes.
- Lord F1. The variety is usually attributed to those having an average ripening period. It tolerates cold well, resistant to many diseases. Cucumbers grow up to 13 cm in length, the skin color is bright green, pimples are painted white. The plant has a female type of flowering, and therefore, for cultivation, you should choose the soil in the open.
The varieties are divided, depending on the period ripening fruit. The table of varieties correspondence to the ripening period is as follows:
|Early ripening (early ripening)||up to 40 days|
|Late maturity||50 and above|
Among the most popular early ripening varieties for planting in open ground, the following are distinguished:
- Masha. It is considered an ultra-ripe vegetable; it belongs to parthenocarpic hybrids. It has good disease resistance. The length of the fruit is about 10 cm.
- fontanel. Ideal for pickling, and therefore is considered the best pickling cucumber.
- Connie. It belongs to hybrids, universal, has no bitter aftertaste.
- Champion. High yielding, most often used for the purpose of further processing.
- Herman. Resistant to disease. Its fruits look impressive, grow up to 12 cm in length, have large spikes.
- Among the early ripening varieties are also popular New Nezhinsky, Competitor, Karelian, Courage, Delicacy, Alligator, Miranda and others.
- Nezhinsky. The variety needs pollination by bees, is characterized by resistance to diseases, does not need special care. Outwardly, the fruits look short, have short dark spikes, their weight is more than 100 g.
- Pikuli. The Pikuli variety is universal, has excellent immunity. The shape of the cucumbers is oval, the spikes are white, about 8 cm in length. The fruits retain their presentation for a long time.
- Far Eastern variety (or drought tolerant). Tolerates prolonged drought, its fruits are used for canning. The length of one is up to 15 cm, the weight of the vegetable is 200 g.
- Local Nezhinsky pickling. It has natural immunity to many diseases. The bush has a mixed flowering, has a strong branching.Cucumbers grow ovoid, the mass of one fruit is about 100 g. The variety is perfect for pickling.
- New Phoenix. Variety New Phoenix is classified as cold-resistant, has natural protection against powdery mildew and perosporosis. The fruits have a bright color and fuzzy longitudinal white stripes.
- Popular mid-ripening varieties: Rafael, Levadny, Kid, Farmer, Solnechny, Moth, White Angel and so on.
Late ripe cucumbers bear fruit 50 days after they were planted. The most popular varieties are:
- Chinese Plyaty. A medium-branched plant with flowering mixed ty A. Fruits have the shape of a cylinder, the length of the cucumber is 12 cm, the weight is about 110 g. Among the pluses are good yield, natural protection against peronosporosis, resistance to low temperature.
- Chinese miracle. It is considered universal, characterized by a very late ripening – 70 days after planting in the ground. Soil fruit has a thin skin, small size.
- Crunch. The species is classified as high-yielding; it resists well the most common diseases. Fruits grow up to 9 cm, while their mass is about 70 g. Cucumber flesh is crispy, bitterness is absent. The variety is great for canning.
- Relay. Used for the preparation of salads. The taste of cucumbers is sweetish. The length of the cucumber is up to 24 cm, weight – 250 g.It is recommended to grow the variety in the southern regions, as the variety loves warmly.