Getting milk from your horned pets is sometimes quite problematic. All due to the fact that pets do not want to calmly stand and endure, especially if they are young. It is in this situation that a goat milking machine will help. This design was created in order to fix the pet and immobilize it, which greatly facilitates the process of collecting milk. Today you can buy a milking machine, but it is relatively expensive, and you can make a machine for milking goats with your own hands.
- Why do we need a car?
- Machine Features
- Basic requirements
- How to make a design?
- Assembly and connection of the structure
Why do we need a car?
A goat milking machine is a necessary thing, especially useful for people who keep cattle, especially if you have more than ten animals. The goat milking machine will be able to solve a lot of problems with the milking process.
- When the goat is fixed to the machine, it will not be able to kick, but it means a chance that the bowl or bucket of milk will turn over – decrease, or rather will not be at all.
- The design provides for the moment that the milkmaid should have a comfortable position and angle to collect milk.
- Without much effort, you can connect the milking machine if the whole structure is ready and works on the basis of automation.
- In addition, with this device you can not only to milk the goat, but also to carry out “cosmetic” procedures for it: wash the udder, remove the hair around it, file and trim the hooves and at the same time not create any stress to the animal.
Young cattle, which had not previously been accustomed to the machine, will first have to be forced into a milking machine, over time the goat will get used to it, and will calmly go in. Experts say that in order for a pet to get used to it faster, it’s best to force it into an unprecedented design and leave it in it for at least 10 minutes, and only then start milking. Also, while the goat is in the “stall”, do not leave it. Stay close all the time, you can pet them and speak in a quiet voice so that the goat adapts faster.
Features of the machine
The machine for milking goats consists of one pen, so goats will have to start one at a time. It often happens that, due to their activity, goats turn over a bowl or a bucket of milk, and sometimes it happens that they do it on purpose, supposedly showing that they can be milked only when they want to. Thanks to the goat milking machine, you can avoid all these problems, protect yourself and your pet from problems or possible injuries. A video review of the machine for milking goats gives you the opportunity to see all the features of this design.
The main task of the machine is to clamp the neck of a bouncer to fix it and so that it does not twitch and cannot escape. The design is designed so that the goat will be on a hill and thereby the miller will be able to choose a comfortable position for milking.When there is a lot of cattle on the farm, the farmer gets very tired, especially if he constantly sits in a bent state. The goat milking machine has a parapet, thanks to which the person himself will choose a position and angle to conveniently take milk from the goat. For fasteners, you need to use exceptionally soft material so as not to harm the pet.
The design itself is based on 4 or 6 legs. In order for the pet to not be injured during milk collection, a non-slip base for the floor is needed. In front of the structure there is a fixture for the head, and behind the footboard so that the pet can climb well. If you want, you can add a cage on the goat milking machine so that the goat has a fence everywhere. Before the construction itself, fix the feeder for the animal where the food should constantly be located.
To build a machine for milking goats with your own hands is not a difficult task, you need to get some equipment for this.
- Flooring that will be located on 4 or 6 legs, the number of legs depends only on your desire. And as mentioned earlier, the flooring should not be slippery so that the animal cannot be injured.
- A system that will be reliable, but keep the goat’s head safe.
- Any step so that the pet can easily climb onto the structure.
- If you wish, you can build a cage in order to fix the animal, and it could not move. This will protect the animal and the miller himself.
- And a feeder, so that the animal enjoys the process and can distract from the procedure with food.
How to make a construction ?
Many farmers and beginners are wondering how to make a goat milking machine. In fact, it is a very lightweight building system. You only need to stock up on the necessary devices and know the main rules.
Sometimes it may be difficult to assemble the structure, but, as a rule, they are very easily solved. Usually problems arise when picking up the wrong materials and the wrong size. To avoid this, correctly and carefully select all the basics for the design. You will need:
- the first and most important thing you need is the base, legs: there can be four or six, the size depends on you, but at least their size should start from 30 centimeters ;
- the butt – two pieces;
- two sidewalls to secure the animal;
- the bars are two pieces;
- for the flooring you need three boards covered with a material that does not slip;
- riser two pieces from 50 centimeters;
- a piece that can connect the walls and risers;
- and two slats for fixing .
Assembling and connecting the structure
The first thing to do is attach the two legs to the base of the end so that they are flush with the top of the end , just do the same with the other end. Attach carefully so that the legs are stable and level. The neck of the animal must always be firmly fixed.
Then these two parts must be fastened together with the side install the bars perpendicular to the ends. From the end you need to retreat thirty to forty centimeters. And the corners of the base should be perfectly flat and smooth. Then you should make a design that should hold the goat during the fence. To do this, you will need to take two racks and the same number of racks, and fix them. The process itself is much harder than a normal assembly, so it would be better to find a drawing.
The milking machine can be made portable or completely motionless, everything will depend on the conditions and needs of the farmer. Then it will be possible to remake the machine and improve. The main thing is to create a design that will be safe for the miller and the goat. Make the design itself will not be difficult for you, you need to choose everything correctly and connect. How to make a high-quality machine, you can watch the video, this is a very simple way.