Orchids are considered whimsical plants to care for. The home flower is sensitive to temperature conditions, humidity and even planned transplantation or reproduction. For flower growers, the situation is when the buds of an orchid fall. There are many reasons for this, and all require a solution.
- Common reasons
- Watering mode
- Temperature, humidity, lighting
- Other factors
- How to help the plant bloom
- Conclusion <
Phalaenopsis is considered the most common type of flower.
All the reasons why buds (sometimes even unblown ones) fall off are the same for I am of all kinds of flowers.
The main reasons why buds fall off the phalaenopsis:
- proximity to unwanted fruits or plants;
- change of temperature, humidity, lighting ;
- wrong watering;
- fertilizing fertilizers during flowering;
- stressful situation (transplant, relocation);
- natural old age.
Some reasons why the orchid bud withers cannot be resolved. Some require analysis and adjustment.
The reason why the orchid’s buds fall is incorrect watering.
From overflow or underfilling, a flower prematurely drops buds. This is due to decay or dryness of the root system.The flower gradually dies, it does not have the strength to bloom.
To avoid this, observe the schedule for irrigation of the flower. To determine when a culture needs water is simple: they touch the ground with a finger. Moist soil does not require watering, dry moisten.
Temperature, humidity, lighting
These 3 factors are key to the maintenance of the plant at home. At the slightest violation of conditions, the flower discards leaves and flowers. In poor conditions, the buds of the orchid will not bloom, and those that appear over time will dry up and disappear.
Optimum values for the plant:
- Temperature – from 20 ° C to 27 ° C will be best for plants. In winter, the flower is at rest, and in spring and summer it blooms. Both lowering and increasing lead to the fact that the buds of orchids fall.
- Humidity should not exceed 75%. A high level of moisture leads to a change in plant behavior, accelerated decay. Not enough leads to drought.
- Lighting is an important point in caring for a flower. If leaves or flowers have fallen when the orchid was standing on the windowsill under direct rays, this means that they burned out. Also, with a lack of light, the plant decides not to bloom, and the buds, without blooming, fall off. When the bud withers, it can no longer be reanimated.
To avoid falling buds, they take care of creating favorable conditions (especially in summer and winter):
- In summer, they flower in a cool room, but do not put it under air conditioning: drafts are also a cause falling ovary. Avoid the scorching sun, put the flowerpot in a bright but slightly darkened place.
- In winter, the flower is not placed near heating appliances. Heaters and batteries heat the air and lower the level of humidity. Avoid staying plants in low temperature conditions, especially at subzero temperatures.
During the move, it is imperative to prepare in advance conditions similar to the previous ones. A change of scenery adversely affects the flower, and the orchid’s buds fall.
Additional reasons that the orchid’s buds fall off are old age, late feeding, transplantation and the wrong neighborhood:
- The buds of an orchid that was fed during the flowering period fall. This is fundamentally wrong: during this period, the flower is full of strength and does not perceive fertilizers.
- Transplanting is a common reason why an orchid drops its buds prematurely. If the ovary fades or the flowers do not bloom, the plant does not fit the new soil, conditions or has a period of adaptation.
- Orchid prematurely drops buds if it has already passed the age of active flowering. Signs of old age: she threw off the lower leaves, appear and fall, not blossoming, ovaries of flowers; leaves turn yellow and fall off.
- Neighborhood with other plants. It is believed that the flower does not tolerate ripening apples, bananas and tomatoes. Unambiguously negatively affects the plant tobacco smoke.
The age of old phalaenopsis consider 4-5 years. The plant may refuse to bloom due to illness. To detect signs in time, preventive measures are taken.
How to help the plant bloom
Some orchids need to be placed in a stressful situation so that they begin to bloom. It is created only for flowers that have ceased to bloom, although the conditions have remained unchanged. In summer, they try the following:
- On a warm night (about 16 ° C) the flowerpot is taken out onto the balcony. He is left there until morning. Then they are returned to their former conditions.
- If the plant is resistant to weather conditions, it will be kept on the balcony for good weather for 2 weeks. The regime of watering and spraying is left unchanged.
- In the period before the proposed flowering, the amount of water in the irrigation is reduced. This slightly dries the roots and stimulates them to bloom.
All these methods try when objective reasons are excluded.
If the plant is old, weak or in adverse conditions, a stressful situation aggravates the situation, leads to death or flower disease.
If the plant’s buds dry and crumble, this indicates an improper care or old age of the orchid. It is important to create the optimal temperature regime, humidity level and adjust the lighting; fertilize and transplant during periods favorable for the plant.
Also, buds drop out of the flower if it has recently experienced stress or was in adverse conditions. Old age occurs after 4-5 years of active flowering.