Japanese grayfish is a special type of epiphytic phalaenopsis found in nature in Japan, Korea and the island of Rio Kiu. It blooms in warm weather, from late spring to early autumn.
- Variety description
- Transplant <
- Care <
- Diseases and pests
- Disease Prevention
Description of the variety
Japanese cedirea consists of a medium-sized stem covered with firm and fleshy leaves with a length and a width of respectively 15 and 2-3 cm. Flower-bearing the branches are curved and drooping, usually up to 12 small flowers, they have a rich citrus aroma, white and yellow-green color, purple stripes on the side sepals.
Tepalia have rounded ends. Triple lip has bent small side elements on the inside, and the front – in configuration resembles a scapula with a wavy edge (white in color with red-pink blotches).
Varieties of Japanese silverfish:
- Daruma Minmaru – has almost round leaves;
- Kibana – has a yellowish color and a white lip with purple patches;
- Kibana Soshin – white flowers, yellow at the base of the petals;
- Seigeki Maru – has round leaves;
- Minmarushima – variegate leaves;
- Fusamaru – leaves quite rounded;
- Sideria subparis is a rare species similar to the sidereal of Japan, but has spotted lettuce-green petals.
thanks to the miniature times EPAM home orchid used for terraria orhidariuma and other devices, as the plant grows well on branches and pieces of bark.
The soil needs to be enriched with pieces of bark of conifers, peat material, moss sphagnum, etc. The orchid is adapted for growth even on southern brightly lit windows.
The gray-haired one does not need regular transplants. It should be transplanted with excess salts or soil compaction, limiting aeration, as well as with large sizes of the root system. It is better to change the soil immediately after the flowering period.
Orchid should be propagated by vegetative lateral processes. To begin with, each separated bulb should form roots 4-5 cm long, then they are separated from the primary organism and planted on a substrate prepared in advance.In special greenhouses, orchids are also propagated by seeds and meristematic (educational) tissue.
Caring for a flower has several important points.
- Sideria Yaponika does not need high levels of humidity because their root system is often humidified, and excess moisture causes decay of the tissues of the roots and base of the stem. To maintain relatively stable moisture indicators, it is necessary to equip the window-sill with pallets with slightly moistened drainage material (expanded clay, peat, sand), and then, under the influence of heating with ultraviolet rays or a heating element, the water will evaporate. In order to avoid active propagation of fungal and bacterial pathologies in a humid environment, it is necessary to provide aeration of the room.
- When watering, water should freely enter the pan so that there is no stagnation of moisture in the soil and further destructive processes. It will be useful to use warm water for irrigation (30-35 °, up to 50 ° C), because this allows you to maximize recreate environmental conditions and regulate the transpiration process. Do not use hard water. The substrate between waterings should dry. In the cold months, it is reduced to once every 2-3 weeks.
Diseases and pests
Japanese silver salmon is particularly susceptible to fungal and bacterial diseases. Their main ones are tracheomycotic phenomena, which are manifested in the loss of turgor, the appearance of dry black spots and blackening rings in the roots. Often there are rot lesions – gray, black and brown. These pathologies, as well as spotting, anthracosis, are treated with fungicides by doing two treatments with a period of about 10 days.
Of the insects, there are ticks, scale insects, thrips and aphids. In a mild form of damage, you need to wash the leaves with soap and water, in a neglected one – you can not do without insecticides. If you notice stickiness of leaves and dark spots formed by the fungus, then this indicates the appearance of a parasite of the scutellaria, which feeds on plant juice, thereby taking away the vitality and resources of the orchid. If a silver film and black dots are found on the leaves, we can talk about infection with thrips, which provoke leaf fall. The presence of the spider mite is noticeable by such signs: light dots on the leaf, thin cobweb and silver coating on the back of the organ. A particularly dangerous parasite is the root bug, which, as the name implies, is a destroyer of orchid roots.If you don’t rinse and disinfect the roots in time with a potassium permanganate solution, then the plants die quickly, because roots provides nutrition and metabolism of all plants
The abuse of fertilizers for Orchids inhibits all life processes and causes non-flowering plants. Soil washing under warm water is used for prevention.
- monitoring the quality of the water used for irrigation;
- moderate use of fertilizers;
- proper lighting at any time of the day;
- periodic hot showers;
- use of medicines.
Japanese sideria is particularly notable for its small size, which makes the flower unusually attractive and delicate At the same time, this phalaenopsis is not whimsical at all, which allows it to be grown not only to the archbishops, but also to everyone who loves these beautiful flowers.