Petunia is a popular flower that came to us from South America. It tolerates heat and drought, but does not differ in love for frost. It is planted not only in garden plots, but also in balcony flower beds. In order for flowers to please their beauty, sowing petunias for seedlings in 2019 should be done at the appropriate time.
- Sowing on the lunar calendar
- Zodiacal arrangement
- Lunar phase
- Favorable dates
- Adverse days
- Sowing in different regions
- Varietal features
- Sowing for flowering in May
- Growing seedlings
- Care <
- Time for transplanting into open ground
Lunar sowing to the calendar
A flower can be planted throughout almost the whole year, but usually they begin to plant from January to early March, in order to receive seedlings in late spring.
I determine the most suitable days for the landing of Petunia in 2019 using the lunar calendar.
Favorable and unfavorable dates are determined in accordance with the lunar phases and the location of the moon in different zodiacs.
Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces – are characterized by the highest fertility, therefore, when finding satellites In any of these signs, the probability of successful sowing increases significantly.
Signs with medium fertility: Taurus, Libra, Sagittarius and Capricorn.
It is not recommended to sow seeds if the Moon is in Virgo, Aries, Leo, Gemini and Aquarius.
The most suitable period for sowing will be the period of the growing moon: the seeds take root well in the soil and develop normally.
The full moon and the new moon are not suitable for sowing at all. They do not contribute to the good development and growth of plants.
The waning moon is also not a very favorable time. At this time, they recommend planting root crops.
When to plant petunia for seedlings in 2019:
- January: 10, 11 , 15, 16, 19, and 20.
- February: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 24.
- March: 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 and 26.
- April: 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 , 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, and 25.
- May: 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 25.
- June: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25.
- July: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 22, 23 and 24.
- August: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.9 , 10, 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23.
September is usually the last month when sowing is still in progress. In 2019, the best time will be: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23.
According to the lunar calendar, in 2019 it is not recommended to sow seeds:
- January: 6, 7, 8, 9, 14, 21, 23 and 28.
- February: 5, 19 and 20.
- March: 6, 21 and 22.
- prel: 4, 5.19 and 20.
- May: 5, 19 and 20.
- June: 3, 18.
- July: 1 , 2 and 17.
- August: 1, 29 and 30.
- September: 14, 15, 27 and 28.
Sowing in different regions
Petunia is afraid of sharp drops in temperature, even if they are short-term, so when choosing Straps for planting seed oriented and climatic characteristics of the region
- The best time for sowing in the Urals and Siberia -. the first half of March. These regions are quite cold. For this reason, earlier procedures will provoke overgrowing of seedlings due to longer growth in the greenhouse.
- In the Volga region, planting begins earlier – in February, but it should be completed by mid-March.
- For the Midland region, the most suitable time for sowing will be the first half of January.
- On the territory of the Southern region, sowing is carried out at any time, but it is recommended to carry out such work in the first January days.
Different varieties of Petunia and have their own planting dates. This factor must be taken into account, otherwise the plant can not only not bloom, but not grow at all.
It is recommended to sow ampelous petunia in late January and until the middle of next month, but no later. Then she will have time to grow long shoots that contribute to the appearance of more flowers. They are planted in a pot for decorating balconies or arbors.
For a dwarf variety, try to choose the following dates: the last February days and the first days of March. At this time, it is not so cold, so they develop and grow pretty well. Such flowers have an increased sensitivity to light.
It is better to sow a bush variety in the first half of March. This species does not particularly tolerate cold.
Multiflowered are resistant to changes in the weather, but with the onset of cold weather they will also need to create the most comfortable conditions with a sufficient level of heat. It is allowed to plant them from the end of January.
Sowing for flowering in May
In order for the plant to bloom in May, it must be planted in greenhouses from the end of January until the first of the next of the month.
In this case, more attention should be paid to the climate of the area, and not to the features of the variety.In cold regions, it is better to wait until the last days of winter.
In the northern and central regions, it will be necessary to create certain conditions. It’s unlikely that you can grow good flowers without phytolamps. If there isn’t enough lighting, the petunia will start to stretch.
It is easy to grow seedlings, because the flower is not too whimsical.
Before planting seeds for seedlings, you need to do soil preparation. It should be fertile, loose and sufficiently moistened.
You can use the already prepared soil, but add some sand to it (1: 6).
You can also prepare the mixture yourself: mix humus, sand and peat in equal proportions.
The place where the flower will be grown should be well lit. The optimum temperature is 20-25 ° C. When these conditions are achieved, the flower is allowed to plant in the soil.
Landing is performed in this way:
- the prepared soil is placed in the bowl;
- by tapping its upper part is leveled;
- on surfaces need to lay a small layer of snow (1-1.5 cm);
- on the snow lay the seeds of petunias and evenly distribute: it is better to pour them on paper, and already from it – on snow;
- with deep sinking of the seeds, you can loosen the snow a little with a toothpick;
- as soon as the snow melts, the seeds themselves will be pulled into the soil without effort;
- sprinkle them with more soil e need, because this flower grows only in the light;
- the bowl should be located in a fairly warm place: you can create it by placing the bowl under the glass and placing it on top of the lamp.
The first shoots should appear in 7 days. At least once a day during this time it needs to be aired.
Pay attention to the density of seedlings: if there are thickened places, use tweezers to thin out a little.
Watering and lighting
Lighting for the first 3 days should be continuous.
When the flower leaves begin to reach before glass, it needs to be removed and make sure that there is always enough moisture in the soil.
Watering is carried out not only under the roots, but also from the pallet. The main thing is not to overdry and prevent the appearance of droplets on the sheets.This can lead to the death of the flower.
Those varieties of petunias that grow long shoots will need to be plucked. They make it when the leaves reach 5-7 cm – as a result, each bosom of the leaf becomes a place of growth of a new shoot, and flowering increases.
Fertilizers must be applied 2 weeks after the picking. It is better to start with liquid fertilizer, which is used 2 times for 10 days.
Mineral fertilizing with a small amount of nitrogen is necessarily alternated with substances to stimulate growth. The procedure is carried out no more than 3 times.
Time for transplanting into open ground
Planting petunia shoots in open ground can begin when 2-3 sprouts appear on the sprouts.
It usually takes about 3 weeks from the day of planting to this point. It is important that the spring frosts are already completely over by then. The best time for this is April-May, but you can plant it earlier.
Much will depend on when the flowers were planted and on weather conditions. A transplant is recommended on a cloudy day. Moreover, if the roots are too long, it is allowed to pinch them a little.