Growing onions is easy, but not everyone knows how to water onions with ammonia. This root crop is also affected by harmful insects and microorganisms, and may also suffer from specific diseases.
- A little about onion culture
- Features of the use of ammonia
- Why ammonia
- ammonia as fertilizer
- Fighting harmful organisms
- Reasons for using ammonia
- Methods for preparing a working ammonia essence
- Tips for gardeners
- Rules processing and fertilizer
- Safety precautions
- Conclusion <
If the onion is not diagnosed and processed on time, it will ultimately grow small in size and cannot be preserved for a long period.Only proper care will give this culture the strength to grow and give good harvest.
A little about the onion culture itself
Every gardener who wants to get the maximum harvest puts his energy in his crops. To do this, he carefully processes the soil, preparing it, then buys seeds or finished seedlings and in addition uses fertilizer. One of the most popular crops cultivated in gardens will be onions. It is used almost every day, because it is added to the first and second courses, salads, etc.
The agronomic norm of the onion is 19, that is, it carries few fertilizers from the ground. Most gardeners and agronomists ignore top dressing, they are indifferent to pests, and eventually they become indignant that their crops are so poor, although these are ecologically natural products.
The thoughtless use of chemicals to grow onions is the wrong approach but watering the onion with ammonia in a normal amount does not lead to the accumulation of nitrates, because it acts as a pest protector.
Features of the use of ammonia
Professionals highlight a special technique, how it is possible to water homemade onions with ammonia and with what frequency it can be done, so they immediately answer all the related questions: why spray, when can I treat onions with ammonia, when to water, etc.
Ammonia or ammonia is a colorless transparent solution with a strong characteristic – pungent odor. It is ammonium hydroxide dissolved in water. This is a nitrogen fertilizer that is quickly and simply absorbed by plants, but not all cultures can be processed with ammonia, because it does not work the same way. For example, it does not charge any effect on strawberries.
Treating young onions with ammonia is an important procedure, as this culture perfectly assimilates ammonia.Consequently, the question of whether it is possible to water onions with ammonia, the answer is obvious, the main thing is to use the correct dosage so as not to harm the root crop.
Ammonium concentrate (10%) is a specialized liquid that does not have a characteristic color, but emits a characteristic specific aroma. Processing of onions with ammonia is carried out depending on the specific purpose. The following options are possible:
- Fertilizing the plant in order to increase the yield level.
- Nitrogen is used as a good remedy against parasites, which are extremely dangerous for garden crops.
Ammonia as a fertilizer
There is an opinion that watering with ammonia does not have a negative side, that is, it is simply impossible to overfeed the plant with ammonia, because even the wrong dosage of the drug does not lead to negative consequences, that is, the accumulation of nitrates. But this is not so, because if you often use the mixture, the plant quickly absorbs nitrates and will accumulate them.
Onions – a plant that belongs to the category of those that are well absorbed by ammonia nitrogen. Ammonium chloride is a complex caustic compound, with a high concentration in water it easily burns plant feathers or even turnip.Incorrect proportions of the solution lead to the development of the upper part (green mass), but at the loss of the root crop, it promotes the multiplication and development of harmful putrefactive microorganisms, therefore it is important to clearly know the correct dosages so that as a result, feeding onions with ammonia is beneficial.
Fight against harmful organisms
The time when you can water onion with ammonia is called favorable, because during this period not only is the plant fed with useful substances, but also the fight against wasps new harmful organisms. The same insects simply can not stand the smell of ammonia, so when the onion is treated with ammonia, even a minimal concentration leads to the destruction of pests.
Who can be killed in this way:
- flies (onions );
- of secretive hunters.
In order to destroy the secretive hunter, which is classified as a dangerous insect pest, you need to water the plant with ammonia . This procedure is repeated 2 times, 10 l of ordinary water is taken for it, 20-25 g of ammonia must be diluted in it. The first spraying should be done at the beginning of the shooting (approximately in spring), the second – after 2 weeks.
For flies and bugs, it is necessary that the bed be irrigated with ammonia solution. More precisely, it is necessary to spray between the rows with a specialized solution, which can be made from 10 liters of water and 1 tablespoon of ammonia.
Reasons for using ammonia
Feeding homemade onions with ammonia belongs to the “fast” category, therefore, if you urgently need to fertilize the plants, ammonia is used. The main sign of nitrogen starvation, which is primarily diagnosed by gardeners, is the whitened tips of the leaves. This can be observed not only in onions or garlic, but also in carrots. There are a lot of reasons for this condition, so you need to be able to distinguish and classify them:
- Feathers have a very light greenish or even yellowish tint. This suggests that the plant needs emergency assistance with ammonia. Nothing can cope with this condition faster and better than ammonia processing.
- Feathers have not only a white tint, but also begin to twist at the ends. This indicates that the plant lacks such chemical fertilizer as potassium. Processing a potash fertilizer is suitable for this situation, it does not matter what it will be, you can even use one that contains chlorine and salt: onions, like garlic, are quite normal.
- The effect of “freezing “. The onion stalk turns exclusively white. This is the time when watering young onions with ammonia is simply necessary, since the plant needs additional help.
- The tips of the leaves became white, but the feathers themselves did not curl and have a normal color for the root crop.There is no need to fertilize with nitrogen, it just does not help. To normalize the condition, it is necessary to use a copper-containing preparation that spills between the rows.
- Another point: the white tops of the feathers indicate that the soil is too acidic. It is impossible to make a fatal mistake and additionally deoxidize the soil before starting to plant root crops. For normalization, it is worth adding dolomite flour or saltpeter, or lime to the extreme version. Onions need a slightly alkaline soil, so you need to cope not only with excess soil acidity, but also additionally water the bed with ash. They process the garden bed with a solution per 1 bucket of liquid, 2 cups of ash.
Methods for preparing a working ammonia essence
Watering onions with ammonia is not difficult, but In order not to burn either the root crop or the leafy part, it is important to correctly prepare the solution. This recipe is designed for the gardener to use the standard drug from the pharmacy.
- Watering the onions with ammonia has boundary concentration standards, a maximum of 1 tbsp is allowed. l for 1 liter.
- Onion treatment under the root (top dressing): dilute 3 tbsp for every 10 liters of water. l ammonia.
- For spraying or to water onions with ammonia, dilute 5 tbsp. of water in 10 l of water. l chemical substance.
The main point of such procedures is that the main active ingredient should remain on the feathers of the plant for a longer time.For this reason, the essence is supplemented with a specialized component (adhesive), which can be purchased at any place where fertilizers are sold. But if this is not possible, everything that is really needed to prepare the solution is always freely available.
Tips for gardeners
- If the onion is grown exclusively for feathers, then it is processed, the additional processing is a solution of water with the addition of a small amount of dry mustard.
- As one of the options for sticking, you can take the most affordable flea and dog shampoo for treating onions with ammonia solution from pests. But there is one drawback: feathers will not be possible to eat. After careful processing, they will simply become unsuitable for consumption.
- If an unnaturally dark shade of foliage is visible, this is a signal that there is a glut of ammonia. It follows that the plants do not need top dressing, so you should immediately stop watering the onion root crops.
Processing and fertilizer rules
ammonia for home onions – perfect fertilizer. But if top dressing or processing is carried out exclusively by spraying, then the leaves will not be able to receive a sufficient amount of working substance. It is necessary to try to water the onion root crop as often as possible, for this they use a watering can with good holes (water sprays the surface of the feathers as correctly and thoroughly as possible).
Having figured out the benefits of this kind of treatment, you need to find out the time for watering. When to pour ammonia on a young onion, more precisely, what is the best time to do it?
- Processing outside the root is done early in the morning in cloudy or dry calm weather, you can still at sunset.
- Initially, a solution is prepared that consists of the main components: purified water, supplemented with ammonia , after which salt and other minor components are added.
- The ammonia onion is poured so as not to raise the watering can at a high distance. Thus, you can thoroughly water and nourish the onion fruit, plus you can also spray with this solution and garlic.
- If the plantings are very large in area, then water the onion area using a specialized spraying system.
Growing onions in turnips has its own peculiarity: first you need to process young onions with ammonia (here we are talking about the root of the plant), then you need to do at least 3 treatments of feathers, and then feed the root one more time. As soon as the leaves begin to dry, you need to completely stop watering the onions with ammonia. That is, the use of the solution as a treatment tool should be discontinued.
Ammonia and garden onions are interrelated components of the struggle for the crop.
No matter how many different processing methods: nitrogen, iodine or minerals – they all include precautionary measures.Ammonia is a volatile caustic chemical, so getting into exposed skin or breathing in aroma can lead to difficult consequences.
- Wear protective glasses and a specialized apron.
- There must be a headdress, hair is hidden under it.
- It is mandatory to use a respirator or gas mask.
- All those around are removed to a distance that is acceptable for their health.
Fertilizers and processing of onions contribute to growth and good times cultural revolution. Among the various home-based feeding methods, treatment with ammonia solution is the most profitable and easiest method that allows you to simultaneously feed onions for growth and protect against pests.