Cozy design of any recreation area, which allows you to get away from the hustle and bustle and noise – the main guarantee of pleasure and complete privacy. Whether it’s a patio or outdoor garden terrace, a large seating area with a barbecue, a cozy shelter by a pond, or a small corner of wildlife in the city, it is worth putting in some effort to create special landscaping. And at the peak of popularity today is the floristic style.
At the peak of popularity today, the floristic style of decorating a recreation area. Farmer Burea-Uinsurance.com hgtv
Tasks of the floristic design of recreation areas
Any recreation area in a garden or in an urban setting, in order to turn into an oasis of peace, privacy and comfort, needs landscaping. Even the recreation areas buried in flower beds will not become an attractive center of the garden without additional efforts. And it’s superfluous to talk about such corners in a big city: there can be no oases of peace and no oases without landscaping. Without plants and additional decor, you cannot create comfort in roof gardens, patios, or on your own loggia or balcony.
Floristic design is an approach to landscaping a recreation area that is distinguished by high style and taste, special pomp, implemented on several levels. It replaced the usual potted gardens and a collection of tubs, hanging gardens and compositions in balcony boxes, which many seem to be too boring.
The essence of this style is to treat each plant and each group of plants as living bouquets and to add elements of exquisite serving and arrangement to the decoration of your oases in a garden or a big city. Instead of using plants, accessories and decorative elements separately, floristic design suggests combining them into unified ensembles and complex visual compositions.
The floristic style in the design of any corner for relaxation is the result of the fact that the services of professional designers and florists are becoming more and more accessible. Having admired the creations of professionals who turn even a simple balsam into a real star, you no longer want to give up the perfect and thoughtful design.
Is it possible to organize the floristic decoration of the recreation area on your own?
You can recreate the professional design of the florist yourself. This option invites you to show your taste, imagination and dare to experiment, endlessly testing different combinations of materials and accessories, and take a fresh look at your favorite potted stars.
If you like to make bouquets, are fond of decor and interior design, try presenting a new floristic design to your favorite corner for relaxation.
There is nothing complicated in the floristic style. It is enough to think over the details and hide all the unattractive elements. Each plant is “presented” with additions and accessories, reveals its uniqueness, decorates containers and soil so that it seems like a perfect miracle and a living bouquet.
Elegant living bouquets and sculptures, delightful arrangements and complex combinations in practice often turn into just a few appropriately used elements. Floristic design is more of a general approach than specific strict canons.
If you want to experiment with floristic techniques, it is not necessary to force the entire space of the recreation area with bouquets and flowers. Sometimes one or two compositions are enough, which will create the same impression of designer landscaping.
Selection of plants and details for floristic decoration
If you just want to try something new, start with a small plant on your dining table that you can admire. But if you want to give the whole gardening floristic delights, you can safely decide to use the usual pot and tub in as much as you want.
If you are using more than two pot plants, divide the plants into three groups:
- soloists (large tubular, main vertical accents that will dominate the design);
- blooming stars, “responsible” for the color scheme;
- on the plants that you will place as stylistic touches and background “masses”.
There is only one “but”: it is best to experiment with floral decorations on the most reliable plants – those species and varieties that are distinguished by their unpretentiousness, endurance, resistance to diseases, pests and temperatures. After all, if a plant is capricious, even a simple addition to it of another can create stress for it and disrupt the comfortable conditions for its growth.
The easiest way is with woody and shrubs, favorite tubs, which feel great in our climate. It is enough to add a few touches and floristic tricks – and they will appear in a new light. Dwarf conifers, citrus fruits, favorite hydrangea with bougainvillea – it’s up to you to choose.
In the summer, plant the best mosses, ground covers and creeping annuals with a compact root system in near-stem circles, decorate containers or decorate them with your favorite materials, repaint the tubs, lay decorative pebbles, sisal or mulch on the soil, replace the usual support with a forged sculpture or an elaborate wicker structure. There are really a lot of options for turning the tub giant into a bright installation.
But even with smaller cultures there is something to “work on”:
- Decoration of containers. Wicker baskets and large ceramic vessels or attractive containers as external “vessels”, brightly colored wrapping paper or mats, fabric or knitted scarves, as well as pasting with materials with different decor will help turn any container into a work of art. A small cage for florariums or a glass vase are also popular options, which have many fans.
- Soil masking. Dumping options are not limited to garden mulch, aquarium soil or loose decor.
- Adding sculptural elements. Small plants enclosed in soft sisal loops, a spectacular branch or support, ornate lines of wire sculptures, a small figurine, a decorative ring or wreath, classic decor for vases “on sticks” – there are plenty to choose from. Look at the plant and decide if you want to add something interesting to its silhouette and lines or not.
- The introduction of color spots. Dried flowers or inflorescences, fresh flowers, physalis lanterns, bunches of mountain ash and viburnum, twigs with sparkling berries, panicles of cereals, bright candles next to a flowerpot, a colored substrate, ribbons or twine, braid compensate for the lack of color or emphasize its tone, adding charm compositions.
- Stylish additions. Jewelry, bright beads and garlands, unexpected pendants, fairy-tale characters or silhouettes of soaring butterflies, inscriptions and other decorative materials will help reveal the design style and your idea.
Plants in pots can be supplemented with authentic works of floristry – bouquets of fresh or dried flowers, real florariums, framed herbariums, photographs, ceramic figurines, utensils or dishes that will help reveal your idea.
What style can a floral arrangement correspond to?
You are not limited by anything in the style and colors of your floral design for the recreation area. Today monochrome, Scandinavian motives and Provence are in vogue, but it is better to choose according to your taste. A favorite color or shade, material or classic motif can serve as a source of inspiration for ideas for a wide variety of floral touches.
Trendy hi-tech, steel or glass, wood, shells and natural materials, dried flowers or berries, cones, and other gifts of nature will help you find your own ideal option and theme.
Floristic compositions can also become seasonal: dry panicles of cereals, spikelets and lanterns of physalis will emphasize the charm of an autumn terrace or roof garden, bright ribbons and pastel colors – the charm of primroses on a spring balcony, etc.