In the consumer market, the sale of vegetable crops is very common. Especially among farmers planting and growing tomatoes is revered. But, like any plant, the bush requires proper care and attention, especially in urgent crops need irrigation. Drip irrigation of tomato is one of the most effective irrigation systems, which allows you to correctly and timely introduce the necessary moisture into the soil and supply vegetables with nutrients.
Description of the method
The most optimal solution for growing vegetables in open ground or in greenhouse conditions is to drip volume watering s, then the soil will always be made to a sufficient amount of water. The essence of the method is to draw water through a hose located around the perimeter of the beds and ensure a uniform flow of water.The advantage of the method is its functionality, it not only irrigates the earth, but also frees you from the debilitating manual application of fluid to the soil. Another benefit is the fact that with the help of drip irrigation of tomatoes in a greenhouse, you can do the job twice as fast, while the water gets into all the beds in the right amount. Using such a system, it is very easy to observe the required watering mode. If you grow tomatoes in a greenhouse, drip irrigation is the best solution for you, as well as in open ground. The system is designed to water vegetables, home plants, flowers in the garden. Thanks to the automatic irrigation system, water is distributed only to the desired plants, which prevents the growth of weeds.
Rules for irrigation of cropsIn order to drip irrigation of tomatoes bring the expected benefits, you should adhere to the general recommendations irrigation when growing vegetables in a greenhouse. Tomato species grow well in moist soil, but it is necessary that the air is dry. Therefore, it is not recommended to carry out aeration of the soil immediately after irrigation - these manipulations will dry it and the desired effect will not come out. The most optimal is to fertilize the ground with freshly cut grass, such actions will retain moisture. Rules for applying the liquid:
- should be watered under the root system, the main thing is to ensure that you do not wash the rhizome with your actions;
- in order to avoid diseases, try to prevent wet leaves and stems in the greenhouse, excessive moisture may be created;
- all water procedures should be carried out in the morning;
- the liquid should be warmed up to 22-24 ° C;
- improper care can lead to excessive evaporation of moisture through the leaves, which will lead to the death of the plant;
- vegetable crops require abundant, but not frequent outside eniya liquid, to avoid dampness and festering.
Watering systemsThe dropper systems for watering vegetables can be of different types.
- Katif is a device for watering on an industrial scale, is made from a hose of elastic structure, the width of the walls should be no more than 15 mm.
- Supertyph is an external dropper with a flow rate of up to 2 liters per hour, which is designed to irrigate several beds at once. Such a device can be installed on steep slopes and not worry about excessive fluid consumption.
- Also in your personal garden you can do without any devices and make the system with your own hands, for example, plastic bottles. To do this, take a bottle, make several holes in it with an awl at a distance of 3-4 cm from the bottom and dig a container to a depth of 10-12 cm down between the plants.
- Signor automatic irrigation system Tomato drip tape, which it is calculated on 100 m of beds. It works on a battery and does not require recharging with electricity because it is powered by the sun.
Katif and SupertyphThe method of installation and operation of Katif and Supertyph droppers is very similar. In order to make an irrigation system, we need to insert droppers into the hose with our own hands:
- make holes of the right size;
- make sure that the holes are even;
- make sure that all the ducts are well connected to the holes.
Installing a homemade dropperTo make an eco-sprinkler for tomatoes on open or closed ground, you can use ordinary plastic bottles. In this case, you will do without automation and save a lot of money.
You will need to get plastic bottles per bottle Duck, it is advisable to take two-liter bottles. To begin, properly prepare the container, it must be thoroughly washed from the remnants of lemonade or other drinks.
- In the lid, make up to seven pieces of holes, cut off the bottom of the bottle.
- Dig each bottle next to the tomato bush 10 cm deep.
- Connect a hose to each tank through which water will be supplied.
By filling containers, fluid will slowly seep through the holes and feed the root system.