Compound feed for chickens is an important product whose main purpose is to feed the birds. The peculiarity of the feed in its composition, because for cooking using special mixtures that can provide a balanced and healthy diet. Do it yourself is considered to be the right and quite profitable solution for any farmer to make compound feed for laying hens.
- More about feeds
- What can be the food
- Features of feeding hens
- How to choose compound feed for hens?
- Preparation of compound feed
Firstly, the price of a home-made variant differs significantly from that of a purchased one, and secondly, as a part of compound feed there will only be proven and healthy foods. So, what you need to know for to cook the best home-made compound feed?
More about feeds
It’s no secret that the assortment of purchased compound feeds increases every year. However, the main types of feed for chickens are which are filled with the main ingredients that support the livelihoods of birds. Compound feed for laying hens should be filled with proteins and dietary fiber, chalk, ash and calcium. It is important that the compound feed contains vegetable fat, vitamins , the necessary grain and soy. However, it is necessary to remember that it is necessary to provide the chickens with a balanced diet. The daily intake of vitamins should be calculated with accuracy. Compound feed for laying hens, depending on its composition, can be based on proteins, vitamins or carbohydrates.
The first type of food is a mixture of animal fats and plant ingredients. The composition of the feed for carbohydrate type chickens is a mixture of cereals (wheat, millet, oats) and flour products. Sometimes it’s enough just to steam them. Vitamin feed contains the daily intake of vitamins and extracts from vegetables, corn, etc. Also, coniferous flour prevails in vitamin feed. Let’s take a look at well-known brands that produce vitamin and protein complex feeds for laying hens, in more detail.
- Purina is a product intended for birds of all ages, having only positive customer reviews. The only disadvantage of Purina is the high cost per bag of goods.
- Altai compound feed represents a high-quality product filled with proteins, grains, carbohydrates and vegetable fats.
- Istra PC, the composition of which is a mixture of wheat, corn , fishmeal, minerals and amino acids.
- Aleisk compound feed is not a PC. Considering the opinions of farmers, the use of this food does not comply with GOST, and, moreover, does not like winged.
- Kursk – a high-quality PC for animals, made in accordance with GOST standards.
- Gatchinsky the forage is marked by international quality certificates.
- Shuisky is not a complete feed. The advantage of the brand is cheap goods.
What kind of feed can be
Choose a particular complete feed will help the rating of compound feeds or reviews of experienced poultry farmers. Based on the form of compound feed for laying hens, it can be presented in 3 versions.
- Dry. Dry PC for chickens is filled with all the necessary nutrients, moreover, it is presented on the market in a huge assortment. Making such a feed with your own hands is not difficult, but you can buy it in loose form or as cereal. You can’t give more than 120 g of dry food per day. Often it is used to feed factory birds in order to protect them from obesity. However, it is still believed that it is best to give preference to feed made at home, as the purchased ones are of low quality and a small composition of necessary and important components.
- Wet (mash). Such chicken feed can often be made independently. The composition of the wet feed for laying hens includes grains, cereals, bran and hay flour. At will, it is filled with pumpkin, beets, carrots. As a liquid base, use ordinary warm water or heated whey in a ratio of 1 to 3. The composition of summer compound feeds includes green grass, and there should be a lot of it in order to provide laying hens with the necessary amount of vitamins. In winter, this or that vitamin can replace fish oil for birds.Feeding wet feed should be calculated so that the chicken can eat the norm in one hour.
- Combined. Feeding with mixed feed for laying hens is a fairly common occurrence. The composition of such feed ingredients from dry and wet types. Chickens can eat it up to 120 g per day.
Regardless of the choice, chickens need to be given food based on norms and necessary proportions. This is the case when a large number of useful components can do much harm.
Features of feeding hens
Before you consider the technology for preparing feed yourself, you need to consider the rate of feeding laying hens. So, one chicken can eat up to 150 g of feed per day. In the summer, when the bird eats green and succulent food additionally, the norm is increased by 20 g. It is important to take into account the age of the laying hen, which can be achieved by a special table.
Young growth eats more and needs more feeding with grain and vitamins than adult laying hens . For young laying hens, special feeds filled with proteins and metabolic substances are used. Feeding with compound feed will be beneficial only if the necessary proportions are observed. It is believed that if a chicken eats more than expected, there is a risk of a decrease in egg production.
How to choose mixed feed for hens?
It is believed that the best choice for laying hens will be to purchase mixed feed in granules PC- one.It does not need to be steamed or brewed, as it is made in such a way that it is ready for use without cooking. Feeding with this compound feed is considered to be leading and popular. They deserve popularity and recognition, because the food consists only of:
- sunflower meal and oil;
- limestone and meat and bone meal ;
- fodder yeast;
- sodium chloride;
Wheat in a percentage ratio of more than 60%. The composition of the feed KK-1 is less useful and nutritious, in comparison with the previously described, therefore it is better to refuse it, growing healthy laying hens. Compound feed recipe for laying hens KK-1 is a small fraction of bran with a clear lack of plant components such as barley, wheat, and bagasse. Instead of buying such food, it is better to make food yourself.
You can feed the chickens developed by the premix. In its pure form, of course, it is not consumed, but the premix is suitable for mixing with ordinary food in order to replenish the supply of vitamins. the composition of the premix from the manufacturer helps to improve egg production, because the shell becomes stronger, and the immunity of the chicken increases significantly. It is worth noting the presence of all the necessary vitamins of different groups: A, B, C, H, K. In addition, a lot of magnesium-calcium elements are included in one pack of premix.
DIY feed for laying hens, despite all the advantages of purchased products, is still the safest option for feeding. You will not only provide quality raw materials to the birds, but you will also be confident in their health. How to cook compound feed at home?
Preparation of compound feeds
The best recipe for home compound feeds for chickens has not yet been found, therefore, several existing popular options will be discussed below, the preparation of which will not be difficult at home. To calculate how many ingredients per 1 kg is needed, a calculator will be needed.
- The recipe with a 1 percent premix. sow 64% of wheat grain with 5% meat and bone meal. Next, the products are diluted with sunflower oil and fodder yeast (2-2.5% each). 0.7% soda and 0.1% salt are added. The mixture is combined with 7.5% grains flour and 17.5% of sunflower meal. At the end of cooking, add a premix.
- A recipe that includes half a kilogram of wheat, about 300 g of barley, bran and sunflower meal in the amount of 100 g. About 50 are added to the ingredients. g meat and bone meal and a little less sunflower oil. It is not superfluous to add 60 g of shell, chalk, salt (not more than 3 g) and 1 gram of premix.
- Bean-cereal recipe that modifies the standard chicken diet. Make such a feed is easy. It is necessary to separately prepare up to 45% of corn and up to 7% – peas. Add wheat to barley (1-12% each), mix with sunflower meal (7%).The resulting mixture is diluted with 2% grass meal, 6% fish and meat and bone meal, 2% chalk. Unlike previous recipes, here cooking completes edible salt up to 2 tsp. and 0.5 tsp soda.
Now you know everything about how to cook compound feed for laying hens with your own hands. As it turned out, this is not an impossible task, and therefore even a beginner in breeding chickens will cope with it. Remember that poultry needs a nutritious and wholesome diet no less than any other living thing, therefore its feeding should be as useful as possible. Well, which recipe for laying hens to use is up to you!