It’s hard to meet at least one farm without cows or calves. Firstly, these are excellent suppliers of delicious dairy products, and secondly, sources of nutritious and expensive meat. A hornless cow is an animal that is not often found on a farm, but it is exceptional and special among cattle.
- Why do they become such
- Russian representatives
- Aberdeen-Angus representatives
- Iowa cows
A hornless cow is a hornless representative of cattle. The so-called growths replace horns for such pets. The absence of horns does not make livestock inferior or unhealthy, because such a physiological feature can be connected with a number of n Richin.
Before proceeding to the description of hornless species, it should be noted that not only cows, but also a number of other animals can be such. means a lump or a small bulge that is located on a tree or plant. In view of the similarity of the lump, instead of the horns in animals, they also began to call chipped. A hornless cow has small horny tubercles on its head.
The main reasons why an animal may be such are:
- the influence of a person who often independently removes horns in order to protect himself from injuries and other troubles;
- the influence of genetics when a cow does not have horns from birth;
- the acquisition of cows by a cow due to crossbreeding.
Modern livestock breeding is famous for its bold experiments and a number of ongoing breeding work. So, as a result of one of them, livestock breeders were able to derive an artificial species of animals of a homogeneous species. Despite the fact that this feature is artificial, it has long been considered an innate trait that is inherited.
Why do they become so
occurs at a deep gene level. A certain combination of genes leads to the fact that the breed turns out to be hornless. Since the “hornless” gene is dominant, the generation of 2 hornless animals will also be hornless. The next will have rudimentary horns, and the third will distribute representatives of both species among themselves, but hornless ones will dominate the horned ones. Interestingly, a hornless cow is much cheaper than ordinary cattle.
The following representatives are called hornless cows:
- Russian hornless cow is the breed considered the most prominent representative of the species;
- Swedish breed;
- East Finnish breed.
About how the state in question was obtained, as well as the main differences of all representatives, can be found further.
In order to know the Russian hornless bull, you don’t need to specifically their skills and abilities, as it is purely black breed without any inclusions and light markings.Black hornless has meat growing direction. It was bred by crossing the Aberdeen and Kalmyk breed. The Russian hornless cow is appreciated for its good adaptability to climatic conditions, the influence of the external environment, and resistance to various diseases. In total, the breed is about 8,000 heads. According to the external characteristics, the cows of the Russkaya Komolaya breed are distinguished by their large size and good body constitution. The physique of a Russian hornless cow surpasses even Aberdeen in terms of parameters.
The distinctive characteristics of a black hornless bull are as follows:
- the only Russian meat breed of cattle;
- Russian heifers and gobies tall and give a large increase in live weight, putting off less fat than imported peers;
- a hornless bull is distinguished by a rectangular body shape, straight back, wide, developed and large backside. The skin of a hornless bull is considered thin and quite elastic;
- the live weight of a full-aged animal is about 550 kg, while one goby reaches a weight of 1100 kg.
Biological value meat obtained as a result of such successful crossing is much higher than the meat products of others. The meat of Russian horned cattle is considered dietary and maximum protein.
The Swedish breed is represented by cows that have a meat direction. Breeding takes place around the world. Below we consider the main features of the breed.
- Meat breed with appropriate appearance. The bull and heifer have a rather round body with short legs. Animals have a heavy head, which is in line with the neck and shoulders. Representatives have a strong waist with large hips.
- They are not considered as large cows as Russians, because their weight does not exceed 950 kg.
- They are distinguished by a thin skeleton.
- Meat products are distinguished by very thin layers of fat (according to this criterion, Russians also win). 60% of meat can be obtained from one cow.
- Crossbreeding with other breeds leads to the transfer of all basic meat qualities.
Black Aberdeens are common enough for breeding. Animals are resistant to low temperatures, and also tolerate changes in climate that the Russians adopted from them.
Not enough meat and not dairy breed. Iowa cows are decorative. They are not horned, and also have no udder, although all other traits indicate that the animal is typical representatives of cattle. Other features of the breed include a small head with a short neck, the presence of a flat back and scruff, an elevated back, and an elongated tail. The animal hair color is also peculiar: often representatives of the breed are called plush because of the soft, delicate and long coat, which is difficult to maintain without special skills.