Iranian pigeons are considered one of the oldest breeds of pigeons. There are legends that all pigeons of the world went from this species. They flew from Persia 7,000 years ago. Birds have unique characteristics: they can fly high into the sky, circulate for a long time, but their most important advantage is grace and wing-fighting during the flight. Iranian war pigeons are very much appreciated all over the world, they say that such best-bred birds are worth a fortune.–noindex ->
- Characteristic view
- A bit about the appearance
- Characteristic of the flight
- Existing species of birds
Characteristics of the species
Iranian pigeons do not have any clear borders but they have generalized standards of appearance:
- the body is longer than that of other representatives of different families of pigeons, 34-36 cm;
- the head has a narrowed shape, it can be round or oval: Iranian pigeons often have a smooth head shape, but there are such specimens that they have a crest from birth;
- a long beak is one of distinctive features of the species – can reach up to 2.5 cm;
- wing – 30 cm, maybe less, but only a couple of centimeters;
- wing span reaches up to 62 cm;
- unlike other birds, the militant Iranian pigeons have a longer tail (10-13 cm), thicker (12 tail feathers);
- body diameter from 24 to 36 cm;
- legs are smooth and long (9-12 cm), but meet ayutsya pigeons with Cosmo and short legs.
The skeleton and body structure are very dense, musculature is well developed, since the bird spends enough time in the sky, because of this the musculature on the chest is clearly visible. The plumage of the bird fits well to the body, feathers do not fade. The species itself has one more distinguishing feature: almost all feathered and cheeky birds.
A little bit about the appearance
Iranian headed pigeons come in a variety of colors and shades. Specialists cannot give a specific color that would indicate that they are representatives of the Iranian breed. Often you can find pigeons of this species yellow, white, lilac, black or red. These are only those colors that are often found. Of all the possible combinations of colors and colors, the most prized are:
- a combination of a white body and colored wings;
- tailed tails: when the tail differs in color from the entire plumage of the bird;
- with a pattern of ringlets around the neck (colored rings);
- with multi-colored heads (black-headed, red-headed, etc.);
- having a colored body and a white head;
- when the tail and head are the same color;
- monophonic cheeked birds.
The listed species do not change color with age, the process of molting or growing up they are not cries. Pigeon breeders do not pay attention to the color of the pigeon when breeding, because only in the west of Iran they are very responsible for the color selection of birds for breeding.In the photo on the Internet you can often see white representatives from the west of Iran.
Iranian pigeons are militant species of rocks. When they fly and flap their wings, they emit a characteristic sound that resembles clicks, it can be heard even if the bird is high in the sky. The average flight time of birds reaches more than 10 hours. If for some reason a pigeon cannot fly for more than 3 hours, it is considered that this bird is “defective”. These tall white creatures have incredible wing power. The flight of birds itself is slow and smooth, but at the same time they can very quickly gain the desired height. The uniqueness of this breed is that pigeons can linger for a long time in one place in the sky.
In addition, pigeons have different flight styles, which affects the designation of the value of an instance. It is the Iranian militants that fly especially spectacularly.
- Waves are very fast, clear and strong, birds can quickly fly high into the sky. Birds can easily cope with gusts of wind, but their special battle is practically inaudible. Flying and its shape are not amazing, so such instances are practically not appreciated, they are immediately categorized as “marriage.”
- Birds rush sharply up into the sky, accompanied by a strong beating of wings. After the feathered bird has gained the height he needs, he does a few “somersaults” in the sky and continues to fly further.This type of flight is called pole flight.
- The bird rushes sharply into the sky, flies vertically, but is still spinning around its axis. It is very exciting to watch such a flight style, since then the pigeon can still frolic and somersault in the sky. Such flights are difficult for birds, so they get tired very quickly. Flights of this type can endure only the strongest representatives of this breed. It is they who are valued the most.
The price of the Iranian dove will depend on such factors. The main thing is that the dead birds return home, because finding the right path under any circumstances is another important quality inherent in pigeons of this breed. Only the bird that most often returned to the dovecote or landed should win the competition. To do this, they train the militants, the birds are released from the hands immediately next to the dovecote. Such trainings take place early in the morning, first they release birds that already have experience in returning home, then younger specimens. In Iran, they even created a special system to teach the bird to fly beautifully and make turns in flight, as well as to make a good fight with wings.
Existing species of birds
Today, the fighting are divided into several different subspecies. Tehran have their own unique body structure, they are more like hawks in the sky. The total wingspan can reach a value of 71 cm. Their beak is small, short, their head is round, smooth.Feathered species of such a species are shaky.
Tibrizi in appearance are very similar to Baku pigeons. An elongated torso, a small head with an elongated neck. The colorist is the most diverse.
Hamandans have an unusual plumage of their paws. The feather can be larger than 19 cm. They come in different colors, with crests on the head and without them.
Iranian red-headed pigeons
You can buy such a breed not only in Iran, but also where they have taken root: Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan. Iranians are birds that will always delight you with amazing flights, because being able to fly very high in the sky is their calling.