turkey eggs practically do not differ in their useful properties from chicken and goose eggs. The Spaniards began to use them, because often the egg-laying turkey is called Spanish chicken.
- General information about turkey eggs
- Composition of turkey egg
- Restrictions on use
- Features of use
General information about turkey eggs
Turkey imported from America carries eggs that are the closest to chicken in consumer properties, but at least turkey and chicken eggs in many ways similar, turkeys have their own characteristics in the description :
- the average weight is about 70 maximum 75 grams, and if you look at the photo and the video, the first thing that catches your eye turkey eggs are about one and a half times larger than chicken , at the same time, the weight of eggs laid by young turkeys is slightly less than that of adults,
- due to the higher content of vitamin-mineral complex and incoming amino acids in the egg, the usefulness of turkey eggs is greater than chicken eggs,
- eggshell is quite dense, but loose in structure, light cream from enka with those present on the surface of small dark specks, and the color of the shell is lighter than younger turkey.
turkey eggs are not sold through retail chains. You can buy them only from farmers who breed turkeys.Depending on the breed of turkeys, the egg production of poultry can be in the range of 25 to 50 pieces per year, which justifies how much they cost sellers.
Composition of turkey eggs
The hypoallergenic yolks with protein, valuable in their composition, belong to the diet menu, they are a klondike of minerals and vitamins, therefore they are recommended for inclusion in food not only for adults, they should be given to a child to eat, but there is benefit and harm in them. The dietary benefits and benefits of a turkey egg are almost on par with those obtained from quail and guinea fowl:
- regular use can favorably affect the functioning of the human nervous system, brain activity,
- turkey eggs along with the B vitamins included in it increase the body’s resistance and accelerate the course of metabolic processes, relieve fatigue and normalize sleep,
- inclusion of turkey egg products with a high content of vitamin D in the diet By helping children under the age of one year they can prevent rickets and osteoporosis,
- for problems with high levels of gastric acidity, the use of raw proteins and yolks can envelop the digestive walls, reducing pain thresholds and normalizing the acidity of gastric juice,
- the phosphorus contained in the egg with calcium regenerates and strengthens the skeletal system, while vitamin A serves as an aid to vision.
For cosmetic purposes, turkey eggs have useful properties to strengthen nails and hair, and the binding of free radicals E helps maintain the beauty of the skin. In dietetics, they are recommended for saturating the body with protein components, they are eaten during the task to normalize excess weight and strengthen muscle mass.
Calorie content in an egg is about 170-171 kilocalories per 100 grams of product.
In turkey scientists found high cholesterol levels in an egg, but they are inclined to believe that its properties are different from those that carry fatty foods that are harmful to the body, and with In accordance with the recommended consumption standards, the risk of atherosclerosis is minimized.
It is believed that the most useful product is the turkey when it sat on the nest in the summer, in such conditions its main diet is provided with fresh herbs.
Restrictions on consumption
When eating healthy turkey yolks and proteins, restrictions on their quantity should be observed, since the main nutritional value is distributed mainly between proteins and fats:
- protein component – 13.7 g
- fat component – 11.9 g,
- carbohydrates – 1.1 g,
- ash – 0.8 g,
- water – 73 gr.
Thus, diet turkey eggs are a food product with a rather high percentage of fat and low levels of incoming carbohydrates. It can be put on the list of products that, with increased amounts of consumption, can cause harm and cause the appearance of extra pounds. The recommended amount, safe for weight, is not more than two to three pieces per week.
In extremely rare cases, hypoallergenic turkey eggs can cause the body to react to its components, which are not individually tolerated.
Among other situations where a turkey egg product can harm the body:
- violation of the processes of splitting of protein components and the renal-hepatic diseases resulting from this,
- poor digestibility of products.
Features of use niya
In a turkey’s egg you can find one of the ingredients for preparing many dishes:
- you can make omelets and poached with it,
- it is used in desserts and cocktails,
- it is added to salads and pastries.
A delicious dietary egg product is consumed both raw and fried and boiled.
When used in home cooking, its safety is of no small importance. Due to the fact that the eggshell has a rather loose structure, this product is stored away from smoked meats, fish, onions and citrus fruits, from which the egg can absorb odors. To reduce the absorption of extraneous odors, egg shells, some housewives, during storage, process a mixture of sunflower and linseed oil with paraffin or place the egg for a while in a solution of salt.
To increase the shelf life of unused yolks, it is enough to fill them with cold water and put in the refrigerator.
In many cases, turkey eggs on a private farm act as incubation material when the turkeys sit to hatch offspring. Suitable for such purposes are those that have the correct shape and smooth shell, without damage, which have been translucent by ovoscope or analyzed visually for the quality of the yolk.