Turkeys are very demanding on the conditions of detention, and are also subject to many diseases. For this reason, it is recommended to use drugs that support their health and contribute to the normal development of the body. Breeders decide how to solder turkey poultry based on the general condition of the birds, as well as the characteristics of the breed.
- Why solder turkey poults
- Features of drinking turkey poultry
- What and how to drink turkey poultry
- Preventive preparations for drinking turkey poultry
- How to solder turkey poultry if they get sick
Why solder turkey poults
Even if the breeder adheres to all necessary requirements regarding the diet and conditions of young animals are possible bird age. This is due to the fact that turkeys are susceptible to intestinal as well as infectious diseases . The herd stock can be significantly reduced due to paratyphoid, pullorosis, infectious sinusitis or banal diarrhea. The bird begins to lag behind in growth or even die. In such cases, the hosts resort to watering.
Soldering allows you to:
- increase the survival of chicks by 60-65%;
- grow quickly and gain weight;
- strengthen immunity;
- increase appetite;
- increase activity of the bird.
Features of the grazing Willow turkey poultry But it is better to start with prevention.
Any preparation should be given to the bird according to a clear pattern, especially antibiotics. Their unsystematic intake does not produce any results, but only destroys the intestinal microflora, causing constipation or diarrhea.
The scheme is strictly individual for each breed of turkeys. It also depends on the health of the parents of turkey poults, the quality of food, the amount of lighting and the conditions of detention . Based on these factors, a specific scheme for drinking turkey poultry is being developed.
How and how to drink turkey poultry
Aids are introduced to young animals starting from the first days of their life, even if the offspring looks strong and healthy. Some farmers refuse to take medications, arguing that such an intervention negatively affects the quality of meat and eggs.
How to solder turkey poults in the first days of life depends on the breed and the state of the chicks. Birds need:
- Mineral and vitamin complexes. They contribute to the growth and strengthening of immunity. Such drugs provide the growing body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Begin the reception in the first days of life. The course is about a week. Vitamins of group B, which are part of the complexes, establish the process of assimilation of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, thereby contributing to the growth of muscle mass and skeleton. Vitamin D is the prevention of rickets in young chicks. Vitamins A and E improves enzymatic and hormonal synthesis.
- Antibiotics inhibit the development of pathogenic microflora. Taking these drugs in the early days of life reduces the risk of developing diseases and epidemics among the turkey population. It is worth being careful with antibiotics and drinking turkey according to a certain scheme, otherwise taking these drugs can cause dysbiosis.
- Immunomodulators help strengthen the immune system and increase the body’s resistance to infections. Taking these drugs allows you to grow a strong and healthy livestock of turkeys.
- Probiotics are used in combination with antibiotics to prevent the development of candidiasis and dysbiosis in young turkeys. Also, these funds improve the digestive system during the first month of life.
There is a certain schedule that must be followed to get healthy young animals. Some breeders resort to taking antibiotics on the first day of the chicks’ life, but this is wrong. A turkey is born with a sterile intestine, which is colonized with beneficial bacteria for several days. They are directly involved in the digestion process, so their presence is so important for the body. Antibiotics tend to suppress not only pathogenic bacteria, but also those that are normally found in the intestines of the bird. For this reason, the optimal period for drinking turkey with antibiotics is 3-5 days of life.
The main mortality among chicks is observed on days 12-14, which means that by this time it is better to finish the first course of antibiotics and, if necessary, start the second. Also, regardless of the age and condition of the chicks, it is better to add potassium permanganate in a small amount to the water so that the water turns slightly pink. Drinking a saturated color, can burn the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and esophagus. In addition to potassium permanganate, during a cold snap or an outbreak of respiratory diseases among poultry, it is recommended to add a couple of drops of iodine to the water. For the same purpose, chicks can be drunk with iodinol.
Preventive preparations for drinking turkey poults
In order to properly drink chicks and get healthy offspring, you need to know which drugs should be given. The correct intake schedule and its strict adherence will help the poultry breeder keep the livestock.
Farmazin is released in the form of a white powder. It is mixed with water and the containers with the solution are placed in the shade, since the active substance decomposes under direct sunlight. Use 1 gram of powder per 1 liter of water. The drug is given according to the scheme 1-3 days, 28-29 days, 57-58 days. It has a detrimental effect on streptococci, staphylococci, microptasmas and clostridia.
Baytril is a very effective drug for controlling bacteria, as well as salmonella. The drug is available in the form of a light yellow solution. The course of soldering young animals with the medicine is as follows: 3-5 milliliters 0.5 milliliters per 1 liter of water, 17-18 days 0.5 milliliters per 1 liter of water, and on the 55th day 1 milliliter per 1 liter of water.
Amprolium is used to prevent coccidiosis, a dangerous disease for young turkeys. It spreads rapidly and contributes to the mortality of the entire herd. The drug is available in the form of a white or slightly yellowish powder. It has a rather specific taste, thereby scaring away the chicks from water, for this reason it is preferable to add it to the feed. Starting from the second week of life, add 3 grams of powder per 10 kilograms of feed for 7 days. Repeatedly, the drug is introduced into the food from 43 to 49 days.
Levometsitin and tetracycline antibiotics, which can be purchased at a regular pharmacy. They are in no way inferior to specialized veterinary drugs, but they cost significantly less, which reduces the cost of growing poultry. 1 tablet is diluted in 1 liter of water. In order for the medicine to completely dissolve it must be thoroughly ground in a mortar. They are not recommended to drink turkey poultry in the early days, they inject drugs from 1 to 2 weeks.
Metronidazole is a universal means for feeding young animals. Apply it from 21 days as a prevention of histomoniasis.This dangerous disease is practically untreatable and leads to the death of most or even all of the livestock. The main method of combating histomoniasis is its prevention. To do this, 0.5 grams of the drug is dissolved in 1 liter of turkey drink. The course is 9 days. Re-soldering of birds begins on day 41.
Vetom is a probiotic that helps preserve the intestinal microflora while taking antibiotics. It also stimulates humoral and cellular immunity. It is introduced into the water in drinking bowls while the livestock are fed with antibiotics.
Chiktonik is a complex preparation. It contains the daily norm of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, thereby contributing to the proper development of turkey poults in the first 3-4 months of life. This vitamin complex also acts as an appetite stimulant and improves feather health.
Glucose is used to increase the viability of chicks in the early days. It costs a penny, but is actively used by breeders to drink turkey poultry.
Iodinol is an excellent tool to increase the body’s immune powers. It is rarely given in its pure form, more often a few drops are diluted in a liter of boiled water or saline. Iodinol is used to solder turkey poults from the first day of their life.
How to solder turkey poults if they are ill
If timely prevention of turkey poults was not carried out and the bird became ill, it is urgent to take measures, to eliminate the cause and symptoms.The first manifestation of most diseases in the first 2-3 months of the life of the chicks is diarrhea , and refusal of food. The turkey becomes lethargic, most of the time sleeping or sitting separately from the rest of the herd. There are several differences by which you can recognize a sick chick among his healthy counterparts. If you look closely, the difference becomes noticeable even to an inexperienced poultry farmer.
You need to pay attention to:
- Fluff, if we are talking about daily chicks, must be dry. A sticky or dull edge is a sign of turkey soreness.
- The abdomen should be tightened, if the abdomen is too soft and swollen, then the chick suffers from digestive problems.
- The goiter of well-fed turkeys is slightly swollen, but you can palpate the dense food inside him. If the goiter is inflated, but there is no food in it, then such turkey poults will not live for a long time.
- The anus in healthy chicks is always clean and dry, but if the turkey is sick, the feathers and fluff around the cloaca are stained with excrement.
- The presence of wounds indicates cannibalism among the livestock. The turmoil in turkeys suggests that the bird was kept in unsuitable conditions for it, and also had a nutrient deficiency in the diet.
- Tousled feathers and the presence of bald patches may indicate skin parasites – poohooters.
A sick chick needs to be deposited and drunk with Iodinol, this will help relieve intestinal inflammation. Then within 3-5 days it is soldered with Metronidazole, and Chikotnik in accordance with the instructions. Daily turkey pork solder in case of emergency Beiril. The rest of the livestock also needs to be consumed with these drugs, since most poultry diseases are contagious and easily transmitted from one individual to another.