The potato has good taste that made it popular in cooking. Cultivation consists of planting, care and harvesting. A manual plow for hilling potatoes is used in small areas where it is irrational to use large equipment.
- The purpose of the hilling
- Using the manual hiller
- Disk hiller
- Operating rules
- Self assembly of the manual okuchnika
The purpose of hilling
Hilling potatoes is performed to:
- loosening the soil;
- increasing access of water and moisture to the roots;
- accelerating the formation of tubers;
- increase yield.
In Carrying out the earthing up during planting increases the yield by 25%. It is useful to carry out the procedure only in regions with high humidity to remove stagnant liquid. Planting in a dry climate does not require an operation. rake. It does not require financial investments, but it takes a lot of time and effort. To speed up the process, use a manual plow.
Use a manual hiller
Advantages of a manual hoe plow:
- collapsible design;
- compact size;
- ease of use and maintenance;
- maneuverability and versatility;
- the ability to process the site for one person;
- low cost.
Using a hand tool is effective only in small areas where it is not possible to use light and heavy agricultural equipment. In large areas, the tool gives low productivity and requires a lot of effort.
There are 2 types of manual spouts:
- working tool in the form of a paw;
The classic hiller has a V-shaped working share. It is mounted on a metal frame with wheels. For management, a rack with a handle is provided. It allows you to adjust the direction of movement and the depth of processing. Adjusting holes are also provided at different heights from the ground into which the tool is mounted.
The manual disc plow for hilling potatoes (plow) consists of:
- 2 screw lanyards for adjusting the movement of discs;
- of a blade blade.
When planting potatoes, a manual disk plow is used in the process of caring for potatoes and during processing after harvesting. The distance between the rows is measured to adjust the working width.
Manual disk plow-ridgers are also mounted on a frame with a movable part to facilitate movement. The optimum diameter of the wheel is 65 cm and the width is 15 cm. The width of the processing of disk plows is from 5 to 25 cm.
When cultivating potatoes with a manual plow-hiller, the following rules are followed:
- Regularity. Potatoes need to be cultivated 2 times a season. The first procedure is carried out a month after planting, when the first shoots appeared. The second is carried out when the height of the plant reaches 18-20 cm. If the flowers have opened, carry out the hilling process late.
- Selection of time. Processing potatoes are in cloudy weather. An early morning or evening is also suitable. For the best effect, wait until it rains, the hilling is carried out after it.
- Avoidance of heat. Sunlight will damage the plants.
Self-assembly of a manual hiller
To make a manual plow, you need:
- 1 m inch metal pipe;
- thin tube for traction;
- steel plates 2-2.5 mm thick;
- welding machine;
- a grinder with a metal disc;
A self-made plow will come out several times cheaper than purchased. For proper manufacturing, you need to know the exact dimensions. The height comes from the height of the one who will work with the plow. The width of the device is 40-50 cm.
The body is prepared from metal pipes. Thick serves as the basis of the body, while thin connects all segments. No need to take heavy pieces of metal: a massive tool is difficult to work with.
The working plow is made of steel plates with pointed edges. Also, the disk hiller is made by replacing the paw with metal circles. For him, you will additionally need a mounting bracket and a cam mechanism. Lids from old pots are taken as the basis of the working body.
Hilling potatoes is an important step in the care.For successful cultivation, weed spacing and destroy pests: weeds spread infections and make plant nutrition difficult.
Hand-held plows are also used to cut harrows when planting. They are converted into a cartoprooper or propolnik.