Potatoes are considered one of the most popular vegetables in the world. Many delicious dishes are prepared from it. It is customary to serve as a side dish to meat or fish, and also add to soups, bake, stew, boil and cook chips. Many nutritionists claim that it is potatoes that are very useful for the human body and are of great benefit. Vitamins in potato and in its peel have a fairly high percentage.To date, breeders around the world have been able to produce more than 7 thousand varieties of potatoes. So what is the value of this product and how many useful substances are there?
- Nutritional Information of Potato
- Vitamin Content
- The constituent minerals
- Benefits for humans
- Harm to humans
The nutritional value of the potato
The potato contains a large number of in vitamins, so not for nothing that it is replaced bread. Also, the root crop contains a considerable amount of useful substances that help to quickly saturate the human body. It is enough for a person to eat a few boiled potatoes to saturate the body for a long period of time. The potato contains a sufficient amount of amino acids, plant sugars, sterols and trace elements. They have a beneficial effect on providing the body with proteins. Moreover, due to them, the work of the whole organism is established.
The number of calories in a potato depends on the method of preparation.The calorie content of boiled potatoes is the least, about 80 units per 100 g of weight. If you bake potatoes, then such a dish is considered high-calorie, and in this regard, it can quickly saturate the body and establish the work of many of its systems. This applies to the brain, stomach and intestines.
Many nutritionists tend to think that boiled potatoes in their skins are much healthier than any other, as it has many essential vitamins, minerals and low calories. As for fried potatoes, it is extremely undesirable to use it for those people who are on a diet.
Many people don’t know, but in one potatoes contain as much acid as one orange. Therefore, for the body to have enough vitamin C for exactly one day, it is enough for a person to eat 400 g of potatoes. In addition, the fruit itself and its peel is rich in beta-carotene, which has high antioxidant qualities and acids. Because of this, many nutritionists recommend eating jacket potatoes. 100 g contains a huge number of vitamins and minerals, for example, renitol in an amount of 0.003 mg, thiamine – only 0.2 mg, riboflavin – 0.07, nicoic, pantothenic and folic acid.
The potato contains a large amount of potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. To have enough of these elements for a day, you can eat 200-300 g of product.But also a person should know that those fruits that have been lying all winter have fewer vitamins and minerals. Therefore, it is better to buy fresh vegetables. 100 g of tubers contains such a number of vitamins:
- 570 potassium, 5 sodium;
- 60 phosphorus;
- 58 chlorine, 0.2 copper;
- 30 sulfur, 0.1 iron;
- 23 magnesium, 0.1 molybdenum;
- mcg, 0.1 boron.
Benefits for humans
In any form and in its own way root crops will be useful for the body.
- If the vegetable is baked, then such a dish will be very useful and nutritious. At the time of preparation, the flesh, which is immediately under the skin, consists of nutrients. If a person eats the same amount of potatoes as an orange or currant, then he will receive the same number of nutrients. It is better to cook baked potatoes with the peel, but wash it thoroughly beforehand, because during the cultivation the tubers were processed with various chemicals.
- Boiled root vegetables are advised to be eaten by those who often suffer from disorders of the intestines and stomach. The fiber content during cooking is not lost, but rather increases several times. It restores the work of the stomach, calms and embraces all internal organs, and thereby protects against various injuries.
- Ash elements, which are in large quantities in the product, have a strong effect. They absorb and remove all harmful substances from the body. If the root crop is boiled in a peel, then thanks to its vitamins and minerals you can easily overcome colds. Any person from a young age knows how the root crop acts correctly during an illness. Therefore, often people use inhalation, which cleanses the nose, throat and completely relieves inflammation.
- Often people make potato juice from raw fruits, because it gives the body good benefits. Homemade potato drink contains over 30 vitamins. It contains a high level of ascorbic acids, tocopherols and B vitamins. They not only protect the body and increase its strength, but also expel heavy and harmful elements from it, such as salts, toxins, poisons.
Doctors strongly advise drinking juice to people who suffer from ulcers and hypertension. The drink has analgesic and antiseptic properties, and also heals damage and inflammation.
Harm to humans
Fruits can simultaneously contain nutritional value and be useful, but also poison a person. But you should not panic right away, because the poison is in the green parts of the plant, in the stems and foliage. Green vegetable tops have a large number of toxins, such as corned beef and alkaloid. These elements can kill any insect.In this way, the plant protects itself from various pests that like to eat root crops.
It is also worth knowing that there are also such insects that are not afraid of any poison, for example, Colorado beetles. It happens that solanine passes to root crops, but only to those that have been lying outdoors for quite some time, under the sun and begin to rot. Therefore, it is forbidden to eat such fruits. To know that poison has appeared is easy, the tuber turns green. It is undesirable to eat vegetables with a large number of starch for those people who suffer from intestinal diseases. Diabetics and those with low acidity are not allowed to drink potato juice.
The potato contains a huge number of vitamins and minerals, the poet It’s not only allowed to eat it, but it is also useful to do it. A few boiled fruits are enough to make the body feel full for a long period. It is very beneficial to eat potatoes with the skin, since it contains all the nutrients, but it is washed thoroughly beforehand . If a person is on a diet, he needs to consult a nutritionist before consuming potatoes.
Root crops will be useful to many people who suffer from diseases of the digestive tract. But it is also worth knowing that vegetables can become a poison for diabetics.Root crops are able to restore the work of the whole organism and give a person a lot of strength and energy.