Potato is one of the most popular vegetable crops in the world. However, for high yields, sometimes not enough stable watering and cutting of bushes. Not every soil is ideal for growing this crop, so farmers add additional fertilizer for potatoes in spring and autumn.
- Fertilization rules in the fall
- Soil preparation
- Organic fertilizers
- Minerals and siderates
- Normalization of acidity
- Rules for top dressing in spring
- Mixes <
- How to choose a mixture
- Extra-seasonal fertilizing
- Types of off-season fertilizers
- Mineral solutions for soil
Sou There are many types of top dressing that will allow you to get a plentiful crop and improve its quality. However, there are restrictions on the timing and quantity of fertilizer, since excess nutrients can adversely affect plants.
Fertilizing rules in autumn
Virgin soil is the ideal soil in the first year of development. But you can also use areas where a year earlier they grew:
- root crops;
It is not recommended to use the soil after planting nightshade or sunflowers. These crops consume more of the minerals that potatoes require.
Feeding is applied to the soil not only throughout the growing season, but also during soil preparation.
Combines different types of fertilizing for fertilizing . Most often, the soil is enriched with a mixture of agrochemicals and nutrients of organic origin. For autumn processing of 1 m² of field it is recommended to use the following components:
- 6 five-liter buckets of manure or compost;
- 30 g of superphosphate;
- 15 g of potassium sulfate.
Pure agrochemicals can also be used as fertilizer. This enrichment method is suitable for contaminated land. Manure and litter can become a favorable habitat for harmful insects, in particular, bear and Colorado potato beetle.
Minerals and siderates
It is also recommended to bring potassium and superphosphate to the ground in autumn double size. Potato consumes these minerals in large quantities.
After harvesting, it is advisable to sow siderata on the field.
The best option for planting is white mustard. This plant reaches the desired height in three weeks, after which the cold will not allow the mustard to spray over the field. During digging, this plant mixes with the ground and becomes a natural fertilizer for potatoes.
Digging is an important part of soil preparation, which allows fertilizing to be absorbed as much as possible into the ground. If a tractor was used to process the soil, then the soil must be plowed after. Using a walk-behind tractor, clay soil is treated twice, and sandy type – once.
The manual method is used to the depth of the bayonet of the middle shovel. Clods of soil do not need to be broken – this will increase the chance of frostbite of weeds and larvae of harmful insects.
Normalization of acidity
Increased acidity in the earth is also normalized during autumn soil preparation. For the balance of trace elements, the following components are used:
- dolomite flour;
Substances follows apply in the amount of 200 g per 1 m². The acidity level can be checked by the color of the earth or plants.
The acidity of the soil is expressed in the blue color of the earth. In addition, sorrel and moss are actively growing on such soil.
Feeding rules in spring
First of all, a good outflow of melt water should be ensured, since their stagnation affects potatoes badly . Also, excess moisture can cause the breakdown of minerals and nutrients that this crop needs. That is why, in the presence of a high level of groundwater, it is recommended to plant the plant on the ridge.
Nitrogen fertilizing is the best fertilizer for potatoes in spring.The largest amount of nitrogen is found in animal manure, but for better yield it should be mixed with mineral additives.
There are several methods for combining mixtures. Among them, the most popular can be distinguished:
- 8 kg of humus, 250 g of ash, 30 g of nitrophoska;
- 20 g of ammonium nitrate, 20 g of potassium sulfate, make the mixture after spring digging fields;
- 5 l of compost, 25 g of nitrophosphate, in parallel with this inter-row enrichment of the soil 20 g of ammonium nitrate and 20 g of potassium sulfate;
- 8 kg of manure mixed with 20 g of ammonium nitrate and 20 g of potassium sulfate. After application, the soil should be treated with superphosphate (35 g) and dolomite flour (400 g).
If there is no fertilizer of organic origin, then you can limit yourself to the use of agrochemicals. In this case, the norm for the site is 5 kg of nitrofoska and 3 kg of nitroammophoski.
How to choose a mixture
Mixtures for enriching the soil in spring depend on the type of potato. It is recommended to fertilize early varieties with pure mineral components, since plants will not have time to get the complex of necessary substances from organic fertilizing before harvest.Nitrofoska contains nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, so the soil using this fertilizer is ideal for varieties with early yields.
For high quality vegetables, copper or molybdenum substances can be added to top dressing. They help plants in the absorption of beneficial components, which affects the size and taste of the fruit.
There is a type of fertilizer that is applied to the soil throughout the agrarian process . Potatoes can be fertilized with these top dressings directly during the growing season, however, farmers recommend using them for soil preparation in spring and autumn.
Types of non-seasonal fertilizers
There are several types of non-seasonal fertilizers . These include:
- Bird droppings. This is a potent component of organic origin, which can be used fresh. The dilution ratio is 1: 8.
- Mullein. This mixture uses water and cow dung. The proportion of dilution is 1:10.
- Infusion of grass. This type of top dressing is prepared from weed crops. 3-4 kg of weeds should be soaked in water and left to ferment for two weeks.
It should be noted that such methods of enriching the soil during the growth of bushes should be applied in accordance with the normalization. Otherwise, the potato may become sick due to a large amount of moisture.
Mineral solutions for the soil
There are also several solutions for improving the mineral balance in the earth. They are made on the basis of such chemicals:
- Carbide solution. 100 g of carbide, 5 g of orthoboric acid and 150 g of potassium dihydroorthophosphate are dissolved in 5 l of water. The solution should be applied to the soil once in the spring immediately before planting, and cultivate the beds every week after the shoots have ascended to the first flowering.
- Phosphoric mixture. For this solution, 120 g of superphosphate per 10 l of water are used. Potato leaves are treated with this mixture a month before harvest and the soil after harvesting.
- Nettle infusion. This fertilizer contains large amounts of zinc, nitrogen and calcium. For cooking, select 2 kg of nettle stalks and soak them with water. After two weeks, the solution should be filtered and cultivated.
In general, these fertilizers have a greater positive effect on plants during the growing season. However, experts recommend fertilizing the plot with these substances during the preparatory process.
This will increase the amount of minerals needed for good potato growth. But it should be remembered that feeding should be carried out in accordance with the normalization and timing.
Preparation of land before planting potatoes includes a certain list of actions. Enrichment is not the last in it soil.
Spring and autumn are favorable periods for improving the balance of minerals and nutrients on the site. The modern introduction of nitrogen and organic mixtures into the soil will favorably affect the quantity and quality of the crop.