Pepper is a rather tender vegetable crop. The growing process takes a lot of time and energy. Pickling in any vegetable crop causes stress, especially in peppers. Pepper dressing after picking is a recovery process.
- Why do I need feeding
- Dive process
- Ground preparation
- Top dressing after dive
- When to start
- First feeding
- Second feeding
- Third feeding
- Recipes for feeding
- From bird droppings
- From wood ash
- From egg shells
- Yeast top dressing
- Recommendations for gardeners
- Conclusion <
Why do we need top dressing
Pepper dressing after picking is a necessary process, so that seedlings can develop well and Growing is especially necessary if seeds were originally planted in plain earth. Fertilizers will help to strengthen the seedlings, grow correctly and bear fruit. If you do not feed, the seedlings will become weak, especially after transplanting.
It is also worth knowing that fertilizers must be added after watering. Spraying is not suitable for plants, the gardener will only waste his time. And one more rule – it is necessary to make top dressing 5-14 days after a dive in single tanks.
The process of picking
Using the picking of seedlings in single pots, lateral and auxiliary roots are formed. If the plant is grown indoors, it is better to start transplanting when strong leaves appear. 2 hours before the start of the procedure, the seedlings are watered and wait until the water is well absorbed into the soil. If the land is dry, transplanting is prohibited. In addition, you need to prepare peat containers or pots of plastic.
Pots of specially prepared or bought earth are poured into the pots. Watered with warm manganese solution. A vegetable is placed in the center of the container, but so that its roots feel free. The roots do not need to be pushed deep into the ground, 0.5 cm will be enough. After planting, the seedlings are watered, while holding its trunk. If the soil has settled after a dive, you need to add it.
Preparing the soil
First of all, the plant receives nutrients through the ground in which the seeds grow. Therefore, for the proper development of vegetable curtsy, it is necessary to specially prepare the soil:
- Mix peat, humus and earth in equal parts. You also need to add 0.5 liters per 1 bucket of ash and superphosphate 200 g.
- Mix sand, humus, earth and peat, also all in the same parts.
- Mix sand and peat in identical parts. The prepared soil is watered with a mixture of superphosphate, potassium sulfate and urea. Apply on 1 bucket 10 g of urea and 30 g of superphosphate and potassium sulfate.
- Soil from the garden, turf, sand and compost. The compost includes ash, 1 glass per 1 bucket.
- Sand, compost, earth, turf (1: 1: 1: 2)
- The next option is prepared using the same proportions of humus leaf, soil, a little sand and vermiculite.
- Sawdust, sand, earth (1: 1: 3)
- Peat and humus mix in equal proportions. Supplement everything with superphosphate and potassium sulfate.
- The last option consists of simple soil, river sand, humus, all in the same proportions. Add a small amount of fertilizer in the form of ash.
An important point in the independent preparation of the land for planting seedlings is to obtain a delicate, light and loose structure. The earth must be nutritious and mineral.
Top dressing after the pick
When to start
If you planted seeds in plain garden soil, then the first top dressing is introduced when the first few leaves appear. It is worth considering that during this period the plant also begins to dive. If a transplant has already been carried out, but fertilizer has not yet been applied, then it is better to wait 14 days. For the first time, top dressing should be prepared from urea 0.5 tsp. and 2.5 ml of potassium humate.
First top dressing
For the first top dressing of peppers after picking, a solution of ammonium nitrate 0.5 g, superphosphate 3 g and potassium 1 g are suitable. All components must be dissolved in 1 liter of water.
The second time they feed seedlings after 14-15 days. The composition of the nutrient mixture remains the same, but the dose is expanded 2 times. At this point, the plant is a little stronger and needs more nutrients.
Third top dressing
3 times top dressing is done for peppers after diving 1 week before seedlings are transplanted into open ground . This time, the number of potash fertilizers is increased to 8 g per 1 liter of water. For any top dressing, the following ingredients are suitable:
- potassium – 1 g;
- superphosphate – 3 g;
- nitrogen – 0.5 g;
- water 1 l.
All components are diluted only in warm water. Water the seedlings under the root and very carefully so as not to wash the ground.
From bird droppings
This fertilizer is suitable for those seedlings that lack nitrogen. To recognize nitrogen starvation, you need to look at the stems and foliage of the plant. It begins to weaken and acquire a yellow tint. To prepare top dressing, carry out the following actions:
- Mix the bird droppings with water, in a 2: 1 ratio.
- The mixture is kept for 2-3 days in a tightly closed container.
- Before applying fertilizer to the ground, it is bred 10 times.
Feeding from bird droppings has nitrogen in it. Nitrogen tends to increase the growth of green foliage. Litter begins to be applied when the first leaves appear on the plant. The mixture can be used for tomatoes and flowers.
From wood ash
You can feed pepper seedlings after a dive with wood ash. It is added to the infusion of nettle. The solution is quite nutritious. It is aimed at good fruiting and growth of the vegetable. To prepare the fertilizer you need:
- 300 g of wood ash;
- 1 liter of nettle drink;
- 10 liters of water.
All components are mixed and after the solution you can water the seedlings. It should be noted that water should evenly fill the entire surface of the container. It is recommended to carry out an earthing up after feeding.
From an egg shell
It will be useful to feed pepper with folk remedies. For this, a simple egg shell is used. To prepare the solution, you will need such components:
- fresh or boiled eggshell in the amount of 10 eggs;
- capacity of 3 l;
- 2 l of boiling water.
The shell must be ground as finely as possible. You can use a coffee grinder for this. Then it is poured into a 3 liter container and poured with boiling water. The solution is infused for 4-5 days.After this, seedlings are watered.
Yeast top dressing
Fertilizer from yeast is also considered to be popular. Yeast contains many vitamins, amino acids and minerals. They increase the immunity of the vegetable to various diseases and make the roots strong.
Yeast will help the seedling grow if it does not have enough light. Yeast fungi are divided into organic elements in the soil, increase the amount of nitrogen and potassium. To prepare the fertilizer, you can use both dry and wet yeast.
If you use dry yeast, then dressing is prepared as follows:
- 10 g of dry yeast;
- chicken litter 0.5 l;
- 0.5 ash, can be straw or wood;
- 10 l of water;
- 5 tbsp. l sugar.
The prepared solution is insisted for 1 hour. Then it is diluted with plain water 10 times. Saplings are watered with a sieve. It is necessary to make top dressing before transplanting seedlings into separate pots, or after diving into an open area. Feeding from wet yeast is much easier to prepare. 1 kg of yeast is diluted in 5 liters of water. The solution is diluted 10 times and you can water the pepper. For the entire period, such feeding should be done 2-3 times.
Recommendations for gardeners
There are some features of feeding:
- It is forbidden to feed add fresh manure, as the plant can be badly damaged.
- It is not recommended to apply fertilizer in the first 14 days after transplanting, as the seedlings are still weak.
- Before starting the feeding process, it is necessary to check once again that the solution is of normal temperature.
- The feeding process is carried out very carefully. The solution should not get on the leaves and flowers during flowering.
- Any intervention in the soil should be carried out early in the morning or after sunset.
If you do not follow these recommendations, then top dressing will only harm the plant.
It is necessary to feed a vegetable crop after a dive for about 5-14 days, as the plant should gain strength and grow stronger. Feeding is necessary, because vegetable crops need minerals and nutrients. This is especially important if the seeds are sown in plain soil from the garden.
Do not overdo the fertilizers, since vegetables do not receive all the necessary elements and even suffer . Fertilizing is done carefully, clearly in terms and in the amount in which it is recommended.