Bell pepper is one of the most popular and common. Varieties of this vegetable, there are about 1,500 thousand. Among the variety of bell pepper, you can find hot species. One tk of such peppers Lamb horn. It is famous for its pungent sharpness and large size, and received the name due to its similarity with the horns of a ram.
- Variety characteristic
- Features of the bush
- Description of the fruit
- Growing pepper
- Care recommendations
- Diseases and pests
- Conclusion <
Characteristics of the variety
The ripening period of this variety is long (130-150 days), therefore the pepper is hot. you can safely call it a late vegetable. t, that the plant is whimsical, requires constant transplants, bait, it is necessary not only to create conditions for growth, but also to protect it from pests.
Due to its aroma and pungent taste, this variety is highly appreciated in various cuisines and The most popular vegetable is in Asia, which is famous for its spicy dishes. In our countries they eat like a pickled or fresh snack.
Features of the bush
The characteristic says that an adult plant overcomes with proper care mark of 0.5 m in length. The bush has sprawling lush leaves and requires a lot of space. This should be considered when planting.
The bush has elongated leaves of a deep green color.
Description of the fruit
The fruits are bitter, stand out for their length, which can reach up to 50 cm in length. The diameter, on the contrary, is small, it does not exceed 1.5 cm. Over time, it twists and takes the form of a horn.
Weight does not exceed 30 g. The number of fruits on one bush fully compensates for its low weight.
This variety is extremely whimsical, so it is important to follow all the necessary rules for growing pepper Ram healthy and getting a large crop. Consider the features of growing seedlings of such pepper.
- Sowing seeds. Sow the seeds of pepper Lamb horn must be 70 days before planting. The roots of the plant are very sensitive, so it is recommended to use separate containers. It is convenient to use disposable plastic cups. Pre-processing seeds do not require.
- Lighting. This is a photophilous plant, so seedlings require lighting for at least 15 hours a day. It is necessary to purchase fluorescent lamps, because at the time of germination of crops, daylight hours are short and insufficient for full development.
- Temperature. Since its homeland is a hot country, germination requires a rather high temperature of 25 ° C, but when grown at lower temperatures (15-18 ° C), the plant will be stronger and hardened.
- Watering. Irrigation is necessary.The soil must be kept moist, drying out is unacceptable. Watering should be very careful so as not to damage the young stems by the water pressure.
Landing in the ground
With a stalk of 20 cm, you can plant. It is important to pay attention to the temperature of the soil, it should not fall below 15 ° C at night. Before planting, it is important to prepare the soil, it must be mulched with hay, mowed grass, rotted leaves – so the soil will not dry out. Planting scheme 50 x 50, the plant is broken and it needs a lot of space.
The first fruits appear in late July. In early September, the plant must be taken out of the ground with roots and placed in a greenhouse. Low temperatures are not tolerated by this vegetable and the root system dies.
Of course, we can’t control the weather, but we can provide favorable conditions for the plant.
B If the plant does not receive the necessary substances, you can use granules of slow-acting fertilizer, which is enough for the whole season.
To grow a healthy plant, you must also monitor the factors Which adversely affect health.These factors include:
- temperature differences, lead to freezing or drying of the leaves;
- stagnation of water is fraught with rotting of the root system and death of the plant;
- water on leaves – this vegetable reacts extremely negatively to water entering the foliage.
Diseases and pests
There are several of the most common diseases of the pepper in question.
- late blight. It appears in spots on the fetus and gray plaque on foliage and branches. It is quickly transmitted from one plant to another. In order to prevent the onset of this disease, it is necessary to choose a well-lit place and observe the planting pattern. For prevention, such remedies as Barrier and Barrier are suitable. For direct treatment, use a solution of calcium chloride (1%) in the processing of the fruits themselves.
- Phytoplasmosis is characterized by complete growth arrest and yellowing of the foliage. To avoid the disease, you must regularly weed and loosen the soil.
- Bronze is characterized by a pattern of yellow rings on the fruits of the plant. There is no cure for this disease, so sick bushes are destroyed, and healthy ones are treated with Fundazol.
Insects of various species, worms and larvae harm any plant, so their appearance should not be allowed.
- Aphids. She eats the juice of the plant, which is vital for him. To get rid of aphids, it is necessary to spray plantings with insecticides, Thunder, Barguzin, Provotox are well suited.
- The spider mite affects plantings in the same way as aphids. A distinctive feature is the web on the branches. For fighting it is best to use Fufanon, Fosbetsd or you can try folk remedies: medical alcohol, which should be wiped off the stems or a soap solution that is applied for a couple of hours and washed off with running water.
- The wireworm is a worm that damages root system. To fight, it is best to use folk remedies, since chemicals can harm the roots. Effective remedies include: onion peel, which must be placed in a pit before planting or covered with a thin layer of soil, you can use maid powder in the same way.
The variety of pepper The ram’s horn is quite sharp and famous for its appearance. However, the growing process is complex and requires effort, so only experienced gardeners will agree to grow hot peppers Aran horn. For a strong and healthy plants it is necessary to comply with the rules of landing and protect from pests and diseases.