What pig fodder yeast is made of
Fodder pig yeast made from ordinary technical quality yeast. The production technology consists in the fact that the colonies of yeast are placed in a nutrient medium, where they are actively propagated. After fodder yeast is dried, and the output is a light brown powder with a characteristic odor.
Depending on what raw materials are used to make the food additive, its types are distinguished:
- Hydrolysis, which are produced on the basis of dry household waste or wood residue.
- Classical, which are made from waste from the alcohol industry.
- Protein-vitamin concentrate, which is synthesized using non-plant products from petroleum products, ethanol, methanol and paraffins.
Acetic acid and monosaccharides are used in the production. These substances are abundant in vegetable and fruit waste. Although the process is difficult from a technical point of view, the products come out much cheaper than the production of animal feed. The use of waste as raw materials significantly reduces the cost of production. It is for this reason that yeast is so popular in feed production for livestock.
Dosage of feed yeast for pigs
During the introduction of yeast into the diet of pigs, it is necessary to carefully monitor the cleanliness of feeders and to remove unfinished food from them in time. Otherwise, there is a high risk of development diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as poisoning.
The yeast is not given to the animals in pure form. They are mixed with other food and create favorable conditions for the reproduction of the colony. This process is called yeast. At its end, the mass is dried, thereby obtaining a powdery substance of a dark brown color.
When feeding animals, the dosage of fodder yeast should be at least 10% of the total amount of feed. This is about 0.3-0.4 kg per individual. Pregnant females need a more nutritious diet, because for the normal formation of the fetus you need a sufficient amount of protein, fat and carbohydrates. They need to give up to 0.5 kg of supplements per day.Nursing females are introduced into the diet on the first day after birth. This increases lactation and helps restore the strength of the farrowing pig.
You can also give fodder yeast to piglets. The introduction of a food supplement should be done gradually to avoid digestive upsets and allergic reactions. Piglets should be given 0.1-0.15 kg of yeast per day, then the dose is increased every 3-4 days. Weaned piglets double the dose. Despite the fact that protein is important for the growth of young animals, there is a likelihood of problems with digestion due to its excess. Farmers’ opinions on whether pigs can be given yeast diverge greatly for this reason.
How to feed pigs with yeast feed
Properly selected feed and dosage – only half the battle. It is also necessary to properly prepare fodder yeast for eating.
When the additive is soaked, yeast cells divide, thereby increasing the amount of protein contained in them. This is feed yeast, which is widely used in many farms.
There are several ways in which yeast can be produced:
- Opara. For this, 10 l of boiled warm water is taken, into which 150-250 g of fodder yeast and about 4 kg of concentrates are dipped. After the mass is mixed until smooth, it is left for 5-6 hours in a warm room.While the mixture is fermenting, it is stirred every 30-50 minutes for better aeration of the feed. After that, another 15 kg of concentrates and at least 30 l of heated water are added. The mixture is again left to ferment for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Without a couple. In this case, the entire volume of compound feed (20 kg) and 10 liters of warm water with yeast diluted in it are immediately taken. Next, the mass is poured into a large container and add 35 l of liquid. Yeast lasts about 7-9 hours.
- Sourdough. This method is the most economical, if we take into account the use of animal feed. Of the total feed use not more than 35-40%. Compound feed is poured with warm water and mixed until uniform. A solution is added to the feed and left to ferment for 5-7 hours. In order to give the leaven the opportunity to be saturated with oxygen, it is intensively stirred 3-4 times a day. In the subsequent times after feeding, a small part is left.
High-quality feeds not only improve the metabolism in the pig’s body, but also provide optimal daily weight gain. The health of young animals and breeding individuals depends on the presence of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the diet.
A product such as fodder yeast has been used effectively by farmers for many years . This food supplement can not only increase the weight gain in fattening pigs, but also significantly reduce the costs of the farm itself.
You need to know exactly how many yeasts are recommended for a pig. An excess of them in the body can cause the opposite result, as well as metabolic disorders.