For a good harvest, dressing garlic in the summer is extremely important. Fertilizer allows you to grow a healthy and high-quality crop.
- Types of garlic
- First feeding
- Second <
- Fourth <
- Foliar dressing of garlic
- Species <
- Conclusion <
Types of garlic
First, determine what type of garlic you need to feed, and then choose the type and method of nutrition. There are 2 type:
- Spring is planted in the spring. It forms small bulbs There are many cloves, they are tightly adjacent to each other.
- Winter crops are planted in late autumn. Bulbs and cloves are large, but their number is smaller. Bulbs dry out in December-January.
Winter fertilize in autumn and spring in summer.
Garlic loves moisture and is resistant to cold. It is sensitive to soil acidity.
In summer, the plant grows actively, so it needs minerals and nutrients. They help him shape the head. One summer feeding is not enough. The culture is fed at least 3 times per season. They also do foliar feeding.
The first fertilizers are organic. They are introduced before planting the crop in the soil.The introduction of rotted manure provides the formation of large and juicy bulbs.
Also, the soil is fertilized with compost: 8 kg per 1 sq. Km. m. In poor soil, mineral components are also added: superphosphate and ash. The first is bred 1 tbsp. l for 1 bucket of manure, and ashes take only 0.5 liters.
The second time they are fertilized 2 weeks after planting. If it is spring garlic, leaves have already appeared. Winter – after the snow melts. At this time, the plant requires a lot of nutrients for growth and ovary formation.
A good option is urea or a urea solution. Dilute 1 tbsp. l on 1 bucket of cold water. For 1 square. m need 2 liters. A slurry solution is also suitable. It is diluted in water in a ratio of 6: 1. Apply 2-3 times per season.
The third is carried out 2 weeks after the second. During the third application, the leaves often turn yellow. They are struggling with this problem by watering the plantings with a solution of nitroammorphous and water. On one bucket take 2 tbsp. l For 1 m², you will need approximately 3 L of mortar.
This is summer dressing. Fertilizers are applied in the middle or at the end of July. If it is winter garlic (it ripens earlier), application takes place in June.
Fertilizer rules in summer:
- You can not miss the time.If you fertilize earlier, vitamins will go to the growth of stems, not cloves. Late top dressing will not give any effect.
- Fertilize with superphosphate – 2 tbsp. l on a bucket of water. About 1 liter of this aqueous solution is taken per 1 m².
- Feeding with urea and potassium chloride. 10 g of water will require 10 g of fertilizer. Irrigation is carried out in the evening: after sunset and before watering.
These funds will give cloves the necessary nutrients and vitamins. The crop will depend on them.
Foliar nutrition of garlic
This type of fertilizer is important for the rapid absorption of nutrients. Application by this method saves time, because the solution is prepared in a lower concentration than for root top dressing.
Plants are sprayed in the early morning or evening before sunset. It is desirable that there is no rain and more than 2 hours have passed from the moment of processing. In cloudy weather, feeding is carried out during the day. Non-root should not replace the main dressing – it is carried out as an additional one.
There are many dressings, but only some of them are suitable for garlic. Types of fertilizer:
- Saline is necessary for growth. It helps to overcome the disease, from which the leaves, stems of the plant turn yellow and dry. Salt treatment helps get rid of pests. For cooking 3 tbsp. l salts are thoroughly mixed in 10 l of water.
- Wood ash helps garlic to be saturated with nutrients, to process the soil from pests. It is used in summer in a liquid solution: June and July. To prepare 200 g of ash is diluted in 10 l of water. Sometimes plants are powdered.
- Ammonia is a double helper for gardeners, it destroys pests and saturates plants with nitrogen. 25 ml of ammonia are diluted in 10 liters of water, they are sprayed with plantings.
- Chicken droppings are introduced before planting in the fall. The main thing is not to use it fresh. Garlic loses its taste and ability to persist for a long time.
- Mullein is used throughout the growing season. Prepare a liquid solution. Manure and water are placed in a bucket in a ratio of 1: 5. The mixture should stand for about 2 weeks. From time to time, it is opened and mixed. The finished solution is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10 and then watered. For 1 m² you will need from 8 to 10 liters.
Organics enrich with vitamins, preventing the formation of nitrates. Top dressing increases the yield and taste buds of this crop.
Dressing garlic in summer plays an exceptional role in its development. y and saturates it with necessary microelements.You can fertilize not only with mineral, but also with organic fertilizers: manure, chicken droppings, wood ash, etc.