The emergence and maturation of a brood is an unforgettable period for every farmer. However, notes of sorrow can dilute it if birds die. How to keep livestock? What to do if goslings fall to their feet and die? How to treat the remaining offspring to avoid mass death?
- Causes of death goose
- How to treat sick goslings
- Preventive measures
- Tips from experienced farmers
Causes of death of goslings
Weekly goslings are still immature birds that are quite sensitive to temperature fluctuations and have weak immunity. It is no secret that viruses and bacteria that infect individual individuals can easily mow the whole n the headband of young animals. As a rule, the first symptoms indicating a worsening condition of the bird are problems with the legs and the entire skeletal system. If you notice that the caterpillar has failed legs, you must immediately take it to the veterinarian.
Causes causing such symptoms are known to many farmers (these are standard diseases that occur in adults):
- Infectious (characterized by the rapid spread, a sharp deterioration in the condition of not only a single individual, but the whole population). With timely treatment, under the strict guidance of a veterinarian, strong chicks stand on their feet, weakened – die or remain crippled. Helminthiasis (worms cause serious damage to the health of fragile goslings).It provokes the development of such a disease of poor-quality food, water and non-compliance with hygiene requirements by the farmer. Such a disease is characterized by high mortality.
- Salmonellosis and other viral diseases (if you notice that the small legs are not able to support the weight of the chick, you must urgently remove him from his peers in order to prevent the development of the epidemic). Symptoms: loss of appetite, weakness, legs are moving apart, convulsions are observed. If treatment is not performed, the goslings will die.
- Avitaminosis (the body needs one or another microelement). Such a disease can be suspected by the behavior of goslings (their legs move apart, therefore, the bird often sits down). If the body lacks vitamin D, then the skeleton is improperly formed with a lack of elements of group B – paralysis of the legs, wings and curvature of the sternum may become noticeable. When establishing nutrition, the young growth gets to its feet and continues to live.
- Rickets (a rather serious lesion of the skeletal system, at the initial stage of which the goslings move their legs, and at the later stage, broilers die).
- Lesions with various fungi (most often it is Candidiasis, which can be easily treated at home).
It is easy to guess that broilers are susceptible to diseases in the spring, when there are not enough useful micronutrients in the food consumed.
The reason that goslings cannot stand on their feet is often not a disease, but an injury or violation of the conditions. For example, during hypothermia, ligaments are affected in young animals, the calcaneal section swells, as a result, the individual cannot walk, lags behind its peers in development (this becomes noticeable no earlier than a month after the defeat).
If the goose dies , then the farmer must sound the alarm, put the weakened individual in a separate enclosure, exclude contact with the rest of the livestock, fix the symptoms, call the veterinarian and proceed with the recommendations received from the specialist. It is important to understand that at this time you need to closely monitor all geese, trying to identify new victims in order to eliminate mass death.
How to treat sick goslings
Having figured out why the goslings fall on their feet, it remains to get acquainted with the treatment of a particular disease.
If the geese fall on their legs, refuse to eat, look lethargic, and you suspect or your veterinarian has diagnosed Salmonella, then you need to urgently proceed to receive antibiotics prescribed by a veterinarian. Timely treatment and proper care can save the lives of young animals.
If the cause of weakness is a viral infection or enteritis that affects the gastrointestinal tract and respiratory organs, as a result of which small individuals die exponentially, treatment should be started with complete disinfection house, relocation of healthy individuals.Unfortunately, with such a disease, young growth is quite difficult to cure, because it has vital organs that fail.
Candidiasis can only affect young individuals whose age does not exceed a month or two (adult geese are only carriers of pathogenic microflora). Treatment consists in jigging goslings (not only those who are sick), disinfecting the premises, improving nutrition, and using medications prescribed by the veterinarian. Delaying their contact with adults will help save healthy young goslings.
It is regrettable to say, but kidney candidiasis, like enteritis, is a disease with high mortality.
Another case is vitamin deficiency, which the reason for the sluggish state of animals is clear – lack of vitamins or minerals. The treatment of the disease is to normalize nutrition (providing high-quality, complete feed). At the same time, leaving the bird alone does not make sense (all young animals will have to be restored).
Tip: it is advisable to treat all birds by adding medicine to the feed or burying a certain set of funds in each throat.
“Alerted, then armed” is the motto that saves the lives of many representatives of the fauna of planet Earth. Therefore, having figured out why goslings die, it remains only to carry out preventive measures to avoid the development of epidemics that can mow a whole population.Here they are:
- Following the rules for the care of geese (properly equip the house, avoid drafts and dampness, etc.).
- Maintaining cleanliness in the house (removing feces, processing walls with disinfectants, washing feeders and drinkers).
- Timely replacement of water and feed.
- Providing high-quality, fresh food and clean water.
- Carrying out compulsory walking of birds .
- The caterpillar fell or sat down, what should I do? Urgently need to raise the fallen, to separate from the rest of the birds to prevent the spread of diseases by airborne droplets (through nutrient media).
- Timely vaccination of not only young animals, but also adults (goslings can be vaccinated at the end of the first month of life , and adult birds – 1.5 months before the expected egg laying date).
- Choose food depending on the time of year (the prevailing vitamin is different).
- Permanent bird monitoring, allowing recognize the symptoms of developing diseases in time (p give, then weak).
Perhaps these are all recommendations, observing that you will not encounter the fact that goslings fall to their feet and die.
Experienced Tips farmers
People who have grown more than one generation of healthy Here, some tips that even novice farmers can follow are:
- Add biovit to the feed to reduce the likelihood of developing diseases associated with gastrointestinal tract damage. Allowed goslings older than two weeks of age.
- Reducing the likelihood of catching diseases such as salmonellosis, enteritis and candidiasis will help the addition of paraform (after 21 days of life) and sodium selenite (from 10 to 40 days of age) .
- While the birds are walking, ventilate the chicken coop.If this is not possible, consider ventilation.
- If goslings are often ill, immediately disinfect the house, change the food and conditions of the birds.
What can you do to save life. Follow the above recommendations, carefully monitor the pets, if any changes in the state of young animals are detected, urgently call a veterinarian. Only in this case you can enjoy a healthy livestock that meets your needs. Now you know all the possible reasons for the goslings to fall on their feet.